TeamViewer high cpu usage(10-20%) when IDLE

Options
2»

Comments

• TonkleChicken
    TonkleChicken Posts: 1
    Options

This issue has re-appeared again on the latest V15.40.8 update. 😫

My Surface Pro 8 and another Family PC both now have/had this high CPU usage issue (~25%). All are Windows 11 22H2.

The "Disable hardware acceleration" setting does seem to have fixed it, but I am unsure if that has a detrimental effect when I connect to the hosts.

• RickyRicardo
    RickyRicardo Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Yes, the issue reappeared with 15.40.8 , same thing on Ryzen 7 4750G desktop, using 10% CPU doing nothing. I am going to disable automatic updates... The solution for me was to disable hw acceleration, all logging and restarting the service. Please fix it.

• RickyRicardo
    Options

Not solved, it started using CPU again, 8 - 9% while doing nothing. I wish there was an option to reverse to previous version... I'm just going to stop using it for now.

• simplepinoi177
    simplepinoi177 Posts: 1
    Options

Registered my account to the community here just to say this is happening to me too. Very noticeable high cpu usage. I close teamviewer and/or teamviewer service, it is fine for up to 10 minutes, then it is high cpu again. Only started happening in the last update -- I can remember because the icon suddenly is different right when the high cpu usage started happening.

I'm unsure if this relates or not, but this is on a Lenovo Thinkpad T580

• Sreto
    Sreto Posts: 1
    Options

I am having the exact same problem. My Asus laptop goes crazy with fans on max. 25-30% CPU usage.

• TomZ123
    TomZ123 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I also have this problem daily, I use my PC to access my laptop that's in another room.

(Team viewer not running, just.. in bottom right icons)

Then I hear my fans going at 100% CPU at 100%.. (but laptop is not hot) Open task manager and team-viewer is using 30-40% of the CPU but shown twice.

I think this did happen before but since the last update it is now a constant thing. I guess I will try reinstalling the program.

• PatrickMoore
    PatrickMoore Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I am also experiencing CPU usage of 25-30% when Teamviewer is idle - Windows 11 22H2 on a ThinkPad T580.

• rodrigoamds
    rodrigoamds Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I am also experiencing CPU usage of 25-30% when Teamviewer is idle - Windows 10 22H2 on a Dell Inspiron 7559. 😕

• PierreTrancoso
    PierreTrancoso Posts: 1
    Options

It would be really nice if Teamviewer could solve this problem....

Teamviewer always between 20 & 30%

• Paul74
    Paul74 Posts: 1
    edited April 2023
    Options

I use Windows 10 and 11. TeamWiever consumes 20-25% CPU power when idle alone. This ensures permanent loud fan noise. Can anything be done there?

• Leitner
    Leitner Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Options

Uninstall 15.40.8, install 15.39.6 and disable auto-update will "fix" it.

Version 15.41 should fix this permanently. Planned release: 25th April 2023.

Patrick

• Myklj
    Myklj Posts: 1
    Options

Thanks Patrick, looking for ward to the update.

• RickyRicardo
    Options

where can I download 15.39.6? I couldn't find it, just version 14.

• AndreB85
    AndreB85 Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Options

The new version was released and, oh boy, is the new FullClient bad...

The Host however seems to be fine.

For the moment I'd either stay with version 15.39.6 on the FullClient or change the design to the old one. However that's prevented by the "Disable Teamviewer shutdown" policy - so either disable that policy, or force close using TaskManager :)

I'm extremely disappointed, to say the least.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hi all,

Thank you all for your trust and patience.

The high CPU usage has been improved with version 15.41.7.

Could you please update your clients to version 15.41.7 and let us know if you see the improvements on your devices, too?

Thanks a lot in advance for your feedback.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• ccwatson2
    ccwatson2 Posts: 1
    Options

This problem is persisting with version 15.42.7 wiht hardware acceleration disabled on both the source and target computers. Any update on when the high CPU problem will really be resolved?

• AndreB85
    Options

The issue was resolved and seems to have come back.

Thats ridiculous imho. I was so excited when we moved to TeamViewer by the end of last year. But it’s absolutely disgusting how many issues we’ve been facing in that timespan. And now a crucial issue coming back again, (battery drain, performance issues, fans ramping up) really makes me angry!

If this is not getting fixed MUCH FASTER than the last time, we really need to think about taking actions. It’s unacceptable to manage 5500 devices and constantly having issues and enabling/disabling updates every second update…

Hiddious.

• AndreB85
    edited June 2023
    Options

15.42.8 has been released. Unfortunately there's no changelog published yet, so I wonder if this issue has been adressed?

Have you updated already? I'm quite hesitant on reenabling our automatic updates, because rolling back all our clients has been a pain in the **bleep**:) And I can't check it on my end because me personally wasn't effected by the bug.