Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• bunholder
    bunholder Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I am not sure what made team viewer think I am using it commercially but I'm not and I don't know how to get this error to go away. And since I am a free user I can't contact anyone. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

• Sandra51
    Sandra51 Posts: 1
    Options

I haven't used TeamViewer for several weeks, possibly months, but after a brief connection to my friends PC earlier this evening it disconnected me and when I tried to reconnect it said I was blocked for 2 minutes, after the time passed I tried again and it said i was blocked for a further 2 minutes, this happened another 3 times before I gave up.

Why has this started happening?

Thank you,

Sandra

• Kilo
    Kilo Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I had a personal free licence and I use it to connect to family members computers to help the disabled members. Now it has cut me down to 5 min usage and nothing has changed in the last 12 years.

Why is it saying I am using it in a commercial setting. I do not make any money, and I am not a business?

• paulg78
    paulg78 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I had the same problem connecting to my dad's computer today. It times out right away and then makes me wait until some future time to try again. I wonder if they have terminated free access or if the computer thinks I'm using it for commercial purposes (even tho I'm not).

• joellen616
    joellen616 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I hadn't used teamviewer for a while. Today I need to help a family friend and it didn't go as planned. I was able to connect, but after 15 minutes was disconnected. I tried to connect again and it said I couldn't reconnect. In the past I was able to help family and friends no matter how long it took. Is the new free version limited as to what it can do? I would like use teamview to support my family and friends when needed.

Any help would be appreciated.

• TV_user_3023
    TV_user_3023 Posts: 5 Newbie
    Options

Look at the top post in the forum Team Viewer Remote -- General

about account flagged as commercial use. There is a link provided to request account reset for free personal usage.

• Kilo
    Kilo Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

This is insane, and they will lose loyal people for no reason. People who are innocent and have been with them for years. I only use TeamViewer less than 20 minutes here and there in a month, or whenever vulnerable people need help.

What on earth has happened to TeamViewer. They used to be good.

Never made a penny or did any commercial things, literally my pc helping family. I am so disappointed.

• Dhamma
    Dhamma Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I have been using Teamviewer to help my students. It has been very helpful. Recently, my account has been wrongly identified as commercial use. I use Teamviewer only for personal use without any commercial purpose. How can I rectify this. Thank you.

• 4cycle
    4cycle Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

My spouse got a new PC and I've installed TeamViewer and when I connect, I get a license issue message (see attached). I've used my login on her TeamViewer, but it doesn's seem to make any difference. I did NOT have this problem with her old PC.

I have gone through all the settings and have migrated her PC to my account.

I've run out of ideas and would appreciate some help to resolve the "commerical use" notice as it is NOT commerical, its family just my spouse and myself.

Thanks in advance.

• Youngie_72
    Youngie_72 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Hi

I am getting the error saying your livense limits the maximum duration to a partner. I have never had this error before. I have a free license for personal use. It is timing out after a couple of minutes.

• moritz1704
    moritz1704 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Hello, I have a bug where my session disconnects after a few min. At first I thought it was a problem with my free licence but I checked online and it showed ok. A few months back I got suspected of commercial use because I use it nearly everyday for school. I submitted a reclaim and got accepted. It worked great for like a month and now I have this disconnecting issue.

• shablamy
    shablamy Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Same problem here.. been using TV for years and now you need a license to log a ticket. Looks like I'm moving away from TV and finding another solution for personal use

• RRA
    RRA Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

High,

I have filled sucessfully the form asking for the reset of 2 ID's (commercial used suspected) and I have received a positive answer saying tha the requested ID's have been reset.

But i use 2 other ID's that appear to need to be reseted also. So I tried to fill again the same form (https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset/) but after the identification process I got a screen saying "Thank you, your request was submitted successfully". On this page I found no link to enter again in the filling of the form.

Thanks for helping

• sonfrau
    sonfrau Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

I've got a banner alerting about a commercial use but it's incorrect. How could I revert that message? Thanks and regards

• Hamm
    Hamm Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 18
    Options

I have just realised I missed adding an ID in the "free use reset" request right after I click the "generate and upload" button...

Does this adversely affect my request?

Is there any way I can amend(add the ID back?) or re-submit for clarification?

Side note: I have stated the situation of my personal use clearly.

