Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• gbtota
    gbtota Posts: 1

TeamViwer has a stupid and inaccurate mechanisms for detection of commercial use. They basically look up your external IP to see if its in "residential" space. If you use VPN or have a business connection of any kind it will automatically think you use it for business. Its pretty idiotic way of detecting; and only creates user friction. [removed per Community Guidelines]

This product will die since its not user friendly; they are hurting themselves by creating user problems or whats already a buggy product. 

• I am being accused of commercial use and it is not so please hrlp me 

• IgorZ
    IgorZ Posts: 5

I wrote about the Teamviewer Host v14. He does not know how to find an Internet connection when it is for all other programs. And this is only for Teamviewer Host v14.bad TV.png

• accidently installed on commercial ...how do I revert to personal use

• Nizar
    Nizar Posts: 1

Hi,

I got flagged for using my account for commectial use. I need some clarification before i sign the Form they sent me so i do not get myself blocked. Forever.

This is what i have in my TeamViewer account:

Win10-A (My home machine)
    Win10-B (Brothers machine)
    Win10-C (Father)
    Win10-D (Plex/Media)
    Win10-E (Virtual machines host)
    Win2k12r2-F (Virtual machine)
    Win10-G (another brother work laptop)

From what i understand is i have to remove the Win2k12r2 machine which is not a problem, its just a test VM i play with from time to time.

Other machines should be fine too for the free version.

My question is regarding Win10-G, it runs on one of my brother's work laptops in his office, he has a small company with 4 offices.
    The laptop is part of a domain.
    I do not work there and i am not providing paid support or anything for him, i just log in to his laptop whenever he has an issue or wants to show me something.

So do I have to remove this Win10-G device?

Also, if i remove the Win2k12r2 and Win10-G device, should i sign the form comfortably and be able to use the free license?

Thank you in advance!

• Steve-in-FL
    Steve-in-FL Posts: 27 ✭✭

@Nizar wrote:

Win10-A (My home machine)
    Win10-B (Brothers machine)
    Win10-C (Father)
    Win10-D (Plex/Media)
    Win10-E (Virtual machines host)
    Win2k12r2-F (Virtual machine)
    Win10-G (another brother work laptop)

From what i understand is i have to remove the Win2k12r2 machine which is not a problem, its just a test VM i play with from time to time.

My question is regarding Win10-G, it runs on one of my brother's work laptops in his office, he has a small company with 4 offices.
    The laptop is part of a domain.

So do I have to remove this Win10-G device?

Also, if i remove the Win2k12r2 and Win10-G device, should i sign the form comfortably and be able to use the free license?

From all that I have been reading, and without reviewing all of the official documents, I would say that both of those machines have to be removed. It has been quoted by others that any machine used in a commercial environment (an office) is considered commercial, no matter its function. And servers are considered commercial.

I don't agree that these rules are well thought out - they eliminate "friends and family" just because of where a machine happens to sit and they eliminate hobby computing (playing with servers or virtual machines) -  but they are the rules and we have to follow them to use a free product.

I would sign the form and get on with life. If we are all wrong in our interpretations about the rules, you only risk being blocked. It's not the end of the world. Just my opinion.

• My laptop was flagged by TeamViewer as possibly being used by commercial use.
    1.) I submitted the proper form explaining what I use TeamViewer for.
    2.) TeamViewer reviewed this and reset it back to free.
    3.) I got an email from TeamViewer stating:
    -------------------
    Dear TeamViewer User,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer ID has been reset to “free”. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as “personal”.
    -------------------
    However, after uninstalling/reinstalling via the "free option", rebooting several times, it still showed "Trial expired" on that laptop. I had to have my wife get on that computer and extend the trial just so I could get on today. How can I get this resolved? I feel like I provided proof via the appropriate channels and now I am getting actually upset over this and I shouldn't be.

Note: I do see a similar topic and put a sales ticket in, is there anything else I need to try and do?

• IgorZ
    IgorZ Posts: 5

There is news, teamviewer host on rasspberry pi works ONLY when an external HDMI device is connected. Without an HDMI device, teamviewer host cannot find the connection to the Internet. Interestingly, the teamviewer host developers know about this problem? :)))

• I had the same thing happen to me. I submitted the form initially in early August, then a month later and then a month after that. Absolutely no response either YES or NO.

