Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• HERVMELE
    HERVMELE Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Exactly same problem for conecting to my father (92 years old) PC and phone.

After "commercial use detection", system said that connexion is impossible until next minute... and after that minute... always after next one !!!

bug or end of free licence ?

• Maartin
    Maartin Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Glad to hear that I'm not the only with the same views.

I loved using it to quickly resolve a problem. Now it would seem they are only interested in having people pay for it irrespective if you have a free license. It is a real pity.

• Just_Asking_21
    Just_Asking_21 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I'm receiving "Commercial Use Detected" when my account is only used for personal reasons. I simply connect from my work computer to my home computer to help my kids with their school work when needed. Is there any way I can contact support for help on this issue?

Thanks

• Splodge
    Splodge Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited March 12
    Options

Let me start by saying that Yes, I have completed the reset form and am waiting for my TV ID's to be unblocked.

My reason for posting here is to alert TV Staff to several issues that have coincided with the sudden "commercial use detection" that has affected so many private users.

1) Initially I was booted immediately after connecting to a family machine and given a message that "immediate reconnection was not available on my license type. Wait and try again later. Reconnections will be blocked until XX:XX"

Issue: Even after the specified time in the message, reconnections were still blocked. The same message would appear again with a new time.

2) The "More Info" button on your popups leads to "page-not-found" I suggest a redirect be put in place to lead people to ⚠Commercial use suspected - TeamViewer Support

3) After waiting a significant time, I tried to reconnect, this time receiving a message that "Commercial use was detected, session will be limited to 5 minutes" however each session lasts less than 30 seconds and I am booted again with a "timeout message" displayed. I just need to move some files on an OLD personal machine, but 30seconds makes it a little challenging!

Judging by the forum, there are a lot of people impacted and I'm sure you are working hard and fast to get this resolved. The above are not "complaints" just feedback to help you create a smoother end user experience.

Like all the other personal users, I am grateful for the TV Team, their technology and their willingness to provide a free personal usage license.

• SBD
    SBD Posts: 1
    edited March 12
    Options

I am a student who is using it log in to my workstation in my lab. How do I proceed? Should I just delete TeamViewer and use **Third Party Product** like everyone else in my department?

• piotr_zg
    piotr_zg Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

Yes, but I have it set to have the free version and yet they start blocking it. They see in the logs that I use the program very occasionally, so they know that I don't work with it and I don't make money from it, but they still block it. They want us to switch to the paid version and pay them big money. But I have no intention of paying them and I will probably uninstall the program and look for something else for remote assistance.

• KaaSerpent
    KaaSerpent Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 12
    Options

If you click on the "Learn more" button on the timeout warning, it takes you to this page:

https://www[.]teamviewer[.]com/en-us/content/lo-cb-users/

Which gives a 404, as you can see above. Makes me wonder what "lo-cb-users" means.

• jferro10
    jferro10 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

i keep getting timed out after one minute

• Maartin
    Maartin Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

I received a warning for some reason but at least I was provided a link to a post about it and an option to request free access again. For those that want to follow the process here is the link Commercial use - Connection time out — TeamViewer Support.

I have followed the process and will see in the future if it works again.

• KaiMG
    KaiMG Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I have a raspberry pi which I use for personal stuff and I prefer to remote into it rather than use a monitor as it saves usb ports for devices and I dont need to buy another screen. I also occasionally help my grandma with computer issues, but I dont do either of these very often, and when I do, it's not usually for very long.

I tried to connect to my RPi today and I get the "session timeout, reconnect blocked until....." message after only 30 seconds of usage.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened on my account as in the past I have been accused of commercial use and been blocked in a similar way where I had to contact support to get unblocked. But now you can only get support if you pay, so you can get blocked unfairly and cant even get support.

Honestly, I'm done with teamviewer at this point, as I hate being accused of doing something that I'm not, and the messages saying "this was a sponsored session, thanks for playing fair" that you get every time is just condescending and accusatory, bordering on gaslighting.

I'm switching out to another remote desktop software as soon as I find one that runs on both windows and linux because I am way past done with this.

• Shakena
    Shakena Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 12
    Options

Dear Reader,

i try to help someone today and the session stops after 5 seconds.

1 month ago, I did register myself for the non-commercial free version, and have registered the device i am using.

How can i solve the 5sec. timeout problem?

because someone needs my help, and i cannot help her.

Kind regards

• xristos1925
    xristos1925 Posts: 1
    Options

Hello. When I try to connect to a pc it pop up a window that said that my license is premium and my session will end in 5 minutes. Can you change it back to free license ? I can't connect to a remove pc longer than 5 minutes and it is disconnected automatically.

Thank you very much.

