Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• chris1434
    chris1434 Posts: 1
    Options

Looks like teamviewer cut back on their QA. From all the issues on here about long term free personal users suddenly getting flagged as commercial users suggests they tweaked some code and didn't test it. Add me to the list. I help several friends and family members as I spent 35 years in IT. Cmon teamviewer, 90% of the population always had a flashing 12:00 on their VCR. Surely it isn't hard to understand that lots of people need help from friends and family that have technical expertise. I have used teamviewer for many, many years so it isn't like they don't have a history of my usage. Nothing has changed.

• nckersh
    nckersh Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

I've filled in the "form", but am still blocked. I tried to talk with someone on chat, but all he said was "pay for a license" - thanks, Haim - not very helpful.

I've been using TV on a free license for some time and find it very useful. However, as a pensioner, I have a limited budget and so cannot afford to pay for a license.

Can you help me...?

• Rich890m
    Rich890m Posts: 1
    Options

I me to the list of people who do not charge for help and work with those who are older like me in their 70s and I also use it on my wife's computer to help her from time to time. I have been using TeamViewer for many years and have never charged for my services.

• IVANJP
    IVANJP Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

I come here to tell you all that i have used the reset platform 4 times, and this 4 times, i get replies saying my ID's are successfully reset. Obviously it's an automated message that actually does nothing.

1 out of my 3 ID's are still flagged despite filling the reset form, they are all are my own devices. I will keep filling it daily, they say, never give up if you want something done.

Now that i've been using Teamviewer for own personal uses for years, and its a wonder this month i got flagged. I hope the Teamviewer's team can respond.

Oh and by the way thanks for the 'Molecule' promotion.

• M6LSJ
    M6LSJ Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

i'm a Radio Ham licence holder i help people to connect to the radios and help them programming radios i do this free i never get paid.

Im disabled in a wheelchair i cant travel to go in other people houses.

I hope you understand my point.

I cant log in because Teamveiwer think i not using this for personal used.

• wa4fgn
    wa4fgn Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I do not know if this is the correct place to put this and I did look for a contact link.

We have already covered this one time before. I am using Team Viewer to support my own machines. I am NOT using this commercially as I know the limitations and I do follow your rules. If you take a thorough look you will find all the machines that are running Team Viewer are either mine of my mom in NC as she is bedbound. I am completely transparent on this. Please look at my records and see that you have already checked my usage and already know that I AM following your EULA. I have had to rebuild 3 of my personal machines in the last 90 days but all are personally owned. I happen to love this program and have had great success using it to both monitor and correct my personal machines. I am more than willing to give you a complete list of the machines I personally own and my mom's machine to prove my case.

Wayne Hill

• Satelite
    Satelite Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Every machine that i try to connect i get commercial use suspected. filled the form and my id's was reseted (both side id's host and remote control side)

What to do. i need to get my teamviewer back to working again. 😔

• Satelite
    Options

My id's was reseted after filling the form. still getting instant commercial use suspected message and allmost instant disconnect from host. How to fix this?

• Satelite
    Options

I think i need reset for all of my account id's... this happens even between reseted id's

• Mike_21
    Mike_21 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I have a free non commercial version of Team Viewer installed on my Windows laptop computer. I've been using for a number of years across different PC's but today I repeatedly kept being timed out after about 20 seconds. I don't understand why or how to fix the problem. Does anyone have any ideas that can help me resolve this issue? It looks like I'm unable to raise a support ticket because I use the free non commercial version. Thanks.

• Mike_21
    Mike_21 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the info. I've gone through the reset process, lets hope it solves the issue.

• Azharoth
    Azharoth Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

i am new in here. i manage to access my PCs (1 laptop, 1 PC) before but suddenly it said `your license limits maximum session duration` and asking me to upgrade. but both are my own computer with 1 at another room and sometimes i access PC at home from laptop from outside. i do stuff remotely from 1 PC to another. is it no longer allowed for free license?

it is frustrating because i cannot get immediate support on something that works perfectly before and paid license not worth it in my case.

• Azharoth
    Azharoth Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

so is there still no fix on this issue? i have it since yesterday and nothing suggested on Google work. is free TV no longer meant for remote access?

• TalalB
    TalalB Posts: 1
    Options

I'm using TeamViewer for personal purposes "Free account", I access my pc at my home when I travel to get some copies of my documents like my passport and ID,

suddenly I got this message

"usage pattern suggests that you have been supporting others professionally"

now I'm not able to access my pc at home, please what to do?

• Holland_brown
    Holland_brown Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

how do I activate a free version

It keeps asking me for a purchase #

already downloaded.

