Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• Trun
    Trun Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

How do I make it stop? Will it cut me off? I'm not using it commercially.

• hv0805
    hv0805 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 13
    Options

I'am using the free version (latest version) and receive the question for un upgrade. I'm now 6 year retired and use Teamviewer only to help some friends with there computer/printer problems a couple of times a year (max 10-15 times). The system continues to tell me now that i'm using it as a commercial. Even after done already multiple times the reset option.

Can you help me.

[removed by moderator by Community Guidelines]

• Smjdr
    Smjdr Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Keep getting popular that I am a commercial user even though I am not... only using to check my h home computer and personal email

• dimitri76
    dimitri76 Posts: 1
    Options

Im use free version of TeamViewer, but last time I start receive messages that I use it commercial, and ask me to contact your support team, how I can contact it to prove that I use it just for my personal only?

• shafted
    shafted Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Options

With 390 pages of problems with "suspected commercial usage" (dating back to June of 2017) in this discussion, and no apparent improvement for users in sight; it seems to me that the criteria for "commercial usage" are significantly more complex than indicated in the TeamViewer web site definition of commercial usage.

I read all the TeamViewer blurb on what constitutes "private use" and what constitutes "commercial use" and there is nothing in that blurb that defines "commercial use" that applies to any computer (or person) in my home - and the only computers that my TeamViewer ever connects to are in my home.

I think it is important that TeamViewer inform us exactly what criteria was used to determine that our specific usage is commercial.

When we know for a fact that we are not doing anything commercial (based on the list of criteria posted at the TeamViewer web site), yet TeamViewer insists we are using the product commercially, how can we ever successfully use the free product?

I'm sure TeamViewer would prefer that everyone paid to use the product; so there is at least the possibility that the commercial "usage pattern" is overly broad, in hopes that free users will grow tired of being denied free use and purchase the product. I sure hope that's not the case

• Vitaresh
    Vitaresh Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

As the others, I have problems with connecting my remote PC. Teamviewer disconnects me every 5 minutes. I am not a business or something. I use it privately only.

How to fix this issue?

• pnasos123
    pnasos123 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

We have a problem with this device... it says that there is an issue with the license but this device is being used for personal use not commercial

• shafted
    Options

It would be nice to know how long we have to wait after requesting a reset. Is that information posted anyplace?

• NailenB
    NailenB Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited March 13
    Options

Hello,

I have the following problem. I connected to my home PC from the company network. I got a notification that this session will be terminated after 5 minutes. It actually disconnects after a minute.

It's happened to me before. I made a statement somewhere on the TeamViewer website that I only use the application for monitoring my home computer and that it is not for commercial use.

But now I reinstalled the system on my home PC. Re-installed TeamViewer. I'm getting this warning again. I have not found the page where I could put this statement. Can someone advise me how to do this?

Thank you

• shafted
    Options

With 390 pages of problems with "suspected commercial usage" (dating back to June of 2017) in this discussion, and no apparent improvement for users in sight; it seems to me that the criteria for "commercial usage" are significantly more complex than indicated in the TeamViewer web site definition of commercial usage.

I read all the TeamViewer blurb on what constitutes "private use" and what constitutes "commercial use" and there is nothing in that blurb that defines "commercial use" that applies to any computer (or person) in my home - and the only computers that my TeamViewer ever connects to are in my home.

I think it is important that TeamViewer inform us exactly what criteria was used to determine that our specific usage is commercial.

When we know for a fact that we are not doing anything commercial (based on the list of criteria posted at the TeamViewer web site), yet TeamViewer insists we are using the product commercially, how can we ever successfully use the free product?

I'm sure TeamViewer would prefer that everyone paid to use the product; so there is at least the possibility that the commercial "usage pattern" is overly broad, in hopes that free users will grow tired of being denied free use and purchase the product. I sure hope that's not the case

• HAJ
    HAJ Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited March 13
    Options

I am using TeamViewer privately, but now get messages from Teamviewer that I use my account for buisiness purposes and I get an offer to buy a license. How can I confirm that the usage of Teamviewer is only privatly? How does Teamviewer determine that I use it for business purposes? Because that check is definitely wrong.

Thanks for helping me out!

• robear99
    robear99 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

This guilty before innocent approach with little to no way to get around it. I am retired. I am not a corporation, business. I am me. I was looking for a way to connect to my mothers computer when she got messed up, and confused. She has dementia. Driving all the way over, to close a window, or open one, is costly. I am not sure what you base the "corporate environment detected" upon. I have a domain, doesn't make me a company. I use google to manage my domain. Still not a company. Kind of defeats the purpose of trying to save money by having to drive over to my mothers, if I am paying 25 bucks a month or more. You offer a free version for personal use, and when someone has a genuine personal use, you label, categorize, and block that use, with no method of appeal, unless you pay the monthly fee. Why even "PRETEND" to have a free personal version, when you do not meet the concerns, or care to, of the people that are using it for truly personal reasons outside company, or profit making endeavors. Not everyone is a corrupt law breaking conman, unlike what certain people want everyone to think.

