TeamViewer created a license type called the Remote Access license. The goal was to offer a low-price, high-value solution for specific use cases like Remote Access or Remote Work. Classic examples are Home Offices or Server administration to a limited extent.
To give you a great starting point, we created this FAQ to tackle the most common questions.
What is the Remote Access license? And what is the difference between Remote Access and TeamViewer core licenses?
Can I talk to the TeamViewer support team? How to contact TeamViewer support
I have paid my Remote Access license, but no confirmation email and no license received; what should I do?
- The first email immediately after purchase is the email that contains the activation link - this is sent prior to the invoice, as the invoice may take up to 24 hours to generate. We kindly ask for your patience and check your email inbox and spam folder in the meantime.
- Visit the TeamViewer Community Licensing support board for possible solutions.
How do I activate the Remote Access license?
I have activated the Remote Access license on my account, but I cannot use it. Why?
- Please log in to your licensed account.
- Check on the TeamViewer version – The latest version on both sides.
- Complete the activation on endpoint devices.
- Check whether a company Profile is attached to the licensed account- Log in to TeamViewer (Classic) Management Console.
- If you have created a company profile, please delete the company profile in the Management Console by clicking on your name in the upper right corner ➜ Administer [your company profile name] ➜ under General ➜ Click (Remove all users and) delete company ➜ click Save ➜ Read the following warning and confirm that you are aware that this process cannot be undone ➜ click Delete company.
- All selected users are now removed from the company and your company has been deleted.
- You can now use your Remote Access license.
- Kindly check out more information on How to activate your Remote Access license.
How many endpoints can I connect to?
- Remotely access 3 assigned computers or servers. Also, you can purchase 3 additional endpoint devices anytime. For more information, please visit here.
How many device resets do I get?
I have purchased the Remote Access license. Can I upgrade to the TeamViewer Core license?
I have purchased a Remote Access license. Can I use the Remote Access plan and my core license at the same time?
- No, the Remote Access license and core license should be activated on separate accounts and used separately.
Which version of TeamViewer should I use Remote Access on?
What is the supported Operating System compatible with Remote Access license?
Can I use Remote Access to connect to the customized module?
What other features come with Remote Access license