Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• aboogaard
    aboogaard Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

The most I use Teamviewer for is my checkbook is MS Money and if I am not home, I used teamviewer to enter transactions into my Money account. I also use it to help my friends when they have problems with there computers. The 5 minute limit is a shocker and makes the app useless. And for some reason, I have been suspected of using Teamviewer commercially. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Listen, I have used Teamviewer for well over ten years. To have you make the changes you have and to be accused of commercial use without any proof is absurd and insulting.

I have told many potential commercial users about Teamviewer because I was given private use of the app. Makes me feel like you have new owners or some programmers needing to feel useful.

Thanks for taking away a useful program that you had provided free and leaving us hanging.

• NMFD
    NMFD Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi, great to meet you

I recieved a message that I only had 5 min. left, since comercial use was detected,

I can honestly say , I wish it was for comercial use, but I'm just helping my mother, who is 81 yo, and lives by her self, in a different country

I'm not sure how TW detected my comercial activity, but they are wrong!

Thank you for listening, and have a pleasant day.

Fabricius

• drsena
    drsena Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 29
    Options

I have been identified as a commercial user though I still use it fro non-cmmercial user

• ConeWH
    ConeWH Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Options

I had to reload my PC. When I did my TeamViewer ID changed. I use TeamViewer for personal use. I submitted the new ID for my PC along with the old ID and asked that the new ID be authorized. I had to do this once before and I thought I received an email when I submitted the information. I have not received any emails, is this correct?

• aboogaard
    aboogaard Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I think they are just fooling us. Teamviewer has turned into a useless app. Unfriendly and not responsive. And now the free version has a 5 minute limit. What the heck has happened to our formerly great Teamviewer program?

• ConeWH
    Options

I am confused.

I am running Windows 11. When I run TeamViewer I run it from a second desktop (2) on the same PC. If I run TeamViewer from desktop (1) it does not display the message that I am using it for commercial purposes. If I go to desktop (2) and run the same link for TeamViewer I get a message that I am using it for Commercial purposes. Why, there is only one copy of the software and both have the same IDs?

• gibhenry
    gibhenry Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 29
    Options

I have never contacted TeamViewer support because I appreciate the free-for-personal-use version.  However, it appears that you suspect I’m using it for commercial purposes.  That is NOT true.  I am in Italy and want to connect to my home desktop machine. Please let me do so; I can NOT justify a paid subscription.  User ID is [removed per Community Guidelines].  Thank you!

• JanGunheD
    JanGunheD Posts: 1
    Options

What makes you think I use my free account commercially?

• neXus2000
    neXus2000 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited March 29
    Options

I think that we'll never get answer or any fix from here. Teamviewer team and/or CEO/Board became very evil on this matter. Even greedy, based on other forum topics and even people who pay have problems with TW (auto renewal and so on).

As annoying it can be, myself included who even signed document on reset page, which was last year, they still have the balls to put my ID as suspected commercial use. And I even didn't added anyone in past few years since I initially added one friend and family and my second PC.

Also 5 minute message, actually timeout in about 30 seconds.

It is time to move to another software with same abilities.

• ConeWH
    Options

I have a feeling I am missing something.

December 12, 2023 I submitted a request to have my status changed to Personal Use. Because I had to completely reload my PC my ID changed. Now I am getting a message that my status is not Personal Use. When I did this in December I received a .pdf file that had all of my IDs and I had to sign the file. I am not receiving this when I submit the reset form.

Am I supposed to have a .pdf file to sign?

• Mpcsmits
    Mpcsmits Posts: 1
    Options

I am a free user, using TV for several reasons, but always for private matters. Somehow one of my devices has been flagged as commercial. I had the same issue with the same device a long time ago, but that was solved by your support department. As a free user, I am no longer able to submit a ticket. So how do I get this resolved?

• ALuk
    ALuk Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 1
    Options

I'm a retired pensioner with a laptop who once or twice a week helps another pensioner with an old laptop. Have done so for quite some time. Why is TV saying it is commercial. Makes no sense at all...

• Judicator2
    Judicator2 Posts: 1
    Options

I love the factss the PC's in my own house/ same IP are all being flagged as commercial usage…. Slowly migrating to Chrome desktop tho not close to TV as i have been loyal to for a long time. Having to run around my house and reset ID's every few weeks is getting old.