I use the product 100% for personal use for family use (grandparents primarily), and sometimes to access other computers within the house on the same LAN.

TV's lack of response and supposed "free personal use" has become a scam. If I don't hear back in a week or so, I'm moving to an alternative product.

• Although I can appreciate an answer to my issue more than likely being in this thread, I don't have time to sift through all of them to try and find it. 

Can someone please explain to me why I have been getting the following message and how to get rid of this issue:

Why do I see 'Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected'

I am using TeamViewer for personal use (no financial gain, no commercial usage) and I have recently begun to get these messages.

Please advise.

Thanks.

H Rose Jr
  • Hello,

I have two computers. One desktop and a laptop. Yesterday I tried to remotely connect to my desktop but was given an error saying that commercial use has been detected. The exact warning, "This app seems to be used in commercial environments. Your session will end within 5 minutes."

I don't understand. I'm not a systems admin running multiple machines. How can I fix this?

• I am having the exact same problem. I am just using TeamViewer to communicate between my home desktop and my personal laptop. And TeamViewer won't even let me submit a support ticket -- every time I click on "Contact Support" it just takes me to the community forums. I guess they really don't want our business?

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,549 Moderator

Hi @gideonse and @BenDice,

Thank you for you message.

If you think TeamViewer has mistakely marked your device usage and you would like to reset your TeamViewer ID, please fill in the form for reset request.

If you are interested in purchasing TeamViewer license, feel free to contact TeamViewer sales team for more information please.

Hope the information above will be helpful to you.

Regards

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • SOLUTION SOLVED:   Here is a product that is FREE and works just like Teamviewer.   I too had problems and was using commercial/personal but now the company is closed and out of business.   I went back to the free version to take care of my 2 daughters and wife.   They locked my computer.  I've been a normal customer for 12 years, **beep** this company!!!!

***removed per our User Guidelines***

• I am deployed again and use TV regularly to check on and update my media server back home in the US.  Recently I was greeted with a message that either I (this computer), or my remote partner (home computer) is utilizing TV commercially.  This is far from the truth.  I opened a ticket earlier before this community stuff became forced and even received an email that my account was unlocked.  However I am still receiving the same limitations that I can only access TV for 60 seconds every ten minutes.  How do I get in contact with TV to alert someone that their software is wrong in it's belief that I am using the software commercially when it is just a connection between this computer and the one at home, and how do I get it unlocked?  I am stuck in the water because I put my faith in TV to not let me down.

• dieppy
    dieppy Posts: 1

I use my phone to control my home computer to control the game I playing to start repairing and stuff like that don't know what make it a commercial use.

• techlover
    techlover Posts: 2 ✭✭

I've filled out the form twice. Twice it was approved and my license changed back to free. But each workstation I use still cuts off after five minutes (more like 2 minutes). I've uninstalled every copy on every machine and restarted. Each copy says it's the FREE version but I'm still getting this restriction. PLEASE resolve this issue for me finally. I only use it to access my home PC's for general maintenance. One is a media server I don't have a monitor and keyboard connected to so I NEED to remote access it. I've been limping by using Chromes **bleep** remote access which BARELY works. PLEASE PLEASE make my Teamviewer free again like you guys said you did...TWICE!

Thanks,

Damian

• Hi

Anyway to resolve this ?

Thanks

David Blouin

• Same here, how can i open a ticket?

• Steve-in-FL
    Steve-in-FL Posts: 27 ✭✭

@Kuronabu wrote:

Same here, how can i open a ticket?

No ticket. Fill in this form:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

They will not likely write back to you - they will either unblock you or, as some people have seen, not. If not, they might write to you with a request for another form, which they will send you. My personal experience is that of the 13 IDs I have, 12 were reset with the first form (above). The 13th ID, for whatever reason (it was on the same LAN as 6 of the other IDs) did not get reset. They sent me the second form and that got the 13th ID unblocked.

Note that you have to submit the first form for each ID you have. Each TeamViewer transaction has two sides, each of which has an associated ID. So you have to sebmit a separate form for each ID. On each form I submitted, I listed all the other IDs and what they were used for.