• Jose_N4BAA
    Jose_N4BAA Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Hello - For the last 5 years I have been able to operate remotely when away from my home. My account (one of the three computers I use) was flagged for "commercial use" 2 weeks ago and I submitted the non-commercial use statement via TeamViewers' process. Nothing has been restored.

I have 2 computers in the SAME room and one is still able to be remote into, but the other one is still not allowed. This makes no sense.

What can I do to restore my ability to remote into my computer (Free account) without being flagged incorrectly? I am NOT making money and I TV should be able to look at my log in and use history to confirm this.

Happy user for over 10+ years...but now that I travel more, I need even MORE to be able to get into my home computers.

Thank you,

Jose

Indiana

• Fozzie2121
    Fozzie2121 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I am having the same issue. Need to re-submit form again as did not clear but will not allow me to. Keeps saying form is already filled out and only let me download the original form I submitted. Please reset account or what needs done.

• kvshah_1980
    kvshah_1980 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited March 18
    Options

I have subscribed for personal use of teamviewer liscence then too its not working  and showing its free version only

• PH13PH
    PH13PH Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited March 18
    Options

Hello, So recently Teamviewer has flagged my account as suspected commercial use. I am using this software to connect to my own personal home PC for the purpose of managing my games library on steam while I am away from home. I have filled out the PDF request to reset the account and have gotten an email saying my account has been reset. HOWEVER, The ID number that was reset in the title of the e-mail was not one that I put in on the form and is not mine! I tried going to the reset page again to fill out a new form as suggested in the e-mail but the only option I have is to download a copy of the form I had filled out already with no oppertunity to fill out a new form. How do I go about resolving this? I am unable to chat with support or even put in a ticket as I have a free account and those options are only for paid commercial accounts. I understand that TeamViewer may wish to only offer help to paying customers. But I have tried the steps they suggest to get me up and going again to no avail. Has anybody out there had a similar issue or provide any guidance or suggestion as to how I can continue to use my account as a personal user and not the commercial user they think I am?

• jabril
    jabril Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

hello i am unable to use free teamviewer

• MsTS
    MsTS Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

It is super frustrating to have to randomly have my ID's rest then deal with a 30 second connection, which makes no sense. I see that other's have questioned about this issue, but am not seeing the actual answer/solution to this issue. Can someone point me to where I can understand how to stop this 30 second connection ??? I have already done the RESET so that's not it.....

• RSandler
    RSandler Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

I've been using TeamViewer to support my daughter and my wife. Some time in the last 60 days, something happened and I can no longer connect to them.

• tmking86
    tmking86 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

i have the same issue. Looking forward to finding a solution. Apparently only "paying" users are given support from Team Viewer.

• Scatsis
    Scatsis Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I have the free version, as I only use Teamviewer to help my sister with her computer. It now logs me out after 5 min saying I'm a commercial user. What happened?? How can I get the free version back?

• Scatsis
    Scatsis Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I tried to send a ticket, but that doesn't even work.

• Jay125266
    Jay125266 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited March 18
    Options

I was recently falsely identified as a non individual user. It is not the first time this has happened. From the last time this happened it is because my computer I used to access my personal computers , is my work computer.

Because I'm a free user, i cannot submit a ticket to try and fix. So here I am. Please help

• Plymothian
    Plymothian Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue. I have messaged them through X. Don't know if I'll get a reply there.

• apara
    apara Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited March 18
    Options

It does not look like TeamViewer really cares about their free tier customers. And why would they? You are just a bunch of complaining leachers to them.

I had the same issue. I posted a question. I was WARNED for posting a question. I filled the form, but ran into a second issue since I didn't list all the IDs. Now I cannot augment the form and add additional values. And why do they ask for all the IDs anyway? I have an account all of them are in the account. Why not make it easier just ask for the account name if one exists and look it up there. Clearly they don't care. I can't add the IDs. I can't use the product. This **bleep**.

It's clear to me that TeamViewer cares more about trying to get the penny out of their customers instead of figuring out how to fix the issue. Just look at the size of the thread and how long it has been going on. Clearly the license detection is not working but they don't care. If they cared this and the inability to change the form after submission would have been already fixed.

But there are options. [removed per Community Guidelines]

Good luck everyone.

• apara
    edited March 19
    Options

[removed per Community Guidelines]

TeamViewer is just not working for me anymore.

• apara
    edited March 19
    Options

[removed per Community Guidelines] can viewer is not working for me anymore.

I can't augment the form to add more IDs. It's just not working.