Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Kylian01
    Kylian01 Posts: 31 ✭✭

i think teamviewer dosnt care anymore for the non commercial users.

• Looks like it.
  • Ezio66
    Ezio66 Posts: 1

Version 14

After about 3 minute the connection remote drop

I try to connect my sister fram my home and after dropping a banner ask me the time is finished you need to buy a license 

Could help me to resolve this issue ?

Regards

• Tweaker
    Tweaker Posts: 8

I just did. Log in, go to edit profile and select ''delete account'' further down.

Make sure you first uninstall from your PC in order to be able to place your comments on the ''why do you want to remove'' page.

• Tweaker

Totally agree. I would have been more fair to be honest about it and announce a stop on free accounts. That would have allowed free users to have the time to install alternatives. Now they just block some people who are depending on it, for example to help out their elderly parents with PC problems....Shame on you Teamviewer!

• Tweaker

You first install the V-server on the PC you want to control. Then, using the account you have set up on ''V'', you log in and allow this PC to be used by the viewers. The PC itself also needs a password in ""V".

On the viewers you use the same log in to install the account, and a password for the PC to be addressed.

• da9el84
    da9el84 Posts: 7 ✭✭

I actually received another form per email to fill out and sign, scan and send back to them. Did anyone else experience that?

Still waiting for about 2 weeks now.... 

I have found alternatives, but teamviewer is still king. 

A reason for teamviewer to keep their private tier alive is for one, that once you get used to using this privately, when you start new companies or get employed, you will probably buy their licens. I know I did the last 2 times I started companies years ago.

Now I just want to provide support to family members and manage my devices as usual, but no dice... 

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

@da9el84 : yep, I did. I've submitted requests for all the TV ids I was connecting to (my computers, my mum's and my brothers). For one I received an email that it has been reset to free (but I don't know which one) and for another one I had to fill the form and never heard from them afterwards... But one day, without doing anything, lo and behold, it was working again!...

• Ant1
    Ant1 Posts: 28

You have to be very careful with dealing with TeamViewer. This company uses some very nasty tactics.

I was using the free version of team viewer for private meetings and just before an important one I was told I had to upgrade to the paid version without warning (I am not a commercial user). The meeting was very important so I had no choice but to pay up.

I then saw that the correct amount was taken out of my account so I didn't bother opening the invoice. That was a big mistake, as in the fine print in the invoice it says that the next year they will automatically renew the license unless 28 days notice is given. They did not mention that in the e-mail. Also, when it came time to renew they did not give any warning about the renewal and their 28 days notice and so suddenly I found hundreds of dollars taken from my account for a product which I no longer use.

When I contacted support and explained that I no longer used TeamViewer their response was that the "invoice cannot be cancelled". That is an incredibly dishonest response. They don't have control over their own finances? 

I have been completely cheated by this company - first to get me in and then with the renewal (which they increased the price on by $100 as well). I have been done for over $1,000 by Teamviewer. My only recourse is consumer affairs and social media. The good news is that I have plenty of time for that. I hope that no-one else gets **bleep** in the way that I have been.

• Ant1

It doesn't care about the commercial ones either

• I had signed up to use the personal version of teamviewer. Somehow, it is saying that I have a commercial version and the free trial has expired. Do I need to delete teamviewer from the affected computer and start over? I have no need for a commercial license.

• airplane-4b7416
    airplane-4b7416 Posts: 12 ✭✭

Hi JackHK,

where is the form to fill????

• JackHK
    JackHK Posts: 86

Fill in the form and wait. Good  luck!

• JackHK
    JackHK Posts: 86

Please remove the programme and re-install. 

• Kylian01

does not work i did thay about 2 months ago no response then after 1 months again still no response looking a bit at this treat you see that almost evry one who fills it out dosnt get to hear anything and are stuck for months with the problem untill they just use alternatives

• suptom
    suptom Posts: 1

I use Team Viewer for education. Why do I have a message?
    Your license has a maximum session duration.