For me, the process worked. For some others, it did not. What has frustrated a lot of people is the lack of communication by TeamViewer, the inconsistency and seeming arbitrary nature of the blocking.

Read this page for general information about this situation:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-use-detected/ta-p/5265

Their official explanation for what is private vs what is commercial is:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-exactly-is-quot-personal-use-quot-defined/ta-p/4712

Good luck.

• JohnAF
    JohnAF Posts: 2 ✭✭

TeamViewer's recent draconian changes (flagging us as "commercial users", accusing us of being cheaters) feel very mean-spirited for us retired people, living on our social security retirement incomes, trying to help our families and friends by sharing our technical experience.
    My guess is that they would find a lot more "Free" users could afford to help them stay financially solvent if they offered a less expensive non-commercial annual fee.
    It appears that they've also made Signing in, with our valid username and password, to both the TeamViewer Management Console and the TeamViewer Community impossible. Multiple CAPTCHA's, then claiming they've "sent a confirmation email", which is NEVER sent (yes, I have checked my JUNK or SPAM folder). I am only able to sign in from one of my browsers on ONE of my machines.
    Please let your users know what you are doing!
    If you are trying to get your "Free" users to go away, just tell us!

• i just got flagged too. rather annoying, but their algorithm must of changed again. if all is the same, all we have to do is email customer support and tell them we're not commercial. then we have to supply proof (log files) and done.. this has happened to me many times and although it's annoying, it is a free service, and the most annoying thing is that hackers and exploiters use this tool too and stopping them is hard without proper feedback :)

• I have the issue of being commercialy suspected. I use teasmviewer 14 on 3 household computers,all of which are only used for gaming and video sharing. I am thinking I have been flagged due to windows10 being set to "workgroup" . All of the computers are dualboot with windows and linux/ubuntu, and windows 10 is the only one that gets flagged as commercial use, and any computer that connects to the win10 computer get flagged as well. As isaid win10 is set to "workgroup" because microsoft removed the option to have computers set to "homegroup". When I boot into linux there is no issue using the same machine to do the same things. So is there any work around to this? or are  windows users out of luck

• AkiO
    AkiO Posts: 1

Hello,

my name is Petr Hanousek, I work in Slot Group a. s. company. We used licenced account for this company, used 10 and 13 verzion of TW.

Team Viewer use with [personal information removed] for company.

But I also use Team viewer for personal use. With email [personal information removed] from different pc, but on same Ip address. On company network. 

Please unblock my personal account, becouse I use it for conect to my home pc.

Not for working. I had this problem in the past. And TW support unblocked my account.

Thank you so much

Wirth best regards

Petr Hanousek

• Sevcik
    Sevcik Posts: 1

To what email address to send the document?

• KC9LZI
    KC9LZI Posts: 1
    Me too!
    This may be a tactic to get more paying customers.
  • mikee
    mikee Posts: 21 ✭✭

I just got the same thing on another computer. This is a computer at work, which may be why it shows commercial use. However I almost never use this computer and only to connect to home or family if needed.. Its not even set up for remote access. It says connections are limited to 5 minutes, but in reality the coneection drops in 5 seconds or less and then blocks for 15 minutes. My mom just called with computer problem, but I cannot help, at least not with teamviewer.

This is the the second commercial use suspected for me this month. Looks like TV really wants to loose some users.

• jelabarre59
    jelabarre59 Posts: 25 ✭✭

@Ying_Q wrote:

Hi @gideonse and @BenDice,

Thank you for you message.

If you think TeamViewer has mistakely marked your device usage and you would like to reset your TeamViewer ID, please fill in the form for reset request.

Your "Reset Form" is BROKEN though.  It has been broken for WEEKS now.  And no one at TV seems willing and/or ABLE to fix the problem.

You know, it may be "free" users having all these issues, but if the program, and it's so-called "support" structure is so broken, does not encourage people to buy a subscription for whatever extra/bonus features it might give us.

• +1 to jelabarre59

I was on the fence about being a sub, and this just turned me  off completely. Not a good look at all. 

• BWG
    BWG Posts: 1
    Thank you. Just curious, what do you base this decision to flag peoples accounts on? I'm concerned that my privacy is being violated.