Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Ingrid_Pellegrini
    Ingrid_Pellegrini Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have a free user license in order to help my parents with occasional PC items, etc. It used to work OK, but now it kicks me off after 10 sec? It then says that I can reconnect after 16 min or I can update to the latest version. I already have the latest one.

I don't use TeamViewer commercially, so what is the issue and how do I solve it?

• Ingrid_Pellegrini
    Ingrid_Pellegrini Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same thing happened to me. Can't help my 88 year old dad to get medications. BAD!

• Trueaggie
    Trueaggie Posts: 1

I'm done with TeamViewer. Whatever algorithm they chose to weed out the commercial users is broken. I'm not sending in a bunch of personal information when it's pretty clear that 2 PCs and a phone are not commercial. Once again a good product gets corrupted by corporate bureaucrats.

• a7upspot
    a7upspot Posts: 1

I submitted the PDF requesting that my FREE license be reinstated June 1st, as it was incorrectly flagged for commercial use. How long does it take Teamviewer to reset the FREE license?

• dkc1959
    dkc1959 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Yep Teamviewer's broken for me again too ... been working fine for ages, but now disconnects after 60 seconds with the commercial use message. Trying to support elderly parents that I can't visit physically due to COVID lockdown ...

I've done the Teamviewer webform days ago ... no response yet

• Lumbeeboy22
    Lumbeeboy22 Posts: 1

help

• powder888
    powder888 Posts: 2 ✭✭

All of a sudden, my sessions are automatically closed after a minute. Why did this start happening?

Prior to this (before the most recently software update), whenever I switched apps, it would also force close my session but at least I was able to fix things before getting booted out.

• htfiddler
    htfiddler Posts: 0

A retired computer engineer friend has been working with me over Teamviewer for over a year. He is writing a program for my personal use. Neither me nor my programmer friend have any intention to sell this software. In the last few months we have had some problems making the connection from his computer to mine, but somehow we got around them. Yesterday however, he made a half dozen connections, only to be thrown off after only 30 to 60 seconds. Teamviewer then shows him a message, "It looks like you are using teamviewer for commercial use", and wants us to pay $50/month to continue. We do not understand why. How can we continue to use Teamviewer for personal use?

• KenInOz
    KenInOz Posts: 1

Since latest update, my sessions keep timing out (personal licience) I used teamviewer for home and friends connections, but now it is useless, can't keep a connection open for longer than 15-30 seconds

• psoares78
    psoares78 Posts: 0

Why after years of personal use now I have been blocked because you are stating that I have a commercial usage.

Why???

• Imax
    Imax Posts: 5 ✭✭

I have the same problem, 

The first messages says: 

Sponsored session

This was a free session sponsored by vmw.teamviewer.com.

TeamViewer sessions are free of charge for personal use.

We thank you for playing fair!

Buy license

The second message says: 

Unable to connect

Connection blocked after timeout.

Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate

reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license.

Connections to this partner will be blocked until 12:59.

More info

• Imax

I got the first message says: 

Sponsored session

Buy license -------------------------------

The second message says: 

Unable to connect

More info -------------

I can not use it for personal use any more ?!!!!!

• Imax

I am not able to use TeamViewer. it connects the first time for 30 second, then gived the following 2 error messages:

-----

The first messages say: 

Sponsored session

Buy license

-----

The second message says: 

Unable to connect

More info

-----

Please help.

• I've been using TeamViewer since April and now I don't have remote access to the computers I'm using to do my thesis work.

I really need remote access because I am finishing my work that I should have ready soon.

Why after months of personal use have I been blocked because you claim that I have a commercial use?

I hope this problem has a solution

regards

• Madsumo
    Madsumo Posts: 1

For many years I have used the free personal plan to remote control my 83 year old mother's laptop and desktop computers. She is a very nervous user and so I quite often need to connect to show her how to do something or update a driver / application.

Over the last few months, I have been having trouble making a remote connection worthy of being able to actually do something.

