Identify partners?

Options

Private user with two pc's as 'devices'. I find I have three 'partners' additionally listed and I have no idea who they are and cant find a way to either check them or delete them.

Have I been hacked?

Best Answer

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,078 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Yotboy ,

It's my pleasure to help!

When you format a device, the ID will change and it's necessary to add the new ID to your Computer & Contacts list.

The old device ID remains on the Computer & Contacts list until you delete it. Each ID is unique, so a device that no longer exists (due to formatting) can't be connected anymore and will display as offline.

To increase the security of your devices, we highly recommend configuring the Allowlist. Therefore, only connections from your TeamViewer account will be accepted to your devices.

You also may consider configuring two-factor authentication for connection. For more details, check our article: 📄Two-Factor Authentication for connections

Please let me know if we can help you any further. 🙋‍♀️

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator

Answers

• .Carol.fg.
    Options

Hi @Yotboy ,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our Community!

Did you change any devices recently or formatted a device? There is a possibility that this extra contact was an old ID of yours.

You can find the steps to remove a device from a group in our article 📄 Add and remove existing devices from groups.

If you suspect unauthorized connections happened to your device, you may consider checking the TeamViewer log files:

📄 Log file reading - Incoming connection

Let us know how it goes and if you have any further questions.

Best, Carol

• Yotboy
    Yotboy Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

That's most helpful Carol. I have indeed changed / updated /reinsatlled operating systems recently. I've also installed TV on my phone so there's been a lot of checking connections etc without bothering to complete any particular actions.

I've looked through the log files and found no evidence of any ttempted connection that I haven't been able to identify.

My current situation is that I am not travelling and can therefore stop TV auto starting on start up and I can then ensure that neither of the 3 devices I'm currently using can be contacted / connected without me knowing in advance.

The ID's in question are not from any group (I dont have any group set ups), so I can remove them from a group.

If I try to connect to them, I just get the message that they are not online. It's not really a problem as I'll be monitoring my system to make sure TV is only running when I know about it.

Many thanks for your help

• .Carol.fg.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Yotboy ,

It's my pleasure to help!

When you format a device, the ID will change and it's necessary to add the new ID to your Computer & Contacts list.

The old device ID remains on the Computer & Contacts list until you delete it. Each ID is unique, so a device that no longer exists (due to formatting) can't be connected anymore and will display as offline.

To increase the security of your devices, we highly recommend configuring the Allowlist. Therefore, only connections from your TeamViewer account will be accepted to your devices.

You also may consider configuring two-factor authentication for connection. For more details, check our article: 📄Two-Factor Authentication for connections

Please let me know if we can help you any further. 🙋‍♀️

Best, Carol

• Yotboy
    Yotboy Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Carol. That's excellent advice. All done now.

Thanks again - Chris