edited April 2023
    Options

i been flagged for commercial use

• Vieuxbill56
    Vieuxbill56 Posts: 1
    edited April 2023
    Options

Good morning,

wishing to connect to a friend's machine, I find that it is no longer possible for me to access it. the following message is displayed:

"Your license limits the maximum duration..."

The identifier of this friend is the following: [Removed as per Community Guidelines] he has a free non-commercial license.

Can you tell me what the problem is.

Cordially.

• PEW1
    PEW1 Posts: 1
    Options

I am trying to assist my 90-year old mother who recently got a DORO 8110 smartphone.

DORO, has installed the TeamViewer QuickSupport app so it is possible to assist remotely. I have tried to follow the instructions in the app and startet the start.teamviewer.com/???????? from 3 different browsers but I get the reply, that my use-pattern suggest, that I use the program like a business.

I have supportet my mother in using her PC, but this should not disqualify me in using TeamViewer once in a while on both PC and smartphone.

I am using a MacBook. Dont know if that makes a difference.

Is it possible to clear the units or ID-numbers for the receivers of support?

I would be grateful for any help

Poul

• winosdel89
    winosdel89 Posts: 1
    Options

why is my connection restricted to five minutes?

• FRABO
    FRABO Posts: 1
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi, I have a free license but I get a commercial license message

• Danielajaimes4
    Danielajaimes4 Posts: 1
    Options

I've been having this message " it seems there might be a licensing problem with your connection partner. connecting to this device requires a valid TeamViewer license for you or your connection partners"

how can I fix it? I have the non-commercial

• oboegary
    oboegary Posts: 1
    Options

I have a free license that I use for gettiing to my home computers when traveling. I use it for getting to my financial information, download files I may need for my photography hobby to submit to competitions.

I have 2 networked computers in my home plus 2 laptops that are used when we travel.

Every time I am in a hotel or using my phone as a hot spot, I get the commerical license message and get logged out.

Very inconvenient when I am traveling for weeks at a time! I am retired!

• jctoledot
    jctoledot Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hello there. My connection is blocked due using for commercial purpose. That is not true, Im using the connection only as personal use with my wife´s laptop and my son´s laptop.

• omarmuhtadi
    omarmuhtadi Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

My name is Omar [Removed as Community Guidelines]. I have been using TeamViewer for the last seven years. For some reason, TeamViewer thinks that I'm using the program for commercial purposes, therefor it is limiting my connection time, and in fact all I've been doing all that time is accessing the computers I have here at home, so I can see how my computers are doing on running my [Removed as Community Guidelines] program.

PLEASE help me. I am NOT using it for commercial basis.

My email is [Removed as Community Guidelines]. Is there any solution to this?

• RobBeck
    RobBeck Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

got tossed out while trying to assist my Father, disconnected because of comm'l usage suspected.

went thru the reset request, printed the PDF file, but NOTHING has happened. what is expected to occur now? i still cannot get to that machine to assist him, and have no idea what the next step is.

should i see some email or some such thing that its been reset ?

when i try to do another reset request, it doesnt allow me to create the form again and resubmit.

its been 5 days since the reset request has been submitted.

is this normal ?

• Tashpaugh
    Tashpaugh Posts: 1
    Options

I only use Teamviewer to help friends and family, maybe once a month or fewer. It times out after 25 to 30 seconds.

• Piotr_Zielone_A
    Options

My TV use is mostly limited to remote support for my 80+ year old parents and in-laws. What should I do to prevent these calls from being blocked?

• Dave_Johnson
    Dave_Johnson Posts: 1
    Options

I am trying to determine the same thing. Message says to visit website. I cannot find what to do to prevent Boeing timed out.

• moondogy47
    moondogy47 Posts: 1
    edited April 2023
    Options

I can only use Teamviewer for a minute or so on this computer and then it says I have to buy a license. I have been a teamviewer member for free for a long time now and I only use it to help people I know that do not know much about a computer. I never charge anyone for this help and I am 75 years old and know a little about computers and want to help people that need help. Can you help me with this. Thank YOu

Steve Slinkard email is [removed per Community Guidelines

• jbarnett12
    jbarnett12 Posts: 28 ✭✭
    Options

I have been using an iPad to connect to my remote computers for several years now. However, recently, I am getting the message saying unable to connect Cannot be establish connection , connection blocked and connections to the TeamViewer I’d are blocked. I can connect to the machines using my iPhone or another PC but for some reason I’m being blocked from my iPad. I’ve tried to Google an answer for this but I can’t find anything and I don’t understand why it would be happening because there’s no issue with the iPad before

• Kinch
    Kinch Posts: 1
    Options

Is free licence no longer available to individuals only using own computers?

