• Howdy
    Howdy Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

Where is the answer to the problem

• mobilemarrow
    mobilemarrow Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 20
    Options

team viewer commercial use dected, i have filled out the rest form how ever!! it happened again and im not able to fill it out again and i have cleared histery and cache also tried multiple browsers and this problem has been going on for a couple of months, support doesnt do anything as im not a paid member i have been using team viewer for more than 2 years!! all of my remoteing in is personal use! when im home and my laptop is at my dorm in college and orrr if im in college trying to remote in to my desktop and or my familys devices!!

https:// teamviewer.com/en/reset-management

• mauibound
    mauibound Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

OK, I think I have figured out what's happening. On the 'reset management' page it asks for the TeamViewer Id (or Id's). I put in my Id, and then continued down the page with the rest of the information requested. No joy, nothing happened when I clicked the 'generate PDF and submit' button. SOLUTION: just below the field where it asks for the Id, it says "click here to add Id". I assumed that this meant additional Id's. BUT, if you click here, you'll see your Id gets populated in a field just below. You can then go up and add additional Id's (in my case, several computer Id's on my home network), and after each one, clicking on "click here to Add..." adds these to the list. Once this was done and the rest of form filled out, I clicked on the 'generate PDF and submit' button, AND IT ACCEPTED IT! (and I got a notification that my request would be reviewed. So, be sure to click on the blue field just below TeamViewer Id, and it will probably work for you too! (no more hamster on the wheel stuff!!)

• Ry1
    Ry1 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 21
    Options

Hi there, I use teamviewer to access a few home computers, but nothing that I need to upgrade to a licensed version. I keep getting plagued with the pop ups that commercial use is suspected when it's not, it seems they're just trying to get me to buy a license, Which makes no sense in my situation and is insanely overpriced for what I need. I am not receiving any compensation from my home use. I don't even have the option to submit a ticket that I'm not using team viewer for commercial use anymore. If teamviewer sees this please fix this, so annoying.

• mauibound
    mauibound Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Ry1 --> simply go to the www dot teamview dot com slash en slash reset-management (they won't let me post a link since I'm a newbie) and fill out the form as mentioned in my previous post. Good luck!

• RazZzri
    RazZzri Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I'm having trouble retrieving my free version, I can't submit the form. It always shows error (2). I tried 4 browsers, different device, but the result is the same. i need help please

• Kutil_CZ
    Kutil_CZ Posts: 1
    edited March 21
    Options

On https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/ page I don't see reset form, but the download button. If I click on the button, the PDF from previous filling starts download.

I tried 5 browsers, you have to login, so after that the problem is linked to my account and door is closed for me.

I am not able to fill the non existing form, so I am not able to reset my non-commercial license.

Can anybody help me, please?

• Sec
    Sec Posts: 1
    edited March 21
    Options

I have a personnel account but it keeps telling me I need to upgrade and locking me out any idea how to fix this please

• gipsea
    gipsea Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

HI there, I'm stuck in the same situation for few days now. Mistakenly enough I did not list the local ID because I thought it was an issue only with the remote pc home.

Cheers

• User12347809
    User12347809 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Almost identical to what I'm going through. I have a PC downstairs but that's the only difference.

And yet, TV kicks me in seconds.

Also trying to help my mom who is learning the Adobe Suite, but needs assistance the professors sometimes don't give.

But wait! Apparently assisting my mom is commercial-use.

So home-inside-home is commercial use, home-to-parents-home is commercial use

At this point, WHAT THE HECK IS ACTUALLY ALLOWED?!?!?!?!?!

• wilderja
    wilderja Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Suddenly today, 2 PC running Teamview Free tells me "You are using TeamViewer in a commercial setting" when I'm not. I only cnnect to maybe 6 -10 family PCs. How do I fix this? If I use the web interface instead of the application, it works fine. Just the app seems broken.

How do I fix this?

Many thinks in advance for your help.

Jim

• stuartm2032
    stuartm2032 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited March 21
    Options

My account was (for the 2nd time) tagged as possibly a commercial account. I ONLY provide support for my daughter, parents & sister. I submitted the reset form for my ID, which was approved. However, when I connect, I STILL get kicked off after 5 minutes and have to wait up to 5 minutes before connecting again for another 5 minutes. When I submitted my form, I only included my ID. Should I have included all ID's? If so, how can I submit them. When I try to submit a new form, it only gives me a .pdf of the original form submitted.

This is getting really frustrating. Teamviewer used to be a great solution, but now it seems to be getting much more non-user centric unless you pay for a commercial license.

