Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• jphilippa
    jphilippa Posts: 38 ✭✭

One remote PC that I have accessed often through the years to offer help to, is now timing me out after 30 secs - and then I am blocked from re-connecting for a period. Another PC, almost as far away, presents NO restrictions. How can I restore unrestricted access to the 'first' mentioned ?

• DaveS963FM
    DaveS963FM Posts: 9 ✭✭

I have tried to find an email address for support, trying to find out if my Teamviewer account will be reset? It has been a number of days now, whereas the from I submitted stated that the response would be in two business days.

can anyone supply me with a support email address please?

thank you.

• belizejackie
    belizejackie Posts: 1

how can i fix that ?

it kicked me out in 30sec

im using it for personal use only !

• ahboy
    ahboy Posts: 6 ✭✭

I am a private user. But teamviewer suspect i am a commerce user. What shall i do to get back free use?

• AdamBN
    AdamBN Posts: 3 ✭✭

so everyone has the same issue for months. TEAMVIEWER ARE YOU LISTENING, DO YOU CARE. WHY DO YOU THINK ANYONE WOULD PAY FOR COMMERCIAL LICENSE WITH THIS KIND OF SUPPORT!!!!!

• Brad_Li_2300
    Brad_Li_2300 Posts: 1

Hey guys,

So I've been using team viewer for academic work on a student research project at university and its been fine for several months previously. However, I've come on again recently and gotten the notification:

"We are sorry for the interruption. Your connection has been blocked because of very high activity level suggesting professional use. Please subscribe to license plan to continue the usage."

I have tried going online to look for a way to contest my case but could not find anything useful. Is there anywhere I can go to deal with this?

• mond259
    mond259 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have been using team viewer for years on the free version. I only use it about once a fortnight at most for about 15 min to monitor the family media computer remotely. I dont need anything fancy and it just works.

However over the last month it has been totally unusable and it has kicked me off after 30 sec and doesn't allow me to go back. It says i use it for commercial use which is obviously not the case.

What is going on? do i need to find another product now?

• thedaviddias
    thedaviddias Posts: 1

Apparently, you are not the only one. It happened to me too.

I'm in Canada and for the past year, I've been helping my parents in France with their Android devices. Now, I'm getting the same popup that tells me that I'm using it for commercial purposes.

The 5 minutes are actually less than a minute, which makes me think they have a serious bug on their side...

• Powerover999
    Powerover999 Posts: 1

I have a free account for over 10 years, it recently started kicking me out after a minute.

How can I fix that, I use it only on my personal computer

• HerbJR
    HerbJR Posts: 3 ✭✭

Is there a moderator/monitor for this blog that can answer the question as to: Why does the Teamviewer SERVER NOT ALLOW a FoRM submission to the NON_COMMERCIAL authorities without giving an UNKNOWN ERROR and then logging out the session without success, then when try again later the FORM is stilll awaiting SUBMiSsioN but will not SubMIT without LOOP of same problem ongoing over & over. How does one start the FORM process OVER AGAIN from the beginning ???

Thank You - HerbJR

• gordon861
    gordon861 Posts: 7 ✭✭

The 'two working days' to clear mis-classification of accounts seems to be being stretched right now, I assume it's Covid related but submitted my form last weekend and still cannot use TeamViewer for support of locked down family.

• My connection disconnects after 5 minutes and when I try to reconnect then the message pops up stating that I need to wait 10 minutes before reconnecting. I'm using the TV for personal use only.

• mond259
    mond259 Posts: 2 ✭✭

This has to change. its totally unusable!

i'm guessing this is not a priority as the free community dont finance anything and hence our issues dont count. They probably only care about paying customer feedback.

I have noticed on this forum its brought up a lot and no significant answers are really given. The only time i see an answer is when they can chime in and say "oh well you use it on a work computer....". In my situation i have looked at the terms and conditions and do not brake any of them at all! However, being a free user and not contributing to the bank account i guess my problem (as many) will go unheard.

Until someone who pays brings it up!