Today I managed, eventually, to connect and then about 30 - 45 seconds later it disconnected saying the session had timed out. So I tried again and got message saying I had exceeded the number of reconnections and had to wait for a certain time, usually 2 or 3 minutes later, before I could try again. This I did and then it immediately failed giving same error but now with a new time 2 - 3 minutes later.

This last time I left it 5 mins, it reconnected and then 15 - 45 seconds later it disconnected giving same reason.

My mother is old and I am the only person who can help but being 200+ miles away cannot just pop around or spend hours on a phone trying to tell her what to do.

Please let me know if you are no longer able to offer a free license that actually works without errors or timeouts.

I prefer your solution but if you cannot guarantee issue free access I will be forced to look for something else.

Thanks

Mark

• Imax

Why we can not see any comment or answer to the questions posted. It is useless to find only the questions :(

• MTJK
    MTJK Posts: 4 ✭✭

This same thing is happening to me. I access my computer at my brother's home. And it disconnects me within 1 minute and gives the same message. I believe Teamviewer has tagged me as a commercial account so I will upgrade to one of their pay plans. Is there any help that can be provided so Teamviewer can once again recognize me as a personal use account?

• netkorszak
    netkorszak Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited June 2021

You guys cannot use TV, as it's not free. It's not free for personal usage as well, only if you are paying for them as business.

You should use other service like"Third Party Product", which are free to use. Do not use TeamViewer. I liked TV, but it's getting sick of getting messages and limitations.[removed per Community Guidelines]

TeamViewer advertises themself to free to use for personal, but it is just a scam from them. I will uninstall this service, and use other remote desktop application.

Cheers.

• netkorszak
    netkorszak Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited June 2021

Everyone should use other services, like "Third Party Product". TV is just not for free usage.I am uninstalling this application and use some other, more powerfull service, which is not this applied with this company.

Regards

• RickyJ
    RickyJ Posts: 1

I'm also having this problem but the second message for me is simply "Your teamviewer session has time out and will be closed", like it usually says after about an hour of use.

• Saifnz
    Saifnz Posts: 1

Hi

Connection keeps timing out after less than a min and will not reconnect

every time I try to reconnect it pushes it further. it really annoying

• MTJK

Same thing happening to me. This must be a scam to get us to purchase the product.

• Brycey92
    Brycey92 Posts: 1

Hi,

I use Teamviewer for personal use, but for the past couple of months, I've received "Connection blocked after timeout" errors briefly after connecting to my computers, or my friends' and families' computers. After that, I can no longer connect to the computer I was remotely controlling when the error appeared.

Can someone please help?

• N_JUMP
    N_JUMP Posts: 1

I use TeamViewer to help a friend and get disconnected after a few seconds. After that I'm not longer able to connect as I get a message indicating that TeamViewer is being used in a commercial environment (non personal use). That is not the case.

• I can't connect to my friend... says I'm doing commercial... but I'm not!

• KennyM
    KennyM Posts: 1

Is this a known issue and is it being addressed?

• floblo
    floblo Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi

Teamviewer keeps timing my session out and locking me out of my accounts. I can't access any of my devices anymore remotely, which is a pain in the bottom.

I use Teamviewer purely for personal use. I just have a lot of devices, from Android phones to PC's (deskop and laptops). It has been a life safer but now I can't use it anymore.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks

• floblo
    floblo Posts: 2 ✭✭

I found a post that users can access to request a reset of their account when commercial use is detected

• MTJK

where? link?

• Pete_vanders
    Pete_vanders Posts: 1

Gday

I have enjoyed using teamviewer for awhile now helping my family and controlling my home server from anywhere using my laptop. Tonight i went to help my son print something by jumping on his laptop and i got thrown off the connection and then i could not reconnect. I did a little bit of google doctoring and it seems maybe my laptop has restricted because it detected i may have using the free license outside of the guidelines. which isnt the case I was just using my works corporate network for internet access. I dont know how to resolve this issue?