Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Gadget
    Gadget Posts: 1

TeamViewer writes me that commercial use is detected. I'm just trying to connect to my home PC to fix the file and send it by mail. This is not a commercial use! How to unblock an account?

• Hi,.Can some one explain to me... 

I have 4 PC in my connection. 

* DAD PC ( so i can maintain theirs PC-s )

*MY OWN Laptop ( i carry him all the time aroun so i could have access to all)

*MY WORK PC (so i can transfer data betwean work @ work and work @ home )

*and i've add PC for my colegues so i can maintain their PC ( since they are not so good with PC usage)

** And TW on mobile phone ( i dont know does it counts)

And after two month of usage i've get blocked with message that i use TW in Commecial usage... Why is that and how to take care of it? 

Best Regards, 

Vanja

• NickB
    NickB Posts: 9

Hi @VanjaGoPlay, since you are transfering work files between two machines then I think that TV are viewing this as commercial usage, which doesn't seem unreasonable to me.  I think that the only options you have are to buy a commercial TV license or use an alternative product (of which there are several that are very good).

Many people, myself included, were only using TV to help friends and family with computer issues or to connect to a home PC from a mobile device whilst away from home (and not in an office).  To me, this isn't in any way commercial, but TV seem to be indiscriminately flagging people as commercial users in order to get them to stop using their software/services.  Why they can't just say "we are no longer offering a free personal use licence, you can sign up for a 30 day trial but after that you much purchase a full license" is beyond me.

• Those files are work effort if im on the field and not in office to wrote it. 

Mostly those are word files once or twice during month. If we are toalking about transfering files... All other options that i'm using are remote control to check work e-mail. Opening browser .... mostly remote controle.... 

It's funny since all those data are above 5$ on month so it is silly to buy a commercial licence. and to be honest i have no income on doing all this. 

But let it be... 

Ill try to find another program similar to this.

Thanks for your view and view of others members.

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

@VanjaGoPlay : in your specific case, I think that the issue is using TW on your Work PC (even if you don't use it for work). For them just detecting a PC in a work environment is enough (and I think this is in the EULA, it's commercial, not personal). I used to do this as well, but not anymore.

• g4ugm
    g4ugm Posts: 10 ✭✭

Firstly, it seems to me that much abuse is ,made of personal use licences. I remember the fights I had as an IT support person managing software in a local goverment organization, For example the staff wanted Google Earth installing, which at the time required a licence for business use. They would argue it wasn't for business use, which of course it was. Later we found some one using Irfan View commercially, which again ifor free is personal use only. In that case we were fined and had to pay a large sum of money. So I can see why they are trying to detect business use. I would also say this is hard, and its not suprising some are wrongly marked as such..

Secondly having followed the procedure and having had my account unlocked, it seems to me that they do care about personall users. It did take a couple of weeks, but it was unlcoked. 

Lastly I would be prepared to pay something towards using this software,  but even the one seat licence is rather more than I can afford. To put it into perspective its about five times what I pay for Office 365 Family Edition which gives me five copies of Office, 5 x 1TB of cloud storage and a Skype Out credit for calls to landlines in many countries....

.. even for small commercial users this is high price so perhaps the temptation to cheat is great and sadly honest users get caught up in the cross fire. 

Dave 

• I completely agree with you, well said.

What is possibly the worst thing is that astoundingly there is absolutely NO WAY to talk to TeamViewer. Not even a general contact form.

This is my most frustrating gripe that is seriously considering making me completley ditch TeamViewer, which is not the way they should be treating their users, free or premium.

They wouldn't have the company they have today without their free users, so deciding to turn their backs on them is completely unjust.

So far I've created several tickets, even tried to complete a sales form to generate a response, and I've had nothing at all, not even an acknowledgement. I think there is something seriously wrong with their company practises.

If anyone does have a valid email address for support, enquiries, sales anything... it would be greatly appreciated!

• this could be the problem, you have point. ill try to delete work PC and see how does it behave. 

• pv7721

@VanjaGoPlay : I'm afraid it won't be enough: you'll need to fill the form for each TV ID of each computer

• Tomer2
    Tomer2 Posts: 1

hi

i'm using TeamViewer more then  5 years

never had a problem

in the last couple  month the session end's after 1 min

I'm a privet person and I'm using TeamViewer for waching my kids when thry are using the internet.

there is any way to make alonger session?