• KVN1337
    KVN1337 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited March 12
    Options

Hello @ All!

Now, few years later, my ID on the phone got "blocked" because of suspected commercial use.

But this is not correct

I just use it for me, my family and friends who sometimes need help.

Could someone help me please?

Best regards!

Beste Grüße Kevin

• Shotsfan
    Shotsfan Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Daughter is trying to do taxes by connecting to my desktop but TeamViewer keeps dosconnecting

• Musis
    Musis Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 12
    Options

I have three personal PC on local network, one Master PC (for flight plan edition), one use as game (flight simulation) server and the third as game PC to flight.

I use teamviewer to handle the server with my game PC and most generally to work simultaneously on my master PC and on my server PC with a single screen.

After two days, Teamviewer stops working on one of my PC due to long time connection.

I haven't found this limitation in the Free version of teamviewer ethernet page. I have performed a new install after two days without activities on Teamviewer (not possible while teamviwer stop less than one minute). Does this limitation exist and how shall i do to handle it ?

Another aspect, is this limitation only applicable for the licence on the PC under control.

I apologyze for my poor english.

Best regards

• misterm3140
    misterm3140 Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Options

I am unable to reset my TeamViewer. It keeps saying that I submitted a form, but I did not submit any form.

Can you try to reset this from your end?

Best

• Usr_115
    Usr_115 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Recently, the Windows program for remote connection started kicking me off, saying I needed to buy a license for my business.

Problem is, I don't have a business. So I keep getting blocked out from remoting into my PC at home.

Weird thing is, the browser version lets me connect, but has an annoying issue where it throws a '5' in after every letter or number I type.

I tried to contact some kind of support about it, but because it's a free account, I can't get in touch with anyone to explain that I'm not a business.

As for why this is happening, I can only assume it's because I stay connected for a few hours at a time, and my PC at home is running a VPN, so the system may think I'm connecting to a bunch of PC's in a business.

I'm about ready to switch to some other freeware for remoting, but I've been using TeamViewer for so long, I'd rather not give it up if I don't have to.

So what can I do to get this restriction lifted? Is there some way I can reach out to them and explain the situation? Or maybe some way I can get this to stop on my own?

• jazzybob
    jazzybob Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Options

When logging into TeamViewer Version: 15.51.6, I received a note that stated that it looked as if I was using TeamViewer for Business purposes and was limiting my connection time to 5 minutes. I use TeamViewer in my home, between my PC and laptops. This has happened in the and I was able to convince TeamViewer that it for Personal use only. How do I show that this is the case?

• LaurenFrame6987
    LaurenFrame6987 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I have a similar problem I am a private user only connect to one user a friend to help with a program in a language he does not understand now won't let me connect and telling me to buy a license anyone know how to solve this?

• shafted
    shafted Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Options

• AgOne
    AgOne Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 12
    Options

I've been using teamviewer for private use for years on my PCs. Today, for the first time, I am being logged out with the message that "Commercial Use Detected." I've been retired for years, and conduct no commercial business. My PCs are a mix of Linux Mint and Windows systems. What is up with this?

• mihai19
    mihai19 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

The button "Generate & Upload PDF" does not work on Windows 10, on Chrome or MS Edge.

How are we supposed to submit this form?

• crabo
    crabo Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 13
    Options

I have a personal use account that I (as well as a few other persons) use to connect to a computer to run codes for my studies. Recently, some of the accounts have been disconnected from the session, with a message stating that we need to upgrade to a commercial use account, even though none of the connections made were for commercial purposes. This is a significant issue for me because my PC doesn't have the computing capabilities required for some of the processes I need to conduct. Is there a way to resolve this? Thank you in advance.

• 2APatriot
    2APatriot Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

What is normal timeout for free version to 1 remote?

• Lamees
    Lamees Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I have been using my teamviewer to access my personal laptop remotely. This is not commercial. However, I was alerted by teamviewer that I have been using it commercially, thus blocking me. Can you please fix that?

• shafted
    shafted Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Options

• A9UA
    A9UA Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I keep getting timed out when I try to make a connection. It says they suspect commercial use, and I need to switch. However I only use it for personal use. I am a student at a university, and I am just trying to access my computer at home. I don't even use teamviewer that often...

• PoiLeng77
    PoiLeng77 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
  • Kippykip
    Kippykip Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Whenever I try to connect to any of my home computers, I get a message saying something about commercial use detected and it forces me off. The only I do with TeamViewer is connect to my home PCs or help mum and dad with something.

Can't contact support about this either because that's for "paid users only".

What the heck am I supposed to do?

• dfggfdfdg
    dfggfdfdg Posts: 1
    Options

thanks for f*cking us over again teamviewer, now i cant connect to my home pc remotely. cant wait to move to a different product