Urgent: Legacy Premium License Wrongfully Deactivated - Violation of Purchase Agreement and Consumer

kill2win
kill2win Posts: 9
edited August 9 in Licensing

Dear Teamviewer Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my deep concern and frustration regarding the recent deactivation of my Legacy Premium license, which I have been using reliably for the past decade across multiple platforms and devices.

To my shock and dismay, I was abruptly kicked out of my Desktop application with a message stating that my version is no longer compatible. This sudden change comes after 10 years of successful and uninterrupted usage, and it appears to be a unilateral decision to unbind the sales contract that was in place at the time of purchase.

I want to emphasize that when I acquired this software, it was sold as a perpetual license, not a subscription. The arbitrary deactivation of my license goes against the terms of our original agreement and, importantly, violates The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, which protects consumers from such unilateral changes to product warranties and functionality.

This situation has left me in a difficult position, as I rely on Teamviewer for both personal and professional purposes. The sudden loss of access to a tool I've depended on for a decade is not only inconvenient but also potentially damaging to my work and relationships.

Best Answer

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 901 Senior Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello all,

I appreciate your patience while our teams investigated the issue at hand.

Please know that TeamViewer version 13, along with versions 11 and 12, are still valid and supported licensed versions. TeamViewer has not discontinued nor deactivated any valid purchased licenses. Please also understand that we cannot support licensing, invoices, or other similar issues in the community for security and privacy purposes.

That said, we understand the issue has made it difficult to contact support. If you cannot create a ticket, please PM a moderator in the Community and provide the best email address for contact. A ticket will be created, allowing you to continue the discussion with the appropriate support teams.

Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

Answers

• online1004
    online1004 Posts: 3
    edited August 7

I'm using Teamviewer 13 and 12 versions well, but suddenly I can't get access today because the version is old.

• avijan
    avijan Posts: 3

Dear Teamviewer support team,

Please help us, our account was reset to a free account, we cannot create a ticket or connect to any of our remote computers.

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,687 Moderator

Hi @avijan,

Thank you for visiting the Community!

Can you kindly check the version of TeamViewer software and see if it is the same version of TeamViewer 13 please?

In the case the version is not the same as TeamViewer 13, the previous version of TeamViewer 13 is available for download on the TeamViewer download page.

Keep me update with your case and I hope the information would be helpful!

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • avijan
    avijan Posts: 3

we are using the latest version

• Ying_Q

Hi @kill2win,

We are sorry to hear what happened on your side!

To help us better understand a possible solution, can you kindly share the version of TeamViewer that is running and the license version? We then take a closer look into your case.

Best,

Ying_Q

• Ying_Q

Hi @avijan,

Thank you for getting back to me quickly!

Is it possible in any way to retrieve the license information so then you may activate the license again on your TeamViewer account?

The license activation guides can be found here - License Activation Guides - Overview

Best,

Ying_Q

• kill2win

TeamViewer 13 with Legacy Corp License

• FMS147
    FMS147 Posts: 1

TeamViewer is a dishonest company. They sold me two lifetime licenses (v11 and v12) and now they have cut off my access saying that I have to subscribe to the current version. You are dishonest and irresponsible.

• online1004
    online1004 Posts: 3

I also suddenly can't run the under-15 version of Teamviewer.

• Akacan
    Akacan Posts: 4

I live same trouble too.

They have changed rules while we have lifetime license to monthly rental and don't support upgrade to newer version.

They finally want to bore us and want to throw us out (old version, lifetime license holders). This is not gentlemanly

😡

• Akacan

I live same trouble. My Tv is 13.2 and the remote are same version. But I can't connect any of my remotes. And it doesn't show my license information management console, It shows free accoun.

How this trouble happen?

• Akacan
    edited August 8

See the screen shots

• Same problem here.

• alessandro_italy
    alessandro_italy Posts: 2
    edited August 8

Fortunately that today there are many other offers from other companies not that much for get a lower price but only for the pleasure to can change. i think that the managment in this years are "counting numbers" and the numbers are sayng that drastically on the machines in the world all the technicians are not installing anymore the free version of TV influencing the market on that side…. who works as IT is proposing to their customers what software install and now we are installing other solutions ….
    That's it, question of numbers …
    I remember a time when i were talking with a new customers asking "do you have any software for remote assistance already installed? … ohh yes .. i have teamviewer" , now… the answer that i receive is different.
    IT professional gave the biggest tribute to the diffusion of this software and now we are the first who are penalized, that's not fair dear "investors" ….

• Same problem with lifetime license user, How to fix the problem? I can' t use the useful program.