Tomer 

• alarlill
    alarlill Posts: 1

On 2019-05-18 - Teamviewer decided that "Commercial Use Detected" and I was not able to loge in to remote PCs anymore... Well I could log in but only for maybe 30-60 seconds before kicked out. Have opened a ticket, no response. Send multiple emails to sales@ emails... no replies. So looks like this "lets ignore (free) customers" in an ongoing thing for TeamViewer also in 2019. :(

• Solution is from the big-gee company. "Silver/Shiny" remote desktop.

• So it happens again and again. My account gets "commercial" tag, so i can't connect to my home PC from one of my two personal laptops. I send a message to support, a few days later my account has no restrictions and all is fine, but then when i change connection from one laptop to another i got "commercial" tag AGAIN AND AGAIN. Trird or maybe four time this year!

Can you do (or me) something to avoid it again?

• T1ER
    T1ER Posts: 1

Why I have "commercial" mark?
    I'm using your app to connect to my laptops. Yes, I have three computer on my account, but it don't make me commercial user. Or it is illegal now?

@Esther can you answer?

• Jonarosen
    Jonarosen Posts: 1

Using Windows 7 (local pc) and Windows 10 (Remote pc)

I have Teamviewer open, logged in, and remote PC is set for password-use. 

I click 'Remote Control using password'.

It tries to connect: succeeds

Tries Authentication: succeeds

Tries to connect: I see

Initiating session
    Initializing display parameters

Then after about 5 minutes, give or take... it closes, giving the 'thank you for playing fair'.

No error, no nothing. Just the usual pop-up blurb that is associated with timeout of session.

• WebGhost
    WebGhost Posts: 1

I keep getting "Connection blocked after timeout" followed by " Your license limits the maximum ..."

how can I extend it also I'm using it for personal use... just to connect to my pc back at home to back up files or help my family out with simple tasks etc... 

• koloskoff
    koloskoff Posts: 2

I have the same problem, system tell's me that i use it for commercial use. But i use only for my self between my lop top and home PC.

how can i resolve it?

• koloskoff
    koloskoff Posts: 2

i'vw marked FREE, but blocking session after 2 mins of use...

what happened? using only for personal use...

• treptowers
    treptowers Posts: 18 ✭✭

My Account was again marked as "Commercial" . I Do not use it commercial !!!! 

• tom10271
    tom10271 Posts: 2

Thank you for your information that TV will not reply even waited for 2 months. It is time to switch. Good bye TV and thanks for the time we had, it was great, until I got blocked from accessing my home computer anymore

• g4ugm
    g4ugm Posts: 10 ✭✭

I got a reply and had my account fixed. How did you ask?

@tom10271 wrote:

Thank you for your information that TV will not reply even waited for 2 months. It is time to switch. Good bye TV and thanks for the time we had, it was great, until I got blocked from accessing my home computer anymore

• tom10271
    tom10271 Posts: 2

t blocked today and contacted them. Yet I will switch to other options today.

• Thavreach
    Thavreach Posts: 1
    Happened to me as well, switching to **Third Party Product** now.
  • Hillsey
    Hillsey Posts: 1

Sad to see my TeamViewer no longer works. I continuously get a message that I'm using the service for commercial use when I'm not.

I've used this service to share images with friends. I see that you now automatically see any log in from Windows servers as commercial which is why I'm having issues.

Time to look for a new service as this no longer works for me.

• treptowers
    treptowers Posts: 18 ✭✭

Does anyone received a Mail ( Ticket ) from TV ? I contaced them yesterday but have no Mail received....

• pv7721

Waiting time it's not counted in days, more like in weeks or months.

• LNDN91
    LNDN91 Posts: 1

I used teamviewer for the first time in months to try and connect to my GF's pc and it blocks me immediatly after a timeout after updating. I HAD REQUESTED TO UNBLOCK ME ALREADY but yet you failed to even reply to my mail. ******...

• L1nkside
    L1nkside Posts: 1

Hello, 

im just using Teamviewer to connect to my own PC or a Buddys PC.
    Now, after a session to my own PC, Teamviewer told me that my 7-day just started.
    Is there a way to get the "free" license back?

Thanks in Advance,
    Fabian

• jonairey
    jonairey Posts: 1

I'm getting the same too. Please help and reset my account. Thanks