My login window is gray on Linux version

angelfw
angelfw Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

I cannot login my local teamviewer app now since the E-mail/password/Sign in button are all grayed out. I encountered this problem on version 13.2.26559, and upgraded to 13.2.75536 now, but the problem still exists.

I've check others' solution for similar problem on this site. The Hyper-V is not the problem since I'm not using Windows. I've also checked the Advanced settings for connections to other computers, it is "Full Access".

Anyone can help me for this issue?

Tagged:

Comments

• angelfw
    angelfw Posts: 2

Just a follow up of my question, the login window is now enabled after three days. 

For some reason, it pops up a message saying the username and password does not match. Then the login window is enabled again. I still don't have a clue what triggered this message. 

• Schorsch
    Schorsch Posts: 1

According to TeamViewer phone support this behaviour is caused by a bug in all versions 13.2.xxxxx, so you have to downgrade to 13.1.8286 (preview), which is the latest version which allows to enter email address and password to sign in and also would not forget this data.

This solved the problem for us.

The downgrade can be performed quite easily in synaptic package manager when having the TeamViewer repository in the apt sources list. Simply select the teamviewer package and call the "Force version..." dialogue from the main menu.

Without the downgrade, a quick workaround is to start the graphical user interface with root permission. This will at least let you enter email address and password to sign in and connect to remote computers. Needless to say that this adds security risks for your data.

Support said that the bug in version 13.2.xxxxx will not be fixed, and their first recommendation was indeed to upgrade to TeamViewer 14 (which has the unattractive subscription license model). Sounds like evil marketing at work.

@angelfw, thanks for your post which I already saw when it was new because of having the same problem. I finally got it solved now and just signed up to this community to share the information. Hope it will serve you and others who want to preserve the value of their TeamViewer 13 license. We had paid for annual maintenance for several years, but every update brought trouble, and for us the disadvantages introduced used to outweigh the improvements.