Hopebond1_ Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited March 14
    Options

why does my free secession time out after a few minutes

• pedroborghi
    pedroborghi Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited March 14
    Options

I'm a free TeamViewer user, and lately, I'm getting a message saying that they notice I'm "using TeamViewer for commercial purposes". However, I access my devices only, for example, my desktop PC at the university, the laptops at my house and my Raspberry PIs. Then I'm getting several issues connecting to them, including being blocked and constantly timed out.

• westwindrkv
    westwindrkv Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Why am I now getting timed out and shut down?

Free account. About every six months or so, I have to verify that this is not a commercial account and only used free for friends and family.

• westwindrkv
    westwindrkv Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Tried to go to the reset page and submit another reset but after filling out the form, I tried to click on the download pdf button but it never does anything there.

• SimonJay
    SimonJay Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Hello Community,

I have a question for you all. I have been using TM for almost 7 years now, with a normal free license. I used to join TM only when I have to help my mother, my sister or some friends who live far from me (we are in two different Countries).

Never had any issue. This evening I was trying to help my Mom who bought a new pc, so as usual I tried to connect to her new device. I get the connection but in few minutes (I guess less than 5) I am totally disconnected and if I retry the connection I have a popup saying that my license is limited and new connection are blocked for next minutes. If I retry later I can connect but again disconnected after few minutes.

At the top of my TM is clearly written FREE license.

Do you have any idea in how can I solve this? Tried everything also updating the client, but nothing works.

What is wrong? never happened something like that in years and I am not a user who uses TM so ofter, this is maximum 2 days a week for a couple of hours.

Any idea guys? I really need this for helping my loved.

Simon

• krupers
    krupers Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hello everyone, I am also having that issue but with a notice like that. I can confirm that I filled that form last time, because as an University Lecturer I have to connect remotely to my computer at the University as well as my other home computer and I have some devices I use frequently. Unfortunately I didn't know that I (probably) have to add to this for all IDs, not the primary one I am connecting from (not to), so this was my mistake. But now I can not resubmit this form and I do not know what to do :(

I already confirmed my personal use and I can confirm it again - there is absolutely no commercial use, but I think that I was stressed and filled the reset form wrong - this is the effect of my fault :(

Could you help me with that?

• TheStuffz
    TheStuffz Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I cannot even submit the request. It does nothing. I cannot leave feedback in the management console. It just says error.

All i use this for is helping my mom and my wife. 100% not commercial use.. this is not the first time I have had to do this either.

• Ccdrogan
    Ccdrogan Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I had this issue one time before and it was reset. Now when I go to do the reset it allows me to fill out the form, except I can only enter one user id (the add more id's button doesn't work), and I can not draw in the signature block at all. I tried this form in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox all with the same result.

My brother is a quadriplegic in a nursing home and I am the only person who can assist him with his computer, so it is time sensitive!

• Scott720
    Scott720 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

This seems to be a common issue that has just cropped up (again?). Disappointed that no one from TeamViewer has AFAIK responded with an acknowledgement or fix or something. Or sent out email.

Many users aren't aware of this discussion group and are totally left in the dark.

I know, it''s free, but...... thanks.

• Agasnine
    Agasnine Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

@JenW I am having the same issue as the others in this thread. How do I go about being able to submit the form again?

• bjtech
    bjtech Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Very frustrating!!! Have used TeamViewer for many years (a few times a month). Now it is trying to say I am using for a commercial account. No way to contact support! If this is their policy moving forward, the app will slowly fade away as people become too frustrated to use it.

• lmatko
    lmatko Posts: 1
    Options

Teamviewer is locking me out for "commercial use". I have only use it to connect to either my other desktop, which is 1 foot way from my other desktop and is not connected to a monitor, or when I helped my father with a computer issue for all of 5 minutes. I cannot submit a ticket because I am a free user.

• kger
    kger Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

• LordZero
    LordZero Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited March 15
    Options

I have 4 laptops over at my dad's that I help him with upkeep using TeamViewer. I also use TV for myself to keep my NAS backup storage systems up-to-date and patched. I use an 8-port Drobo Pro, and two 4-port Synology NAS systems to backup all of our data. Especially my step-mom's pictures. She would defenestrate me if I lost those.

I've attached all my personal laptops along with their TeamViewer ID #.

• LordZero
    LordZero Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

This has happened to me once before back when I had to put Microsoft Intune onto my personal cell phone so I could use Company Slack and Outlook on it. I was not very happy to have to put the Company Portal App on my own phone.

• Wild_Willy
    Wild_Willy Posts: 1
    Options

I have just discovered that my phone has 2 different TeamViewer IDs. There is one ID in the Remote Control app on the phone. This is the ID that appears in the connection message on my PC when I start controlling the PC from my phone. Then there's another ID in the Host app on the phone. This is the ID I must use when I want to control my phone from my PC. These are different IDs. I was unaware of the fact that my phone has 2 IDs when I requested the reversal of the false commercial use detection I got a few days ago. I just got the confirmation E-mail saying my IDs had been reactivated, but when I tried to connect from my phone to my PC, it still said it was suspected commercial use, which it most decidedly is not. So after I discovered my phone has 2 TeamViewer IDs, I thought I would just file a new request to reactivate my IDs & add the third ID. The problem is that every time I try to get the web site to show me the form for reactivating the IDs so I can specify all 3 IDs, the site just resubmits the faulty request I made a few days ago with only 2 IDs. It just keeps generating the PDF with only the 2 IDs in it. And I don't see any way to just E-mail my request to somebody inside the company so I can add the third ID to my reactivation request. I'm hoping a TeamViewer employee reads this & posts something to help me.