Any help would be appreciated.

• User12347809
    User12347809 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Almost identical to what I'm going through. I have a PC downstairs but that's the only difference.

And yet, TV kicks me in seconds.

Also trying to help my mom who is learning the Adobe Suite, but needs assistance the professors sometimes don't give.

But wait! Apparently assisting my mom is commercial-use.

So home-inside-home is commercial use, home-to-parents-home is commercial use

At this point, WHAT THE HECK IS ACTUALLY ALLOWED?!?!?!?!?!

• stuartm2032
    stuartm2032 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited March 21
    Options

Thank you .Carol.fg. for responding. My e-mail address is [removed per Community Guidelines]. Would you also need the ID's of others that I support (family members ONLY).

Thank you.

• Mattsean0823
    Mattsean0823 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I use the free teamviewer for personal use. It keeps timing out every 5 min. How do I stop this from happening?

• vsa1234
    vsa1234 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited March 21
    Options

I just use for personal and help some friends of discord, why this happens?

• Jonnybg
    Jonnybg Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 21
    Options

Hello,

I want to ask why it kicks me out after a few minutes and says timed out?

I use program for my PC and laptop and my father’s 2 laptops.

is it normal to kick me out or i have some issues

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• warnito
    warnito Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I have a free account but when i access the remote computer, it's only letting me on for less than 1 min. I'm trying to help my dad on his computer. This is the only thing teamviewer is used for. It's not worth me spending $50 a month to do this. how can i resolve the issue?

• Dumaine
    Dumaine Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

About now I am just interested in knowing if anyone has actually got straightened out. I was reset twice and still get the message

• Karen_L_1949
    Karen_L_1949 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited March 21
    Options

I have had the Free Team Viewer for a number of years. I hadn't used it for quite awhile until today,, March 21, 2024. I contacted my remote person and she allowed me. The program started up but only ran for a minute or two and then shut down. It blocked me for a couple of minutes. I tried again, and it did the same thing. How can I get the program to stay up and connected? I am not commercial, or shouldn't be. I am helping older people out of state with a photo program and computer issues from time to time. Please help. Thanks.

Karen Lowery

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• dramz1
    dramz1 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited March 21
    Options

In the past, I had verified that my TV account was for personal use. I had submitted a letter affirming this.

Now, It's back to telling me that commercial activity is suspected ...etc.

How can I keep this from occurring?

• Tubalcain2024
    Tubalcain2024 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I’m having the same issue, the form doesn’t work in Windows 11, Manjaro Linux, Linux Mint, MacOS Monterey, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Edge browsers. You fill out the information sign, click the boxes and the generate and upload PDF doesn’t do anything.

• UPSRA
    UPSRA Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 22
    Options

Since few days i am having issue using TeamViewer for personal use. It says that is has detected some business related use which is not correct

• edwardheo
    edwardheo Posts: 1
    edited March 22
    Options
    The same problem occurred 3 months ago with the same device, but it was resolved through the TeamViewer reset site. However, I have been requesting commercial use of the TeamViewer reset site for almost a week now, but it has not been resolved.

• kenzoviski
    kenzoviski Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

For some reason I'm only able to use TeamViewer for 5min and then the app disconnects the remote connection.

I only use TeamViewer for personal access to computers (mine and family), but it seems TeamViewer now forces users to buy a subscription.

Does the "free" TeamViewer version only let you stay connected for 5min at a time? If so, I'm uninstalling this software and moving to other solution, after of years and years of using it.

• Smop
    Smop Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 22
    Options

Bonjour

I have been using a free licence to connect remotely to my home PC when abroad for some time. Or to my mom's tablet. I average less than 10 connections per year, but recently I started getting an error message that I need to upgrade to a professional account and my max session duration seems to be near 10 seconds. I kept using the old interfsace, tried upgrading my client, but I have no access to my host to upgrade it or to complete my session.

Have I done something wrong?

• lacoste01
    lacoste01 Posts: 1
    Options

Hi,

I have contacted and the team via:

a few times this week, I have not heard a response.

I had the issue last week and they got back to me and confirmed that I am a private user. (the reponse was quick).

Account still is marked as commerical.

If I can get any feedback?

• Leo_001
    Leo_001 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I use TV only to bring backup personal files to my outdoor (backup) PC.

It went right for along time but recently TV was updated and now this message appears.

I don't see any commercial uses because the files and pc belong to me and TV provide only

a distribution line.....

Am I Right, that this contains no actual commercial use?