Unable to receive trusted device emails

Dimestrof
Dimestrof Posts: 1
edited October 1 in Account

Hello!

I've attempted to activate my account several times now, but I have not received the email in order to verify my account/device. Given I need to work with this, please rectify this as soon as possible.

Best Answer

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 1,140 Senior Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi all,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

After investigation, the issue has been fixed. Our team is currently monitoring the results.

Please check out our status page for more information: https://status.teamviewer.com/

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Let us know if you're still having some issues.

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone / French Community Moderator

Answers

• Josyban
    Josyban Posts: 1
    edited September 30

Is this going to be fixed at all? My father cannot get in to his account at all!!!!

• I'm going out of town tomorrow and I've used TeamViewer in the past to control my PC remotely for some basic tasks. It's been a while, though, and my iPhone (11, running 17.5.1) had offloaded the app, so I had to redownload it and sign in again. Except I can't, because I just never get the validation email (yes, I've repeatedly checked my spam folder), so my phone never gets added to my list of trusted devices, so I keep going in circles. Submitting my email on the site's Trusted Device help page does the same thing: absolutely nothing.

• crabby_patty
    crabby_patty Posts: 2
    edited September 30

This is ridiculous! I've tried multiple email addresses and cannot login. I don't have any device where I am logged in. What is going on?????? This is horrible!

I am getting emails from TeamViewer Community about the account I have created to post here, but cannot login to my actual account to use the actual service. :(

• kibade
    kibade Posts: 4
    edited September 30

Same here.

They were extremely slow to arrive yesterday afternoon when I added two new computers, but they eventually did appear after about half an hour. I've been trying to add another new laptop to my list of computers this evening and there's just no sign of any authorization email… I know they were doing scheduled maintenance earlier, but that supposedly finished ~4hrs ago.

• mmnizi
    mmnizi Posts: 1

I'm using the account along with a friend of mine (not this one) but every time he tries to log in it says that he needs to check in his mailbox so his device can be added to 'trusted devices'. I've seen that a lot of people in the community are having this problem so I wanted to see if my account is having a problem as well

• Shamus
    Shamus Posts: 2
    edited September 30

Hi, I'm having the same issue with the verification email, can I seek assistance from here?

• Hello, I am not receiving any emails related to trusted devices when trying to authenticate, I checked spam and inbox and waited for a few hours/days. Can I please get some advice?

Thank you!

Jack

• HungLong
    HungLong Posts: 1
    edited September 30

I can't receive the trusted device confirmation email for the past few days. Is it because the Teamviewer system server is down? Thanks.

• ItsJustRyan
    ItsJustRyan Posts: 1
    edited September 30

I’m trying to login into my account on my phone, which I changed recently. It says i have to trust the device via an email, but never got it after several hours, even in spam and junk folders. What should I do? Thanks!

• Not get an e-mail to any of my or my mother's e-mails to reset the password. Unable to log in either I or my mother. She needs remote help and I never had this problem before. Before you ask, I looked at my spam, promotions, updates, all mail, all over. What could be the issue?

• sfemet
    sfemet Posts: 4

Having all sorts of issues with Teamviewer. I'm a long time free user, only connect to my 97 year old Dad to help him.

I have Teamviewer 15 (free license clearly displayed) on 2 computers, a Mac mini (been installed and updated for years) and a MacBook Air M2 (newer install).

Got a all from Dad yesterday, connected with the MacBook Air. Got timed out after a few minutes. Luckily, I was able to fix his issue before the time out. But it was very strange behavior and will be difficult to manage for future connections.

At 3pm on Sept 28, while trying to add the MacBook Air as a trusted device, no emails were received to verify it. I added Teamviewer.com to my trusted addresses in my spam filter. I must have tried 6 times, before giving up.

I sent a request to reclaim my free account, I understand it takes 72 hours. But if I am not receiving your emails, how will I know what's going on?

Then, overnight, I received an email "Device authorization needed" with the time stamp 9/28/2024at3:01 PM with the message "2024-09-28 22:01:36 UTC
    TeamViewer ID: Management Console

i think that might have been the first attempt to add my device, but it took 12 hours to reach me.

First issue: How can I consistently receive emails from Teamviewer? Is there something you can do? I really need to know when my account has been unlocked.

——
    Once I was able to get into my Teamviewer account, I looked around in the interface.

I noticed in the management console, that I can establish a remote connect through my browser. So, I connected from the MB Air to the Mini to see what happens. It's been 40 minutes and the connection is still working. In fact, I'm typing this message through the connection.
    I don't want to use this method to connect to Dad, the app interface is preferred.

Second issue: Why is the browser connection stable when the app connection is not?

Thank you for your help. I look forward to resolving these issues with you.

• dfabroa
    dfabroa Posts: 1
    edited September 30

Could anyone help me with this issue?

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 1,140 Senior Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi all,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

After investigation, the issue has been fixed. Our team is currently monitoring the results.

Please check out our status page for more information: https://status.teamviewer.com/

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Let us know if you're still having some issues.

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone / French Community Moderator

• sfemet
    sfemet Posts: 4
    edited October 1

First thing I did was to change my email address to a gmail account. I had to wait for a confirmation email.

This morning , I woke to 13 emails from Teamviewer in my old mail account. They were delayed upwards of 8 hours.

in my gmail account was a confirmation of the email address change.

I then established a connection between my two computers using my gmail login and the Teamviewer app. I was logged off after 4 minutes and 30 seconds.

I re-sent another request to reclaim my free account, with my new gmail address and the IDs from both computers. I understand it takes 72 hours to complete the request.

At this point, I can only hope that re-establishing my free account will fix the log-out issue. I do not like using a browser based connection.

I will report back, if I receive any communication about the reclaim request from Teamviewer and retesting.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• NNDev
    NNDev Posts: 1

This might not be 100% solved. I'm trying to bring ~4 devices under management; the first I triggered 2 requests at ~15 minute intervals, and didn't receive any email notifications until I had to perform a 3rd verification to get into this forum, at which point all 3 verification emails came in within a few seconds of one another.