• CARPCSA
    CARPCSA Posts: 0

I use the free program I always used, but now when I access it it informs me that I need a commercial license and blocks access.

• davjenz
    davjenz Posts: 1
    edited June 2021

Come on Teamviewer, I have been a long time user and only use it to access to my own PC's and to help family. I have submitted the form stating non commercial use and yet no communication has been received after a couple of weeks. I can't even use TeamViewer as it kicks out after a minute and then keeps extending the kicked out time, each time you try to access.

Now I have to get of my arse and walk across the room to my other PC's.

You about to loose a great deal of support due to non existent support and now a **bleep** product that can not be used at all!!

Get it together as we are all jumping a sinking ship!

• NJ_Dave
    NJ_Dave Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited June 2021

I use TeamViewer's free non-commercial license to support a sibling who is remote from me. TeamViewer has flagged me twice now for suspected commercial use; the first time, they reinstated my license, and I'm waiting for a decision on the second suspected infraction. I think I got re-flagged because I rather frequently reinstall Windows on my PC, typically more than once per year. Every time I (re-)install TeamViewer on a new instance of Windows, TeamViewer issues a new ID, which I suspect doesn't inherit the license history stating that I'm a rule-abiding user. I've been leery of connecting my TeamViewer instances to a TeamViewer account so far, but I'll do it if it will help me keep the free-use status (for which I'm very grateful). If not, how might I retain the free-use status on a new Windows installation? Possibly by copying the old TeamViewer config files to a new installation? Thanks...

2054 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello,

I use TV in free mode and quiet seldom. Lately I get a session timeout after 1 minute and have to wait a while to be able to reconnect.

Is there something to fix this or do I have to find another program?

I've already reinstalled TV on both machines.

No idea what the problem could be.

Thanks for any help

• cjmastermind
    cjmastermind Posts: 1

I have the same problem with my account. I think the reason is that the system thinks that your account should be commercial. In my case it's my first teamviewer connection in over one year. I connect between my laptop and my server at home from my summerhouse. So it's absolutely wrong to call it commercial.

• cjmastermind
    cjmastermind Posts: 1

Hi !

I only end up in this forum when I select support. I want to send a ticket to teamviewer to tell them that I don't use teamviewer in a commercial way at all. How do I do that?

// CJ

2054 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Almost the same with me. I want to connect my Laptop with my PC at home.

Sometimes I help my mom with her little computer issues which are not fixed in one minute.

Hope to get help here soon.

• castorcode
    castorcode Posts: 1

I am facing the same issues I use it to connect my mom and dads pc in India from UAE nd nowadays can't help them plz fix this issues guys

• Ray_Temmerman
    Ray_Temmerman Posts: 2 ✭✭

I very occasionally use TV to help friends, almost all of them older than me (I'm 72) with their computer issues. I don't get paid a penny for any of this.

Today I was trying to connect to my PC at home, which I haven't connected to in months. (My wife and I are 'locked down' in Australia due to covid, borders closed.) TV kicks me out after about 30 seconds. Again and again. I can't even get in long enough to check if the antivirus and malware systems are running properly.

What gives? Is this TV's way to try forcing us all onto the purchased version (which is exceedingly expensive if one uses it only occasionally, and never gets paid for any of the support one provides to family and close friends).

Any suggestions that would solve the problem, short of buying the license, would be most helpful.

• Ray_Temmerman
    Ray_Temmerman Posts: 2 ✭✭

A lot of people, including me, seem to be having the same problem. It may be that TV will come up with a fix. Or it may be that TV has reached its 'best before' date, and it's time to find something else.

I hope the former, but...

• JeffreyU
    JeffreyU Posts: 0

Hello, I made an account yesterday and tried to setup my device. However, Teamviewer thinks I am using the service for commercial uses even though it is not.

How can I prove that it's not meant for commercial means?

• Hi

my english isnt best.

I am giving help to my father in law- hes 80y

now iam blocket as a mistake i think because i use private in family

i ve send the shown PDF for reset with mx sign , but it seems nothing happens