Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• i keep getting booted from team viewer after logging for only 10 seconds. I only use it for gaming

• misuzuk
    misuzuk Posts: 1

hello,

I am just a free license user, I only use teamviewer twice a week, however, when I log-in teamviewer this morning, it keeps showing below message and refuse me to log-in every 5 mins, could you please check? I do not use for commercial purpose, can you unblock me? Thanks!

• swalomay
    swalomay Posts: 0

I'M using my PC at work to remote control my PC at home for gameplay.  Is this personal use? because system falsely detected for commercial use. If this is persnal use can you unlock my permission?

• Application says commercial environment. Even though I am using it for my personal use and installed on my personal devices. How can I get this to normal?

• jtpeddy
    jtpeddy Posts: 0

i log into my account and it terminates after 5 min. says something about commercial. how do I reset to Free?? when I click reset it says Bad Gateway

• Angrygold
    Angrygold Posts: 0
    edited September 2021

I try to see some furniture webpage on my mom's computer with my mom cause she can't handle the page, and the TeamViewer drop the connection and said it time out cause "commercial use"... I am very **bleep** now. Theres no work or commercial use .... And now I cant connect anyway ... What the....??!!

• Hello -

I was flagged as a commercial user. But I am not, I am using the free version to connect to my home computer (I have 2 houses). There is a link to fill out a form if I am not a commercial user, but the link in the "more info" sends me to a broken URL.

Ideas? I bet this comes up a lot :)

Thanks!

Eddie

• PCLady
    PCLady Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

I got an error message when trying to reset my Teamviewer IDs and I need help. It is for personal use. Please have someone contact me ASAP: [removed per Community Guidelines]

Thanks

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• PCLady
    PCLady Posts: 2 ✭✭

I need you to confirm that you received my previous message and that you are able to remove it because I cannot remove the attachment.

thanks

• Hi. I am not using the program for commercial use. please remove the restrictions

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Senior Moderator

Hello @EddiePavlu

Please provide the link the pop-up directs you to, and the error the website shows.

Thanks in advance!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• Erendiel
    Erendiel Posts: 2 ✭✭

apparently i can't use NSLookup on my downstairs computer from my upstairs computer? i did it from my laptop to my desktop, i executed an NSlookup, and it immediately killed my connection.

I logged into my home assistant server, did the exact same thing and it killed my connection there too... what gives. I've been having internet issues all day, and rather than walk downstairs and check another computer manually, i'd rather remote in. But I'll be taking the stairs for now.

Guess that's one way to get rid of the extra covid calories lol.

• StevenG95037
    StevenG95037 Posts: 6 ✭✭

I'm a free user, freeloader to some, and connect from my Mac to a remote PC in my personal observatory which runs a PC. I have long connected session trying to control my telescope and other equipment, dome, filters, focuser, camera etc. The problem is I just installed a new program on the PC, the only platform supported by the software, which is more complicated than I expected. I'm spending hours going through tutorial after tutorial tying to master the program, and TeamViewer thinks I am a commercial user.

I have clicked on the reset ID link several times, and it tells me to logout and login to the Customer Portal, however that seems to be reserved for licensed users.

Please, someone, help me. I like TeamViewer, it was recommended by several other armature astronomers for just this purpose, and seems to work pretty well for what I need to do.

Thanks,

Steven

• Commercial Use

Commerical use Detected

Then the App close on Phone .... Thanks

• Erendiel
    Erendiel Posts: 2 ✭✭

The thing told me that i wasn't allowed to make successive connections, then i clicked on the "more info" button and it brought me to the "corporate use" page talking about playing fair.

• xapim
    xapim Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

Well i have used team viewer for years now never had a single issue but today i tried to connect to my laptops at home and i got a message saying my activity its suspicious and i need to buy a license to continue using the software so now team viewer its useless to free users that have multiple machines ?????? everyone needs a license i have many laptops always on 24/7 usually 3/4+ online and after all these years seems i have to find a new alternative to remote access them RIP this new policy really **bleep** so this means you cant use teamviewer to access all the multiple machines you might own with a free account as its considered comercial use lol they are my machines im not helping anyone oh well.... i was even using it as a remote access backup for my shadow ultra vm to when the shadow launcher stream crashes or has gpu driver issues but seems ill have to find something else that wont block my remote access as real vnc only allows up to 5 devices in the free account which i already have setup some of mine as backup access i guess its time to maybe give parsec a chance as it seems the only viable option right now

• xapim
    xapim Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

I have followed all the procedures and have submitted some of my ids as most laptops have dual/triple boot OS and would be a different id for each OS so not possible to submit them all as theres a limit of 10 :(

• I have the same problem is gives 5 minute warning on phone to PC

• Henningj
    Henningj Posts: 0

Hello. My account is a free account that is only used for a few individuals. The people I help are typically over 70 years old. I myself am 73 years old. My account is blocked, the reason is that I am commercial. To emphasize, I am private, and receive no money for my help. In the last few years, it's the very few times I've used Teamviewer. Can I be helped to continue to have the free and free program. Sincerely, Henning Jensen

• Igtomic199203
    Igtomic199203 Posts: 1
    edited September 2021

Dear Teamviewer,

I have my personal PC at home in Switzerland, and while travelling for leisure in Peru these days, I'm trying to access it.

Unfortunately for some reason, Teamviewer has flagged it as business use, although it has nothing to do with it.

Could you please reasses the case? [removed per Community Guidelines]

Thank you very much in forward,

• Tns
    Tns Posts: 3 ✭✭

I am having this exact same problem. Did requesting reset resolve this issue for you?

• shinjin
    shinjin Posts: 1

I am a graduate student and I use a team viewer at school and home.

However, it keeps losing connection saying.

text message is " commercial user"

What should I do?

• rfagan
    rfagan Posts: 1

Using Control Remote Computer I am getting kicked off after one minute, and I get two popup windows: (1) Your TeamViewer session has timed out and will be closed, and (2) This was a free session sponsored by www.teamviewer.com. TeamViewer sessions are free of charge for personal use. We thank you for playing fair. There are then three buttons: "Rate US, "BuyLicense" and "OK". Any assistance would be appreciated.

• grimzzang
    grimzzang Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

error generation.

reactivated PDF ???

• PARKJEONGYU
    PARKJEONGYU Posts: 1
    edited September 2021

[removed per Community Guidelines]

I only play games at home and use it only for that. However, I can't use it right now because it is recognized for commercial use, so please check it.

• A1exander
    A1exander Posts: 0

Hi! I use the program for non-commercial purposes. Please remove restrictions on connecting devices.

• harrytropi
    harrytropi Posts: 0

Hi.

for the second time this year, i've been seeing this message:

TV is installed on my desktop (linux) and three notebooks (Windows). That is the way i have to manage my pc and the other family members when i'm not at home. How do i solve this?

• I have same issue... Also my friends got this message yesterday. Something changed? Do we need to do something specific?

• arushjob
    arushjob Posts: 2 ✭✭

I too have been flagged for commercial use after years of not having any problem. I use TeamViewer to access my church office computer from home and vice versa. I submitted a form explaining the situation to get reinstated for personal use earlier this week, and got confirmation that it was received, but have not been reinstated to personal use yet. I need to work from home today and can't access my office computer! Is there a phone number I can call to actually talk to someone about this?