First time set up

So I'd like to use TeamViewer to help my 90+ year old parents when they have computer issues. I'm not sure where to start or whether to use the web client or desktop client. Any advise would be extremely helpful!

Answers

• TVSupportMatt
    TVSupportMatt Posts: 90 Staff member ๐Ÿค 

Hello @Lindahelper

Welcome to our Community and thank you for your first post! ๐ŸŒ๏ธ

This is my personal opinion, and not the opinion of TeamViewer overall as a Company. I would suggest using the desktop application.

Below will be a few Knowledge Base articles that will give some step-by-step instructions for setting up TeamViewer, and how to use it.

The Knowledge Base is basically our guide for anything TeamViewer.

Get started with TeamViewer Remote
    Create your account (teamviewer.com)
    Download and install TeamViewer Remote
    Supported operating systems for TeamViewer Remote
    Connect via ID and password (teamviewer.com) (You will see a lot more articles to the left of this article when you open it that provide further instructions)
    Manage a device via a remote session (teamviewer.com)

The articles above will give you a huge jump start to using TeamViewer. Feel free to explore more than the ones listed there as well.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further help. ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

• Thanks. I'll look into all of those.

• When I send a session via email, they are never receiving the invite. The email is not in the inbox nor their spam folder. I downloaded the TeamViewer Meeting on their laptop, but I still can't get my laptop and theirs to communicate.

• TVSupportMatt
    TVSupportMatt Posts: 90 Staff member ๐Ÿค 

Hello @Lindahelper

I would suggest to not use the TeamViewer Meeting Application, and instead, use the Full Client version on any device that you wish to use to remote into others, and then the Host for any device that is only going to be remoted into

• I will try that approach. Once I download the Host on to my parent's laptop (the one I want to remote into), how do I gain access? Do they have to open up TeamViewer? Do I try to send a link?