Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Rattan
    Rattan Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same as my problem, Anyone fix?

• if I connect to team viewer with to another device, there is time limit then it will disconnect? For how many minutes or hours I could stay connected?

• Ttraynor28
    Ttraynor28 Posts: 1

Hi,

Ive been using TV to help elderly family members with things especially over the pandemic as they are not good with computers. I was flagged as commercial use. I have filled in a non commercial use form 11 days ago and haven’t yet had a reply or any info back.

does anyone know how long this takes for them to review

thanks

• Ttraynor28

Hi, I’ve been using tv for non commercial use. I have been blocked saying commercial use detected which isn’t the case.

I have completed the form and submitted it 2 weeks ago and there has been no feedback or any correspondence back.

does anyone know how long this takes for the team to review and sort this issue

thanks

• Ttraynor28

How long does to for teamviewer to review and rest for non commercial use. I’ve been waiting weeks and my ticket and request has still been unanswered

thanks

• DKS
    DKS Posts: 6 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to remotely assist someone with an Oppo phone ? I've done this in the past and it seemed to work. For the last week or so, I've been trying to assist my mother with her Oppo phone. Incredibly frustrating after a few hours of attempting. Is it something she might be doing wrong ?? I've also been in touch with your Twitter support team and also Feedback.

It keeps thinking i am trying to connect to more than one person (ie., commercial account ), which I am definitely not. I cannot to connect to even 1 person !

• Hello everyone,

Six days ago I submitted a challenge to 'commercial use detected' on my TeamViewer account.

I downloaded the paperwork, completed the explanation, signed and dated it, and then PDF'd it and uploaded / submitted it. I was told that I would get a response within 2 working days, but I am still waiting.

Will I actually get a response and, if so, how long can I expect to wait?

Thanks!

Andrew.

• Ttraynor28

Hi, I have been using TV for non commercial use to help family members with stuff as they are old.

I have now been blocked, I have filled in the non commercial use form and all info and set it back and it is under review. Does anyone no how this takes as I’ve been waiting 4 weeks with now reply or news back. Any help is appreciated

thanks

• Hi all.

My account shows Free but not allow me to remain in the session more than 30 seconds or so.

Please help.

• DKS

Any ideas anyone ?????

• Bazza
    Bazza Posts: 1

Hi everyone.... I urgently need help on this timing out issue. I have the free licence version (non-commecial use). I have been desperately trying to gain access to my brother's PC to sort out a bug issue. After 20 second it shuts me out stating that I am using it for commercial use!! Has anyone else had this problem?? Is there a way to fix this problem? I eagerly await your responses. Thank you. BAZ

• jon_platt_jpca
    jon_platt_jpca Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 2021
  • jon_platt_jpca
    jon_platt_jpca Posts: 2 ✭✭

As above - has eventually allowed me in

• I hardly use this and can't seem to get it working.

I am using it to log into my home computer from work and work computer from home.

That is all I use it for.

• hello, there is a problem with non-commercial use of the program, TeamViewer claims that I use the program for commercial purposes, although this is not the case, please help to restore access to non-commercial use of TeamViewer

• TimZ
    TimZ Posts: 0

Why do I get disconnected when I have a free account and are not a business user? I have used the automated reset feature, but it doesn't fix the problem.

• DKS

No, definitely not answered !!!

• Shortbus
    Shortbus Posts: 0

Hi, love teamviewer, its allowed my wife and myself to keep granddad online by having access to his desktop in a different city to ours.

He is in his 80's and in a retirement village.

He is frail and easily confused and I have stripped his win 10 machine down to bare bones with you tube and a couple of tv channels linked in the start folder so he doesnt get lost. which he does all the time.

My question is is there a way to remove the playfair banner just from his side so it doesnt stay on his desktop after I have ended the remote assistance session?

Absolutely no problem with it on my end.

My fear is it will just confuse him.

