Migration does not work

Options

According to this article https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/109705-migrate-your-devices you need to migrate your devices to use all features in the future.

There are two ways.

first way

1. Sign in to your account via the TeamViewer Remote full client or via https://web.teamviewer.com/.
  2. Click the Devices list menu.
  3. Click the Migration Required button.
  4. Click Migrate devices. A popup will appear; click Migrate devices again.

There is no pop up when click on that line beneath the device

Instead a click opens the device details on the right. There is a hint that migration is needed but no way to start it.

second way

1. You can also access the migration page by signing in to https://login.teamviewer.com/ and by clicking Device migration status.
  2. Click the Migrate button.
  3. Click Automated migration. Once it's done, click See migration results.
  4. Click Finalize migration.
  5. Click the Start button.
  6. Click Clear duplicated devices and click Clear devices to confirm

First of all there is no point called "device migration status". What it should read is "Device update status". Anyhow.

If you click on "automated migration" results in a screen showing "creating target groups and updateing devices". This keeps at 0% all the while there are red popups showing up (lining up under each other saying "there has been an error working on your request").

So automatic migration does not work.

Manual upgrade is also described in the article but it does nothing either.

You are able to choose all the device which can be migrated, creation (or if you allready did so) / choosing a group works fine, click "next". The status bar goes from 0 to 100, pop ut that the update has been done but if you click on "show results" the next page says "0 devices updated", x updates pendig (where x is the number of devices chosen), 0 failed.

So. Why bother to ask for a migration if there is no way to do it?

Best Answer

• BlackGuard
    BlackGuard Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have one contact but the rest (more than 3) is added to my account.

Anyhow. It took a few days (that is not mentioned in the article) and all but one (my mother's computer which she rarely uses) are migrated.

Answers

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,092 Moderator
    Options

Hi @BlackGuard,

Welcome to our Community and thanks for the time you took to write to us.

Regarding the first way of migrating your devices, please know that the pop-up shows up only for the Classic Computer and Devices groups. Please make sure you select the correct group - the device may be visible in more than one group.

Regarding the second way, based on the description provided the devices are stuck on pending status. To solve this issue please check if the devices are:

• Turned on - the devices must be online to be migrated.
    • Verify if the devices are all running TeamViewer 15.36 or later. If your devices run an older version, please update them to the latest version.
    • Verify if the pending devices are assigned to your account.
    • Check if TeamViewer Backup is installed. At this moment, the migration process is incompatible with devices that have TeamViewer Backup enabled. You can quickly verify this information on the Management Console by selecting the All folder and checking if the device has the Backup icon.

Please let me know if this information is enough to help you. 🍀

I'm looking forward to your feedback! 🙋‍♀️

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator

• BlackGuard
    Options

Point 1: There are no goups to be seen. According to the hint this needs an upgrade of my license.

I am private user though.

Point 2:

all prerequisites are given. No chance to migrate.

• .Carol.fg.
    edited February 13
    Options

Hi @BlackGuard,

Thanks for your reply!

According to our announcement TeamViewer Remote’s Free Version, free users can have up to 3 managed devices.

If you can't see any groups or devices, it could be that you never added a device to your Computer and Contact list. There is a possibility that you added only contacts that are visible on the notebook icon at the top left of TeamViewer Remote.

If that is the case, please know that only devices can be migrated - contacts cannot.

👉 You can find how to add devices here.

However, if that's not the case, could you provide more details? A screenshot could help a lot.

I'm looking forward to your next reply. 🙋‍♀️

Best, Carol

• BlackGuard
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have one contact but the rest (more than 3) is added to my account.

Anyhow. It took a few days (that is not mentioned in the article) and all but one (my mother's computer which she rarely uses) are migrated.

• .Carol.fg.
    Options

Hi @BlackGuard,,

I'm happy to hear your mother's device was migrated!

Don't hesitate to post in our Community if you have any further questions. 😄

Have a great day!

Best, Carol

• fabmin
    fabmin Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Just attemped a migration. I have a bone to pick about this. While I can see a named list of devices in the manual migration screen, I see nowhere that details what devices failed, which are pending, and which cannot be migrated. How do I see what devices cannot migrate and why. I get offline or not assigned or whatever but I need to be able to know what to fix and on what machine. a counter is useless otherwise.

DEVICE INFORMATION

Migration needed

28 Migrated

16 Migration not possible

Migrated + duplicated

• djdiego71
    djdiego71 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I have similar issue with migration.
    One device has "Backup" icon and i dont know how to uninstall this option.
    The "backup" is not activated but present.