• TnMike
    TnMike Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

My Sister has free teamviewer, I use it to help her with her computer which is usually just a few times a year. I am not using it illegally as in commercially. When I connect to her teamviewer it comes up as a "invalid license" logs me out after just a few seconds and make me wait to try again...but this cycle repeats. I have tried:

Uninstalling and re-installing her ID is the same...same error. I have checked and the software shows as a free license like mine does and I still can't get it to let me stay logged in. Can anyone help.

Mike Miller (tennessee)

• dimitripen
    dimitripen Posts: 1
    Options

I am a private user for free use, I was challenged in a commercial use how to solve the problem to return to a free use.

Is there an email to send this type of problem? If so, clarify the use made? I act only on PCs of my possession for transfer large image files

Thanks

• JosephShen
    JosephShen Posts: 1
    edited March 2023
    Options

Recently I reinstalled my PC and start from now the system told me I have reached limit. But in the manage console I found I cannot remove the devices in the "Free devices" panel, what should I do?

I have a free user, and I can swear to God I only used teamviewer to access computer in my school. What are my options now? 

• blasterjack
    blasterjack Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

My personal device has been flagged for commercial use. I've followed through the steps to get this retracted and have gotten confirmation that it has been done so three times already. Still i get the notification that the account has been limited as soon as i try to use it. How to proceed from here?

• blasterjack
    blasterjack Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

So my previous post was flagged and i got the following mail:

Note From Moderators:

It is not the account but the TeamViewer IDs in the connection that is flagged.

As this alert is ID-specific, it is possible to see the alert after reset if the other ID in the connection is also flagged: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/5265-why-do-i-see-commercial-use-suspected-commercial-use-detected#frequently-asked-questions-(faq)

You can request the reset for your other TeamViewer IDs here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

As this topic has already been answered here and we will go ahead and merge your post into it: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/8284/commercial-use-connection-time-out/p1

Thanks and have a great day!

Both the connecting and connected devices ID have already been reset like this multiple times. It still happens, so i'm still stumped on how to proceed.

• JoséMartins
    JoséMartins Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Every single **bleep** time i try to use this thing "U CanT UsE It FoR CoMerCiaL UsE" or something in those lines, i use it from like, ages to ages, to help relatives, and it detects im using it for working? how **bleep** is the code behind this detection?

• DuckyPolice
    DuckyPolice Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

why am i timing out of a session 30 seconds after connecting to it? i can control it like normal until, 30 seconds later, i timeout and can supposedly connect again after 1 minute; except, after the time it says that i can reconnect it says the same thing and makes it a longer wait. i havnt had this issue before and the internet is fine.

• wegentryjr
    wegentryjr Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I have the free product. I have it on my cell phone, laptop and home desktop. I only use it between those three machines. When I try to connect to my desktop I get an error stating that my license only allows a limited duration. I used to never get that, but have been getting it for quite some time now.

• dmkim9764
    dmkim9764 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello.

I'm a private user, but I think I'm registered as a commercial user. Please check it out

Please refer to the mail I received last time because it was the same case.

Account : [Removed due to Community Guidelines]

thx all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Removed due to Community Guidelines]

• Thecattozz
    Thecattozz Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Is there any way to fix this or prove I am not using it for commercial purposes?

Thanks to anyone willing to help

• guido_antinori
    guido_antinori Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

This semester I have been using TeamViwer without any problem to connect from my laptop to my desktop PC. For a couple of days now, however, the software has been preventing me from accessing my desktop PC because it perceives a professional/economic purpose to my usage pattern, which is completely untrue. I am a PhD student and only use the software to connect my personal devices.

I only use TeamViewer because my laptop is not as performant as my desktop, and since I am spending the semester abroad (I live in Rome, Italy, and am now in Paris, France) this is - or rather was - the best way to access it.

this is why I am leaving this message, to find out if anyone else has this kind of problem and especially how to solve it

• Freezman
    Freezman Posts: 1
    Options

Ridicules for sure iv been a free teamviewer user for 15 plus years just to connect to my personal pc because I have crazy slow internet. Suddenly on a Saturday morning I get flaged for comercial use. Not only that but can't contact them in any way i have tried everything that they suggest to contact them and still, round and round we go. That's pretty insulting. Plus can't login to the pc because they keep adding 1 min.

• mpence
    mpence Posts: 1
    Options

I am one of Jehovah's witness, since the pandemic, I have been using team viewer to help our older friends connect to zoom for our meetings. I guess because I have so many contacts, they suspect that I am doing dishonest business. How do I solve this, so I can continue to connect our dear older friends?

• cdragwa
    cdragwa Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options