Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• neXus2000
    neXus2000 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

Commercial use started few days ago, I've contacted support via mail and the only thing they did is to send me generic answer with link to reset form. The same form that I've already signed last year. That same signed form still resides there. I've checked that. And they sti do not give any response back about it, and I'm still stuck with that **bleep** commercial use message.

How did this happened in the first place, when my list contains few computers, which include my second PC, sisters PC, my wives father PC and my friend PC? I told them that several times and again same story. If I signed something, that should be a type of contract.

• kinyond
    kinyond Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I keep getting disconnected from remote saying it is commercial use. I have a free version and all computers are my own or family members. Any solutions on how to fix this?

• MarkParrish
    MarkParrish Posts: 1
    Options

I've been using TeamViewer for personal use for a couple of years. About 3 months ago I was forced to create a TeamViwer account which I did. Now I keep getting kicked out of any remote control session within minutes after connecting even though I'm signed in.

• Occ74344
    Occ74344 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 27
    Options

Looking for answers to this as well. Except, mine times out at like 3 **bleep** minutes. So much for free personal use.

• terrymoore54
    terrymoore54 Posts: 1
    Options

Hi i am having problems with helping out my family and a few friends with team viewer. about 2 weeks ago i got a message that team viewer has timed out and the session had ended. well today i tried again with my friends computer and i got a message that i am using tem viewer commercially. well this is not true. My friends and family all reply on me to clean up there computer and to make sure they are safe. we are all over 65 years old and some cant afford to have someone fix there computers that where i come in. I do it all for free because of being family or friend. they are not computer savvy. please restore my team viewer. any thing you could tell me on what i may be doing wrong to make you think that i am operating commercially would be appreciated. thank you please help.

• deathteye
    deathteye Posts: 1
    edited March 27
    Options

Since I am not doing commercial work, I am unable to pay for the existing license and when I access my free account with my smartphone, I am unable to connect because it is a blocked device.

Please let me know if there is any other way to purchase a blocked device other than paying for a license.

• Lemagex
    Lemagex Posts: 1
    edited March 27
    Options

Hi, I use teamviewer to control the pc's in my house as I use them for accessibility and cannot be in front of them constantly.

I have had a reset licence request in since sept and am unable to update it as the page just says that it's still there and i can download a pdf for my records. As there is no competitor software to my knowledge what can I do? I have never used teamviewer for anything other than controlling the PCs on the same LAN and occasionally to help my mother connect stuff to her PC (Which I believe still falls under private usage? or am I wrong here?) As there is no chat option for free users this feels very anti consumer.

Is the only path forward to contact the ACCC or is there a contact method for Teamviewer that I'm missing? Thanks.

• dušan123
    dušan123 Posts: 1
    Options

Good day. Due to the change of laptops of my friends, the number of connections has increased. I am actually using the free version for my own use and not commercially. I connect to a maximum of 3 laptops. Now my connection drops, probably evaluated as commercial use. I am requesting to restore the functionality of the free version. Hello dushan123

• PKPK
    PKPK Posts: 1
    edited March 27
    Options

Why is my account flagged as commercial?

• BobT123
    BobT123 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited March 27
    Options

This is really annoying. It's my home PC where I help my family when I'm on the road. Why does it think we are commercial?

• BobT123
    BobT123 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Options

It also says the connection will only be good for 5 minutes, but it disconnects after 2 minutes. And then it says it blocks reconnects for 5 minutes, but then after 5 minutes it keeps blocking reconnects again.

I don't want to distract from the main issue (this is my home computer!) but all of this is so extreme...

• MrAgapi
    MrAgapi Posts: 1
    Options

Good morning TV.

I use a license free account. even that appears to be I do help users in need that issues on pc. I do not charge anything for my help, ask for money, or need to. i just sit and help gamer when have problem with a computer. i have done this for the last 7 years.

There is a way TV can help me on this so i can continue helping others free of charge?

If not, i can understand i just find another way to help users on a control manner and few friend and 2 family members

have a wonderful week .