• kill2win

Dear Teamviewer Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my deep concern and frustration regarding the recent deactivation of my Legacy Premium license, which I have been using reliably for the past decade across multiple platforms and devices.

To my shock and dismay, I was abruptly kicked out of my Desktop application with a message stating that my version is no longer compatible. This sudden change comes after 10 years of successful and uninterrupted usage, and it appears to be a unilateral decision to unbind the sales contract that was in place at the time of purchase.

I want to emphasize that when I acquired this software, it was sold as a perpetual license, not a subscription. The arbitrary deactivation of my license goes against the terms of our original agreement and, importantly, violates The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, which protects consumers from such unilateral changes to product warranties and functionality.

This situation has left me in a difficult position, as I rely on Teamviewer for both personal and professional purposes. The sudden loss of access to a tool I've depended on for a decade is not only inconvenient but also potentially damaging to my work and relationships.

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 901 Senior Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello all,

I appreciate your patience while our teams investigated the issue at hand.

Please know that TeamViewer version 13, along with versions 11 and 12, are still valid and supported licensed versions. TeamViewer has not discontinued nor deactivated any valid purchased licenses. Please also understand that we cannot support licensing, invoices, or other similar issues in the community for security and privacy purposes.

That said, we understand the issue has made it difficult to contact support. If you cannot create a ticket, please PM a moderator in the Community and provide the best email address for contact. A ticket will be created, allowing you to continue the discussion with the appropriate support teams.

Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• kill2win

No Responce No Emails… Nothing! PLEASE RESTORE MY PURCHASE!!!

• kill2win

Dear TeamViewer Community and Support Team,

I'm writing to express my profound disappointment and frustration with the recent events surrounding our Legacy Premium licenses. As a loyal user for over a decade, I find the sudden deactivation of our perpetual licenses not just inconvenient, but a breach of trust and potentially a violation of consumer protection laws.

The lack of clear communication and support regarding this issue is alarming. Many users, myself included, are locked out of a tool we depend on daily, with no recourse or explanation. This silence from TeamViewer is unacceptable and only exacerbates our frustration.

It's becoming increasingly clear that this situation may require outside intervention. Consumer advocates like Louis Rossmann might need to get involved to shed light on these questionable practices. The recent FCC victory against Google for similar anti-consumer behavior sets a precedent that should concern TeamViewer. With scrutiny increasing on tech giants like Apple, Amazon, and Meta, TeamViewer's actions could very well attract unwanted attention from regulatory bodies.

It's disheartening to think that these changes might be motivated by financial pressures, possibly stemming from questionable business decisions like the £235 million Manchester United sponsorship deal. Attempting to offset such losses by effectively nullifying the perpetual licenses of loyal customers is not only unethical but potentially illegal.

We urge TeamViewer to reconsider this decision, reinstate our licenses, and open a transparent dialogue with its Legacy users. It's not too late to make this right and demonstrate that TeamViewer still values customer loyalty and integrity over short-term financial gains.

If this situation isn't resolved promptly and fairly, we may have no choice but to explore other options, including seeking assistance from consumer protection agencies, considering class action measures, or bringing this matter to the attention of relevant regulatory bodies.

TeamViewer, the ball is in your court. Your long-time users are watching, waiting, and prepared to take action if necessary. Please do the right thing and honor your commitments to your loyal customer base.

• TheVineChurch
    TheVineChurch Posts: 2
    edited August 11

Our church purchased a Teamviewer 13 license Corporate license Lifetime verison we have been using it weekly (sometimes every 3 days) to remote access our advertisement screen computer and, other church computers at other locations. And all of a sudden this week we cant access the computers.

1. I keep getting a notfication that our teamviewer isnt up to date and i need to update to 15. But it also also tells me ai need to purchase a new license for the 15 to work.

2. I went to fill out a teamviewer support ticket and it wouldnt let me send a ticket. Instead it takes me to a page labeled :"

Unable to open a support ticket? Here's why.

"

3. i opened the "Management Console. " and "TeamViewer account via the full client

or the web app. " and both of those websites are saying my account is a free account. WHich is not true. I would like to know what is going on. I still have my orgional email form 2019 when the email was changed from one recipent to another. However that email link doesnt seem to be working anymoer for activating my teamviewer 2019 license.,

Your response is greatly apprecated.

Andrew

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• Has anyone been resolved? I got a license activation from the teamviewer but I got a two-week license for the trial version.

• kill2win

NOPE. We are working on a Report on TeamViewer via California Legislation Members to address this issue along with other Consumer Groups.

• same problem here

• SDmitry
    SDmitry Posts: 36

Is there any solution to this issue?
    My license 11 was also disabled