Switching Windows user during remote session kills TeamViewer session

Remote Windows 11 Pro PC running a fresh install of the 64-bit full client (15.57.5). After connecting to the remote PC using the client's Remote Control ID and Password, if I try to "Switch user", I lose the connection to the PC. If I close the remote control window on my end, I cannot reconnect to the remote PC. TeamViewer says the remote PC is not online. A person at the remote end needs to restart TeamViewer and send me a new Password.

The remote PC is using the default TeamViewer settings. I have not had this problem before on other PCs using TeamViewer. Suggestions, please?

Answers

• abbrio21
    abbrio21 Posts: 1
    edited September 14

It sounds like a session handling issue with TeamViewer on Windows 11. Try enabling the "Start TeamViewer with Windows" option on the remote PC to keep the service running after a user switch. Additionally, ensure both your TeamViewer client and remote PC are updated to the latest version. You could also adjust the "Lock on session end" setting under Options > Security to prevent session disconnects. If the issue persists, try reinstalling TeamViewer or checking Windows power/sleep settings on the remote machine.