Why does TV keep losing my business license on computer?

Options
lknute
lknute Posts: 3 ✭✭

I appreciate the fact that TeamViewer grants 10 license moves per year for keeping up with real moves from one device to another.

However, I am frustrated with the fact that I have to keep doing moves to keep the business license on a computer that has not changed in any way.

I have heard the explanation, "maybe Microsoft has loaded an update that changes the device ID". Well, that seems lame. Why should an OS update change the device ID. Cannot TeamViewer have a better way of persisting the ID? Sometimes, it seems that the license goes from Paid to Free by just connecting to a different Wi-Fi network. Again, why can TeamViewer not keep the ID the same when the computer with the business license has minor changes? This seems like an industry standard that is a big weakness for TeamViewer. I don't know of any other licensed software that I've used is so fickle. I am a business software developer with 20+ years of experience.

I love TeamViewer's capabilities, but I get just really frustrated in keeping the business license intact!