• lhshenker
    lhshenker Posts: 1

if posted in the wrong place and you can please move

Why on My Laptop do I get the following message, yet on other devices on the same network I do not. Also to be clear I use the account to access steam and check on downloads that is it there is no commercial use, and none that differ from the other devices

thanks in adavnce

• I'm using team viewer for personal use, and as per the official website, this service is permitted free of charge. Why are you you trying to sell me a license ?

• Sbair
    Sbair Posts: 1

This morning when trying to connect to a friend's machine to help them with their email, after about 30 seconds I was disconnected. I received an error saying:

Connection blocked after timeout.

Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license.

Connections to this partner will be blocked until 10:24.

I have never experienced this issue before. It is a new computer. This is the first time attempting to use TeamViewer on it.

I am not a professional IT vendor or anything related to help desk support. I only have 6 computers in my account that I connect to every once in a while. I'm not sure why this started happening, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

• betheciment
    betheciment Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hello guys!

I work with three computers at the same time at home on a project. I completely agree and fulfill the private usage ToS but I got this time out message.

What can I do? I mean on the TeamViewer website its clearly called in bold font:

(german) Es gibt keine Gebühren, keine Zeitbeschränkung und keine Abonnements.

--- English : There is no fee, no time limits and no subscriptions.

And I fulfill also this guidelines:

TeamViewer is free for personal use, which means any tasks within your personal life for which you are not being paid. Connections between personal devices at home or helping friends and family remotely qualify as personal use.

Please help, how can I prove my private usage?

Best regards

Luc

• sounak_roy
    sounak_roy Posts: 3 ✭✭

I am repeatedly receiving the error message below when trying to remotely connect to my personal computer at home:

"Connection blocked after timeout.

Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license."

Upon visiting the Teamviewer website to reset my account access at this link: https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/reset-management/, I am getting the "502 Bad Gateway" error message. Please unlock my account.

• fayden63
    fayden63 Posts: 4 ✭✭

I am currently attempting to support my father in the US (from my location in Germany).

This has always worked in the past. I am a User now since 2017.

Strangely enough, every time the connection initiates, I receive access to the remote computer, and then about 10-15 seconds later the connection breaks off, and then it is practically impossible to reconnect.

"Your TeamViewer session has timed out and will be closed."

I have been utilizing this software to provide PC support for my father for years now and suddenly I am unable to do so.

Anyone out there who might be able to help?

Sincere regards

Tom

• sounak_roy
    sounak_roy Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

Can you reset the following Teamviewer ID? [Personal information removed]

I am repeatedly getting screen timeouts when trying to access on all of my devices and, when using the link: https://www.TeamViewer.com/reset, am getting "502 Bad Gateway" or "504 bad gateway" errors repeatedly?

Thanks for your help.

• amb1
    amb1 Posts: 1
    edited September 2021

I'm just trying to use my desktop PC from my laptop while I'm not at home

• Rvdbreemen
    Rvdbreemen Posts: 1

Since the last update my Teamviewer keeps telling my I am using it such that I need a commercial license. I only help family members with TeamViewer, never ever had any issues before. But ever since the last update it keeps complaining about this.

I have tried to find a way to get to the Teamviewer team to ask what is going on. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this fixed, so I can help my family members again?

Thank

Robert

• I have been a free user for several years and used TeamViewer only to help my mother in law with her internet banking. However, today I was blocked with the explanation that "commercial use" is suspected. That is absolutely not true. What can one do against this?

Thanks in advance!

• Noofconcern
    Noofconcern Posts: 3 ✭✭

You flagged my personal phone for commercial use. Just because I use it on another network other than my home you feel you can do this? FYI I am an admin for our company with teamviewer that has licenses for commercial use. I think I know the difference between my personal business and company business. I stopped using my company computer because you kept kicking me. Now on my phone you took it upon yourselves to upgrade my phone to business account. I am expecting a fix on this. FYI I have two phones one for personal and one for business. Why would I connect to my computer at home with my company equipment? Please correct as it seems we can only contact you on a forum base nit email base.

• Ces4panels
    Ces4panels Posts: 1

Same exact problem--please advise