• GMT_100
    GMT_100 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi. I can connect my Macbook Air to my office PC on the office wifi or my phone hotspot .

However when I go home and use the home wifi or through my phone hotspot it dosen't let me and says

The partner is connected to the internet.

Any help please. Thanks

• patbe60
    patbe60 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 27
    Options

Hello

I always will be disconnected after one minute, when I try to support my father. Is TeamViewer no longer free?

• Domine86
    Domine86 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 27
    Options

Good morning, I have a problem with the free license. I have been using teamviewer for many years by connecting from the app on my phone to my home PC. Recently, the "license for commercial use" message appears on the app and therefore the session will last 5 minutes. Why does it detect commercial use?

• topguntrader
    topguntrader Posts: 1
    edited March 27
    Options

hello teamviewer saying i need a license...i only use it one my 2 pcs and they always ( or almost always) have same ip address and Machine name/id so not sure why one of the machines keeps saying i need a license i never connect to any other machines

• Krudag
    Krudag Posts: 1
    Options

i have the same issue. I have 2 PC's requiring remote support, for which I receive no renumeration. I now can only access each device for 5 minutes due to an arbitrary "decision" from TeamViewer that I am a "corporate" user.

• Bodsterbug
    Bodsterbug Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 27
    Options

What a **bleep** this is now! Deleting off all my devices. Customer support just takes you to a non related page. Used to be good. Now I will have to find another way of sorting out my elderly fathers PC when he has issues. Goodbye Teamviewer

• dt2k1
    dt2k1 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

User of free license for personal use only. Use teamviewer for helping friend and family with PC issues. I can only stay connected for 30 seconds or so then connection timeout msg.

• Omarfarag
    Omarfarag Posts: 1
    Options

i need to change my use to personal use not commercial

• yokack
    yokack Posts: 1
    Options

Since some weeks ago, I can't use team viewer since it keeps logging me out from all my sessions after 60 s. Can you kindly let me know how to fix this problem?

• Junior88
    Junior88 Posts: 1
    Options

Hi, have a problem where my account is flagged for commercial use. I just use it for remote controll my personal computers when i travel. Hope this can get solved quickly. Thanks

• pfcoop
    pfcoop Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I am a Canadian user and having these disconnecting issues as well. My ISP is Eastlink and I have near GB speed. I'm on windows 11 and just trying to setup free teamviewer to help family and friends. I was previously having good success (windows 10) by me logging in to my account and just having family member start teamviewer and give me their pswd over the phone. Now I have not even been able to stay connected to devices in my own house to test things out. Please help or point me in the right direction.

• SoLEyes
    SoLEyes Posts: 1
    Options

Hello, i have the same problem.

I am a User of free license for personal use only, using teamviewer for helping friend and family with PC issues. I can only stay connected for 30 seconds or so then connection timeout msg.

• jonnyitalia_Laptop
    jonnyitalia_Laptop Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I try to help my wife use remote to my own comuter ... but the system say I'm using it commersial

• splashbit
    splashbit Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited March 28
    Options

The teamviewer says I'm using the tool as a business but I only use to help my family and want to know how can I get again that the software works with the free license.

It let me connect for some seconds and then close the connection, when I try say that I have to wait for some time.

Can anyone help me.

• Giulio1005
    Giulio1005 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 28
    Options

369 / 5.000

Risultati della traduzione

Risultato di traduzione

good evening, a few weeks ago I tried to connect to a computer remotely, but it wouldn't let me connect because it thought I was in a commercial business, given the urgency I activated the free trial, but I don't know now how to connect since it continues asking me to activate a commercial license, even trying to connect to a computer at home

• brat_casey_1972
    brat_casey_1972 Posts: 1
    Options

im having the same issue what do i do???

• ruslan2517
    ruslan2517 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hello. I use a free program for personal purposes. but lately I started getting an error about exceeding the limit. maybe this is some kind of mistake.😕

• Jto
    Jto Posts: 1
    Options

Am I considered commercial use when I am trying to connect to my home computer from my computer at work? I'm not using it for business or anything just accessing my home computer from time to time? I keep getting flagged.