R.Schaefer

• PaulT74
    PaulT74 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 13
    Options

Hi

Got a problem that there has been suspected commercial activity on my account so I attempted to Reclaim your free version by using .

What happens is when I login it states "Thank you, your request was submitted successfully." but I do not get to the form to fill in. "Download PDF" takes me to a request I made in Sep 2023.

How do I fix this?

Much Thanks

Paul

• jhanes57
    jhanes57 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited March 13
    Options

why do I get a message saying I am using it for business when I am only using it at home for personal accounts, total of 3 computers.

• Vitaresh
    Vitaresh Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I have got the answer from the support team:

You can request the reset for your TeamViewer ID here: 

it can take up to 5 working days to be done.

Hope, it happens 😁

• Gautengrob
    Gautengrob Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited March 13
    Options

I don't get it most of the time I am at home and use this to access my plex server, i went out and used a public wifi to access my home server net thing i get blocked with " using it for commercial??" what do I do ?? I sent them an email and nothing? What's the point of a remote access software you can't use ??

• Mangraviti
    Mangraviti Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 13
    Options

Teamviewer is hopefully going bankrupt soon.

Their software is ok but there are equal or better options out there, without the **bleep** of commercial vs non-commercial users.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

There are much better ways to stop scammers. Stopping legit users is not the way.

• horani34
    horani34 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 13
    Options

Hi,

I am not using TeamViewer in commercial way but the application keeps blocking my personal connection as it's telling me that I am using the application in a commercial way.

My account ID: [removed per Community Guidelines]

Kindly I am looking for your help and support.

Regards.

• MVHarley
    MVHarley Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 13
    Options

I use this app to help my elderly Mother in law on occasions. Recently this app has been asking me to buy it for the type of use I exhibit. I rarely, really Rarely use this app and obtaining 2 licenses so that I can help her remotely 2-4 times a year is onerous.

Help

• System
    System Posts: 464 ✭✭
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: How to download the free version.
  • quetzal
    quetzal Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 13
    Options

Hello,

I have a free license and the connections are expiring after less than 1 minute of use and not after 5 minutes.

I'm using my account to support familiars, this is not a commercial use.

Can you take a look at my account and fix it?.

Thanks a lot for ur time.

Sincerely,

Miguel

• FarmHandIT
    FarmHandIT Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited March 13
    Options

I am an individual supporting another single individual, my 102 year old father in law who has macular degeneration and is nearly blind. Why does TeamViewer think that I have to migrate to a commercial license? How do I convince it that I don't?

• troppmann
    troppmann Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

So, what is the deal with this commercial use block? There are a ton of posts on here and there are NO resolutions to this issue.

I have filled out your request form and not heard back from you.

I don't know what you think youre using as a flag for this but it isn't correct. Also, upgrading and paying $300 a year to help my aging mother with her computer needs is kind of a grift.

Also, it is hard to justify paying for a license when you barely support the product in free mode.

Lastly, when you upgrade the product stop auto installing a desktop icon.

So, how does this get fixed?

Anyone?

• dsojeda
    dsojeda Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

i have 1 pc and one laptop and 1 tablet. i rarely use TV but on the rare occasion Im out of town I like to know its there in case I need a local file.

how do I get them to understand Im a single guy with 3 pcs and not a business?

thanks

• samusanchez04
    samusanchez04 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

They told me that they detected commercial use. I'm not. How can I reset?

Thanks

• Dragonwolf5589
    Dragonwolf5589 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

I have 1 laptop and 1 pc.

But if i connect to any from my mobile i get "commercial use detected your connection is blocked"

Why?

Its MY OWN devices for PERSONAL use!

I cant even contact support as apparently i need to pay commercial license to do so!

• URwastingmytime
    URwastingmytime Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I am not using it commercially, my brother does not know how to use a computer, so I am helping him scan and paste his scan in an email. But after 2 minutes, Team Viewer cuts off, telling me to buy a commercial license or wait a minute to reconnect. Maybe its time you use something simple.

• softlipe
    softlipe Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 14
    Options

I rarely use Team Viewer. 99% of the times I need to use it is to help 2 friends with severe vision impairment. They are my friends. They don't pay anything. I am not charging anything and never did to anyone. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for keeping blocking me. I am not sure what to say, sorry, I was trying to help them, and had to switch to [Third-party product].

• Kolby
    Kolby Posts: 1
    Options

Same problem bro. I'm getting mad with this company.

• TeamviewerUser902
    TeamviewerUser902 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Never did this before, does it every single time now when I try to help my dad via remote controlling his computer from afar. I have used the free version for years, now all of a sudden it blocks me out after 45-52 seconds. And then doesnt let me reconnect for another 2 minutes. But when I try to reconnect, it then moves it to another 2 minutes later. What a frustrating software with no live chat or customer service available. The exorbitant business licence price is not what we need for just me helping my dad once in a while. Why did it change? What happened?