• austcacti
    austcacti Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi I been flagged as commercial again . When i sign into support to download the form its tells me my support ticket has already been submitted. Its very frustrating

• Cheddzz
    Cheddzz Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 15
    Options

Is this seriously the only way I can get support for this problem? It seems there is no guarantee TeamViewer are even going to check the forum???

I use TeamViewer to look after my parents and mother in-law's PC.

Recently I got a "Commercial use detected", and a direction to https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/#

Filled in the form, and apparently unlocked.

Yesterday I try and connect again, Commercial use.

1. Did they even test this feature, whatever their detection is, **bleep**.
    2. From my phone, the message says "You will be disconnected in 5 minutes". 1 minute later locked out. 5 MINUTES???
    3. Try and reconnect and it says can't reconnect until after time X. Wait until after that and it just moves the time.
    4. I gather all the IDs from my PCs, parents PCs and the in law and aim to submit the reset again with more detail. The **bleep** thing automatically submits the same request as last time, no chance to enter details, just "Thank you, your request was submitted successfully." and the same PDF.

Seriously, this **bleep**. I tried to raise the above via a ticket, but apparently and ironically because im not a commercial user, I can't. Help!

• Maagdenberg
    Maagdenberg Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 15
    Options

I have a free account but TV keeps restricting my sessions because they assume I am using it commercially (unfortunately needing to help my ex-wife remotely with laptop issues and administration). Can't seem to reach TV though because I have a free account. How to proove my non-commercial use then??

• Hyzenthlay
    Hyzenthlay Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Hello. I use Teamviewer as a private user to connect to a couple of family and friends, like 3 or 4 people, who know very little about computers to help them with their usual issues like today "Chrome is displaying a blank page". I receive no money for any of this, and the use is sporadic. A couple of those people live far away, but are good friends for many years, but now I am being told it seems I am using the account for commercial use, which I am not.

I first tried the customer support, and they told me to submit a ticket as I am a non-commercial user. I then tried the ticket and it told me to post on the forum. Before this, I tried the recommended route and tried using the reset management submission form, filled it all out (after changing the language to English, as in Spanish the form doesn't even appear), click on the "Generate and upload PDF" button, and... nothing... nothing happens. I have tried this on different browsers on 2 different laptops I have, and I can't get it to accept.

So here I am, on the forum trying to fix the account, which I made a new account, as the original one I couldn't remember the password and I am not receiving the password reset email (no, it's not in the spam folder), and with a 70 year old uncle that doesn't know how to fix the lack of Google start screen on Chrome.

• olw
    olw Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Hi

I have a free version and only remote support my family - however i'm disconnected after 50sec. - and teamviewer tell me that this is commercial - thats is not correct ???

• ctransom
    ctransom Posts: 1
    Options

I needed to reset my 2 computers for personal use. This worked with the Teamviewer reset management. I forgot to also include the Teamviewer ID for my iphone but I can't get back to the form to request a reset for my phone ID. The message keeps telling me that I have already submitted the form, but this was for the reset on my 2 computers. How do I get back to the form to reset the ID on my iphone?

• Peterhman
    Peterhman Posts: 1
    Options

I also cannot access the form to correct the ID I submitted

• Dumaine
    Dumaine Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

WOW...I come here and search for the infamous "Commercial Use Suspected" and see so many with the same issue. It has to be an issue with the sercive itself.

My 3 home ID's were reset yesterday and I still get the message when trying to access my mom's and very good friends computers. Please fix this !!!!!!!!

• n0smx2
    n0smx2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I'm a private user connecting my laptop to my desktop accessing my HAM RADIO software for hobby use. Now TEAMVIEWER drops after a couple minutes. I sent a request for help but nothing. Am I doing something wrong ??

• Queenscorpions
    Queenscorpions Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 15
    Options

Hy , i did reset m licence to free use after "comercial use detected" but i forgot to add all my ip's of my pc's in that form. Now i try to reset one more time the free use licence and when i try to complete the form , i enter my email and password and i cannot complet the form because it only show me to download pdf generated for my archives. How can i reset all and complet the form with all my id's ? Please help

• lugeno
    lugeno Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Same issue. I do not use TV for commercial purposes but a session expires for time out after less than one minute.

Tried to log out and reconnect but with no results.

How can I fix it?

• Lowry2019
    Lowry2019 Posts: 1
    Options

Me bloquea la conexión porque dice que he superado el plazo.

No me deja conectar con un familiar.

• anaprim
    anaprim Posts: 1
    Options

At some point I started getting the Commercial Use detected pop up. It also limit my usage to 5 min which is really annoying. I'm using it strictly for personal stuff to manage few other systems in my home and one Win system in my mother in law home, cause she is too old to do it herself. There is no support for free accounts... Anyone can help?

• joesig1
    joesig1 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I received a message saying that "I am suspected using TeamViewer in commercial or professional environment”. This is not the case. I'm am not using TeamViewer in commercial environment. I never had done so. I’ve been using TeamViewer for at least 10-years to access my PCs throughout the house. I have four PCs in different rooms on which I want to share files. I’m going on 83 in two months and can’t get around like I used to. Everything I do is for my own personal use. About 2-5 years ago I was getting this message and my account was repeatedly locked. I don’t remember how I did it, but I was able to write a lengthy explanation of how I use TeamViewer. As a result, they unlocked my account. This happened several times over the years. Then it stopped. I thought they had fixed their algorithm; however, now it has started again and I can’t seem to find any way to communicate with them. Does anyone have an answer on how to resolve this issue? A phone number or support email address would be SOOO helpful!!