Save time and effort with the refreshed Device Management in the Management Console. Run the migration to benefit from the new, more intuitive experience. This article explains the advantages of migration and provides a step-by-step guide on how to perform it.
- Performing the migration is only possible on devices running TeamViewer (Classic) 15.36 or above.
- For the migration, the devices must be assigned to an account.
- The migration is currently incompatible with devices that have Backup installed.
Please do not process the migration on the devices mentioned above, as users will lose access to these devices.
This article applies to all TeamViewer (Classic) users.
The new, upgraded Device Management is designed to provide you with a better experience when managing your devices in an intuitive, flexible way.
Here are some key advantages of the improved Device Management:
- Flexibility: Enable your administrators to add devices to more than one group, allocate more flexible device permissions, and simplify overall device management.
- Quick Access: Manage and access company devices anytime with the refreshed Device Management within the Management Console.
- Scalability: Manage large fleets of devices easily and provide individualized rights to device groups to managers with different access rights.
- Reliability: Built-in recovery of error cases and delivery of changes after a device goes offline for any reason.
How to migrate my devices (recommended)
We kindly ask you to migrate the new Device Management at your earliest convenience. You may choose to migrate either automatically or manually. In any case, TeamViewer will create a backup copy of your list of devices so you can go back and view your original devices if needed.
To migrate your devices to the new Device Management system, please follow the instructions in the video below.
Automated migration (recommended): Let TeamViewer automatically migrate to the Device Management for all your groups, including your current preferences and permissions. The device management can only migrate online devices. Still, if a device is offline during the migration, it will be added automatically as soon as it comes online.
- Sign in to your account via the TeamViewer Remote full client or via https://web.teamviewer.com/.
- Click the Devices list menu.
- Click the Migration Required button.
- Click Migrate devices. A popup will appear; click Migrate devices again.
- You can also access the migration page by signing in to https://login.teamviewer.com/ and by clicking Device migration status.
- Click the Migrate button.
- Click Automated migration. Once it's done, click See migration results.
- Click Finalize migration.
- Click the Start button.
- Click Clear duplicated devices and click Clear devices to confirm.
You have successfully migrated your devices to the new device management system.
Select the devices and groups you want to migrate manually.
You can use this method for test purposes or if you want to migrate your devices manually.
- Click on Manual migration.
- Choose whether you want to migrate specific devices or entire groups, and click on Continue.
- The list of all your devices will appear. Click on the Show only devices needing migration toggle to see which devices you can migrate.
- Select the devices you want to migrate and click Continue.
- Select the device group you want to move the devices into. If you haven't created any group yet, click the Edit new device groups button.