In a non-commercial version, it should not appear.

• Hi,

I have filled in the webform requesting resetting to home use three times now and made one call to support. Apparently these are meant to be sorted in a week. The first request was over a month ago and I haven't heard anything back. The agent said there was no record of anything being sent.

Can somebody confirm whether TV sends an email acknowledging receipt of a request to reset an account to home use?

Thanks,

CK

• erezyafee
    erezyafee Posts: 1

Everyone who really non-commercial, use the link above.

• Kylian01

You have to fill out a form and send it to teamviewer but for some reason they do not seem to care about personal users anymore by just not responding to them for months

• Ant1

I strongly advise you not to move to the paid version. These guys are not to be trusted with your money. I moved to a paid subscription 12 months ago when they did this to me even though I was a provate used. They snuck in a condition buried at the bottom of the invoice that it would be automatically renewedk unless I gave 28 days notice. I had stopped using the product but suddenly found an increased subscription fee taken out of my bank account a year later even though I had not given specific permission for this to occur. When I approached them about this, they basically told me to get lost. Even when I tried to get them to not renew for next year it was a big problem.

TeamViewer is like Hotel California - once you sign up you can never leave.

If you are just using it for meetings there are other free products. I moved to one a while ago and also had fewer connection problems with it. 

• Ant1

It is intended to get you to move to the paid version. Don't do it. I did and then got tricked into renewing because of their onerous and concealled renewal practices. They took my money even though I was no longer using the product and refused to refund. 

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

@Ant1 : it's not even that, but the price is adapted for a company, but not for a private user. I've said it before and I say it again: I have no problem paying to use TV even if it's for my personal use, as I've done for several other software which gave me a perpetual license for a fair price. I've become the advocate for these and I support them and recommend them every chance I've got.

• da9el84

I can get behind that. But the price they are asking for a license, just for private use, is ridiculous. Ask 10USD for a license for private use and set some limits (Max 20 different connection IDs per month or something like that).
    I would pay that, and I am pretty sure a lot of other people would too...

• Ant1

Yep. It is very expensive for a private user. I was using it for a couple of times a week and it cost me nearly as much as my Microsoft Office subscription.

My view is that they are free to charge what they like and users are free to reject it. What upset me is the way that people are coreced into using it in the first place as they are given no warning that the private use version will no longer work and may not have time to find an alternative so just pay.

Then once you are in they don't tell you that they will keep taking money out of your account in the e-mail that you send - that is hidden at the bottom of the invoice which many people won't open and if they do they may not see. This strategy is obviously designed to extract money from unsuspecting customers for no service. and is deeply unethical. I hope you won't continue to support a company that behaves in this way.

As for me, I accept my money is gone and that there is little that I can do about getting it back. However, I am retired and have lots of time on my hands so I can take the time to warn others of their behaviour.  

• da9el84

Where I come from, you could contact your bank and say you didn't authorize another payment and have them dispute the claim. I would do that if I were you and if it's possible where you are from :)

• Ant1

But if they charged USD10 for 20 connections per month and they wouldn't have been able to **bleep** me for about a hundred times that figure as I would have been within the limit

• da9el84

Yeah I know. But if they did that, the would have a happy customer, who would recommend their software to others as price/functionality is superior to all other alternatives.

Come on teamviewer, give the people what they want :D

• Ant1

Yeah. I am considering doing that but it is difficult because the bank account is in Australia and I am living in China (of course they charged me the Australian rate because it is twice as high as in China). It also seems clear that TeamViewer set this up as a deliberate strategy to extract money that they are not morally entitled to and have covered their bases legally in the fine print. 

Actually, I think I will need to cancel my credit card and get a new one to stop them taking more money next year. I have already asked them to not renew five times and they still have not provided a clear e-mail saying they will not take money again next year. 

• Ant1

Absolutely right. However, my experience implies the only thing that TeamViewer cares about is extracting money from people and they have no qualms about behaving unethically.