NEW LICENSE: Use case-specific license for a fixed number of devices

Esther
Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
edited May 2023 in Licensing

Hi all,

Based on our users´ feedback, TeamViewer created a new license type called the Remote Access license. Our goal was to offer a low price, high-value solution for specific use cases like Remote Access or Remote WorkClassic examples are Home Offices or Server administration to a limited extent. 

One major point distinguishing the new Remote Access license from the existing ones is the way of licensing: The Remote Access license enables connections to a defined set of fixed, licensed devices 

In the past months, we were working together with our customers to find the perfect balance between pricing and the number of licensed endpoints as well as other baseline decisions like the number of the possible device-moves during a specific timeframe. This explains why the number of devices that could be purchased changed over time.  

We are happy to announce that we finalized this stage and that we started to offer the unified Remote Access license globally since March, 2nd 2020 to our customers with the following setup:  

• The base product comes with the possibility to license three endpoint-devices 
  • Aoptional Add-On product can enlarge the number of endpoint devices with additional three devices 

Therefore, the maximum number of devices that can be licensed with the new Remote Access plan is sixIn case one of the devices needs to be replaced, we provide you with three respective six device-moves per month. This allows hassle-free moves to a new device if needed.  

In case one of your licensed devices needs to be replaced, every month we provide you with one license move per device that is included in your plan. If you need to change the devices more frequently, add devices regularly or connect to multiple devices, Remote Access is not the right fit for your use case. In that case, we recommend having a look at the other license solutions TeamViewer is offering.

For your convenience, we provide a product description page that gives you a detailed overview of our different license solutionsIf you need any further help, please feel free to get in contact with our sales team. 

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

Comments

• Gman85
    Gman85 Posts: 2

We bought this product from you and I need to move around a lot. Unfortunately it feels like an impossible task to get my free teamviewer account registered as a paid account.I have been on the portal and the app to make my free account register as a paid account, but I cannot find any way to do this. Can someone please assist? I am trying to find a customer support email page from you guys but it seems intentionally complicated to find one.

• DavidPugh
    DavidPugh Posts: 5 ✭✭

I purchased this 3 Remote Access License and have used it to connect to two remote sites.

I have been have having trouble connecting to one of the sites today and have had to delete and then re add the connection several times.

I now have this message

Its impossible to contact anyone at Teamviewer in Australia...just a single # that basically does nothing.

Is anyone out there from Teamviewer that cares about customer support!!

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @DavidPugh,

Indeed, the "license moves" are limited with the Remote Access license.

Please contact our customer support directly so they can unlock the situation for you.

Contact customer support

Let me know if you have any further question.

All the best,

JeanK

Community Manager

• RUDOLFsh
    RUDOLFsh Posts: 1

"the "license moves" are limited with the Remote Access license.", and need your CS?

until today, still nothing changed???

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍

Hi @RUDOLFsh,

Correct. License moves are still limited with the Remote Access license.

If you exceed your limit per month (one move per device per month), then you need to contact our Customer Support team.

Let me know if you have any questions! I'll be happy to help you further.

/JeanK

Community Manager