CAPS LOCK in password field

I am trying to attach a remote PC to my account. I can enter my email normally, but the password field says that CAPS LOCK is on. Toggling at my end makes no difference. Remote user may well have left it on. Tried a few times.

adatherton

Comments

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

Take a look at Shift key not registering...

If you can type normally in the username field, you can ignore the CAPS Lock warning in the password field.

If you're really stuck and ONLY caps are being typed, the link above has a sample script to toggle caps on and off.

If you are stuck at a Windows login and can't type or run a script, you may need someone to press the CAPS key on the remote machine.

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.

• Mobdro Download

@Chiron wrote:

If you can type normally in the username field, you can ignore the CAPS Lock warning in the password field.

If you're really stuck and ONLY caps are being typed, the link above has a sample script to toggle caps on and off.

If you are stuck at a Windows login and can't type or run a script, you may need someone to press the CAPS key on the remote machine.

i hope this solution is good....

• @Chironmobdro wrote:

Thanks for the updates this thread. Appreciated.

• milnerjames
    milnerjames Posts: 1

Such simple errors should not be happening in the system. This is the first time I am hearing about the similar error. Please try to fix this as soon as possible. I think there are many types of tweaks which are assigned with separate functions.

• Martin120
    Martin120 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited February 2023

to toggle the caps-lock on Linux systems just install and use the xdotool on the remote like:

>xdotool key Caps_Lock