• groton6
    groton6 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

How to get unblocked from suspected commercial use

• M15442
    M15442 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

I am using TeamViewer for my research work in my lab. I am a Ph.D. student at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. Teamviewer is restricting my account to 5-minute sessions.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

Please suggest so I get relief from the same.

Thank you in advance.

• grwalker
    grwalker Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Follow the instructions on this link to reclaim your free licence

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

Good luck

• grwalker
    grwalker Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

No. It is available

• Engeki
    Engeki Posts: 1
    Options

Hello,

Almost a year ago I was using teamviewer on my personal computer to provide support for my previous employer and a professional licence with myname@employercompany.com was linked on my teamviewer.

Today I tried to help someone close friend installing driver on his computer via teamviewer and I got a message i'm using it professionnaly and my session only last like one minute and can't reconnect after.

Is there some way to clean my profile as there is not a professionnal use in this case ? I don't even know how it's supposed to detect that as if really was a professionnal I would be using teamviewer almost every day on my personnal laptop and it wasn't the case for a at least 6 month since I helped some relative

• RChevalier
    RChevalier Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

in the past, I worked for an organization that had a corporate teamviewer license. I had the client installed on my personal machine for emergencies. I am no longer with that company and have uninstalled that Teamviewer client.

I have downloaded and installed the newest client and installed it. Teamviewer launches and I sign in with the personal account that I had to create, which works fine on a Windows machine. However on this machine, a Mac running macOS Monterey, the TeamViewer client launches and identifies me by the user name I had when using the corporate license even though it was uninstalled. So if I try to use TeamViewer for personal use, I connect, and then it disconnects me within a minute.

How do I resolve this issue so I can use TeamViewer on my machine as a private individual?

Thanks to all who can help

• SRHaugen
    SRHaugen Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Trying to help my 83 year old father but keep getting this message. Incredibly irritating. What is wrong?

• marcinhordziej
    marcinhordziej Posts: 1
    Options

Hi,

my account assigned to this E-Mail address was switched to commercial due to "behaviour".

I'm using TeamViewer to connect to my computers and sometimes to the computers of my family members.

I'm generally using it like 3 times a month, sometimes even less.

I don't see any reason to consider it as commercial usage.

I can't find any way to contact support to change it. I need a license to submit ticket. I'm on vacation and I can't access my computer to do anything.

Best regards, Marcin.

• CristianQD
    CristianQD Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hello. My name is Cristian. I've been using TeamViewer for more than a year to stablish a remote access between my laptop and my computer located on the university (UAF). A month ago, the system is telling me that my free license is restricted because I've been using it for "commercial" purposes, which is not right. What can I do?

• NomadMetallica
    NomadMetallica Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I have completed the reset form more then once and it has been going on almost a month with nothing happening from TV side.

This is getting frustrating as I cannot remote into my home computer for personal use from my work laptop anymore without being disconnected in less then a minute.

I always used Team Viewer but are getting to the point of moving on as this seems to be a no care problem with TV team.- Is there a quick fix for this or is this going to take months to fix for a while and then the same process all over again? Surely that can get this to be easier and done in real time for the free license users!!!

• Captainmichael7
    Captainmichael7 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Yesterday I was trying to connect to my aunt and uncles computers to help them with some updates.. I was able to connect to my aunts computer with no problem, when I tried to connect to my uncles computer I would get a message about there being a licensing issue with this computer and then get kicked off after 1 minute. It makes no sense as I have been able to connect to these computers in the past and this is not for commercial use.

• Captainmichael7
    Captainmichael7 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

What do I need to do?

• Mechanis789
    Mechanis789 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

It's been a couple weeks since I submitted a form for an ID reset and no one has gotten back to me and reset it. I know you're not supposed to post here about it, but I don't know any other way to get the message across that I think my reset request was maybe forgotten. I am unable to submit a new request either, because when I go to the form, it automatically skips to a screen that thanks me for submitting the request and then it provides me with the PDF of the form that I submitted a couple weeks ago.

So again, I cannot fill out the form, because it's already filled out and not letting me fill in a new one like I said.

I know mistakes happen and my reset request probably just got missed, so I'm asking for someone to please reach out to the support team for me about this. I really need the ID reset. Thank you!

• Scot1MacDonald
    Scot1MacDonald Posts: 1
    Options

why am i getting commercial use block outs