• ronenfe
    ronenfe Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options
    1. Connection is said to be limited for 5 minutes, but it disconnects after few seconds up to one minute
    2. It gives a wrong error message upon disconnect, just saying connection timed out when it should say it got disconnected due to suspicion of commercial use.
    3. When clicking more info, it doesn't show any info, just redirects you to buy a license.
    4. After disconnecting, this message appears but the time shown there is wrong. If I try to reconnect after this time, it just shows a new time. It can take like an hour to be able to connect again.

5. Suspicion of commercial use is decided with a wrong logic, and blocks legit amateur users.

6. I have a bookmarked computer which I can't find a way to convert to a managed computer.

Those don't seem like bugs made by accident but a fully aware product decision to let them out and in my opinion very bad one to let such bugs get published.

• Merhere
    Merhere Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I’ve been using teamviewer to order groceries for my 93 year old mother. Now TeamViewer keeps cutting off the connection with the message “this looks like a commercial account.” No verification… they just pull the plug.

Could it be because I use VPN?

I’m testing other connection options, but this is the one she knows. I hate to change it.

If TeamViewer doesn’t want to provide free accounts for uses like this, I wish they would just say so and not cut us off in the middle of a grocery order.

• AlanBatten
    AlanBatten Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited April 1
    Options

Hello. I am trying to help my 92 year old father with problems he has due to poor eyesight and lack of IT skills. I had used teamviewer but for some reason they have decided I am using it in a commercial environment so will not allow we access for more than a few minutes.

I myself am also retired and neither of us have any commercial interests

I have filled in the online form 3 times requesting that they mark me as non commercial so I can reuse my free license. I get no response - not een an acknowledgement.

Is there anyway out of this ?

• RuneMason1
    RuneMason1 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 1
    Options

There used to be a form to fill out to fix this issue. But there isn't. Any help would be wonderful

• Mr_L98
    Mr_L98 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same problem

• Mr_L98
    Mr_L98 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same problem

• ConeWH
    Options

I finally found what I was looking for. I am submitting a request to have my ID added for personal use. I have done this multiple times.

I thought in the past that I had received a .pdf file, which I now know is correct. The problem is I never receive the link to download the .pdf file. I have tried this on two different PCs and two different browsers can you tell me if TeamViewer is having a problem or do I?

• Lajti
    Lajti Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited April 1
    Options

Hi, I use my account to my parents helping. Even I haven't launched the teamviewer for weeks, now suddenly it sais "commercial use suspected" and I can only use it to 5 minutes. Why? How can Identify myself as free user license eligible?

• Lajti
    Options

ok, i found this post:

Tried to request reset there, I hope it will works. However I still don't know, when I not started for weeks the program, then why it suspect commercial usage, that no makes sense.

• cjdavis
    cjdavis Posts: 1
    Options

I'm having a similar issue; older father, poor eyesight, limited tech skills, have always used teamviewer but suddenly sessions time out after minutes, are blocked from reconnecting until specific time (that changes) and once established are problematic (can't change resolution, parts of screen are chopped off, etc.)

• Lajti
    Options
  • Lajti
    Options

Maybe a post from here helps?

"The sequence of events is -

Go to reset management

Please log in with your TeamViewer credentials to start the reactivation process. Click Here to Start

Login to Your Account

[Instead of getting the fillable form the following is displayed -]

Thank you, your request was submitted successfully. Please download the generated PDF for your records. Download PDF.

[And if the downloaded for is from the original request]"

• AlanBatten
    Options

Thanks.

But once I to the step:

Login to Your Account

it just opens a new tab and there are no longer any reset options

The reset tab just takes me to the online form (which teamviewer never respond to)

• AlanBatten
    Options

so in addition to my previous comment I never can get to a stage where I get :

Thank you, your request was submitted successfully. Please download the generated PDF for your records. Download PDF.

• RobbieB76
    RobbieB76 Posts: 1
    Options

I am a free user, not running a business. I just use it to try to help friends when they have computer issues or don't know what to do. I have been flagged for commercial use for some reason, and because I'm a free user, I can't submit a support ticket because I have no invoice number. This is terrible.

• rccrouser
    rccrouser Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I am not sure what you guys have done to this program but I have been using it for years to help my mother with her computer. Now that she absolutely needs me to be in her computer because she cant describe whats on the screen correctly I AM NOT ABLE TO USE IT. I need help but I'm not allowed to get help. German based company treating older people like this got it message received.

• dberger
    dberger Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 1
    Options

I only use Teamviewer for connecting to my mother in law's computer. Today I was knocked off after 60 seconds with a message that said this was suddenly a "commercial" session, which is just not true. How do I get that turned off? I also have a another account that is a paid subscription so i know the difference.