cannot connect to remote device on iPhone app

Options

I cannot connect to a remote desktop computer through the iPhone app. I enter the Partner ID and then click "Remote Control" and it says "connecting to partner" for about half a second and then nothing happens.

Answers

• albert12modpe
    Options

Happens the same. It appears very quickly a message, however it appears and goes so fast that cannot read properly. It has been giving problems since you have to log in the APP for establishing a connection.

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 997 Moderator
    Options

Hi @MollyMac & @albert12modpe,

Thank you both for sharing your experience with the TeamViewer app on iPhone.

As a first step, could you please uninstall the app on the iPhone and reinstall it again?

If the issue persists, then please try to connect with another network (Wi-Fi or cellular network) and try again to establish a connection to the remote device.

Let us know how it goes!

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone / French Community Moderator

• MollyMac
    MollyMac Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Jen,

Unfortunately none of that seems to have worked :( I tried on two different wifi networks and on cellular network.

• JenW
    Options

Hi @MollyMac,

Thank you for the troubleshooting you have done!

To get more information on the possible issue, could you please try to establish a connection from your iPhone to another remote device?

We would like to know if connecting to another device is possible or not. If it is, then the issue may come from the remote desktop. In that case, you would need to uninstall and install TeamViewer again on the remote desktop.

Also, feel free to check the compatibility table according to the OS of both devices and the TeamViewer versions:

Hope to hear from you soon!

Jen

• MollyMac
    Options

Hi @JenW, thanks for the suggestion! I will try that, but in the meantime it might be helpful for you to know that other people can connect to the remote desktop from their phones. I'm not sure if they're using an iPhone or something else, but I think that suggests the problem is on the end of my iPhone app.

• JenW
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi @MollyMac,

Thank you for sharing this useful additional information!

Indeed, the issue seems to be affecting your iPhone.

Also, TeamViewer is compatible with iOS 15 or later, could you confirm that your iOS version meets these requirements?

Let us know about the test to connect from your iPhone to another remote device!

Best,

Jen

• MollyMac
    Options

Hi @JenW , I was not able to connect to another device, but I might be doing it improperly this time because when trying to connect to the other device it says "connection blocked." This is just trying to connect to my personal Microsoft laptop.

• JenW
    Options

Hi @MollyMac,

Thanks for the new information!

Then, I think we're finally getting there as I might have an idea of the root cause 😉

If you have this message, it may be because the ID of your iPhone has been detected for commercial use.

In that case, we invite you to fill out the following form to request the reset of your ID:

👉 Reset Management

Once you receive the confirmation email, you can try to establish the connection again.

💡 As you can add up to 10 IDs in the form, we recommend adding all the IDs of the devices you are connecting from and to.

Hope this time is the good one!

Best,

Jen

• MollyMac
    Options

@JenW unfortunately it's still having the same error :(