Bought license cannot activate - There is another license on the account

Options
HA4g3n
HA4g3n Posts: 10 ✭✭

Hi as topic says

"Sorry, the license couldn’t be activated. There is another license on the account. Please contact us."

I do not see any other licenses connected to my account when logged on into the portal. How to fix this since i need to use teamview and now i cannot use the instance i have just bought.

Had an account before, another license as well but this is not working with the new license.

I found this: The license you tried to activate is already activated on another TeamViewer account. — TeamViewer Support

and it could be a company profile attached, how to remove it then? I do not work there since a lot of years back.

thanks

Best Answer

• HA4g3n
    Answer ✓
    Options

This was resolved by following a guide on internet.

Remove the teamviewer account completely. then register as a new one, then activate the license on the new account.

Answers

• HA4g3n
    Options

Hi as topic says

"Sorry, the license couldn’t be activated. There is another license on the account. Please contact us."

I do not see any other licenses connected to my account when logged on into the portal. How to fix this since i need to use teamviewer and now i cannot use the instance i have just bought.

Had an account before, another license as well but this is not working with the new license.

It could be a company profile attached, how to remove it then? I do not work there since a lot of years back.

thanks

• HA4g3n
    Options

hmm, also received an error posting here on the forum that actually got posted multiple times. the other posts from me can be deleted. thanks

• HA4g3n
    Answer ✓
    Options

This was resolved by following a guide on internet.

Remove the teamviewer account completely. then register as a new one, then activate the license on the new account.

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,092 Moderator
    Options

Hi @HA4g3n ,

Thanks for reaching out to our Community for help!

If your TeamViewer account is linked to a company profile you would need to contact the administrator to remove the account from their profile in order to activate the license with this account. Our support team cannot remove your account from a company profile - only the company administrator can do it.

If your account has never been linked with a company profile, we would advise you to call our support team for help. The local numbers you can find here.

Let us know how it goes and if you need any further help. 🙋‍♀️

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator