Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• Compulynx
    Compulynx Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Done with Teamviewer. First, they screw up the interface with a horrible revision, and now they are saying I am commercial use. I ONLY use it to connect to my home PC from my beachhouse.

Goodbye forever Teamviewer. I am removing it from my 2 PC's and phone and will find something more like what Teamviewer USED to be.

• TheKing84
    TheKing84 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hello, the program has been detecting a fake commercial license for days, inhibiting the use. I have the free version used to connect with the pc at home, can you check? Thank you

• marger
    marger Posts: 1
    Options

Hallo, same issues here. I've sent a request for reset my account for free license use but received only the answer, that I should fulfill and sign off a declaration, which can not be downloaded. Anyone does succeeded to find the asking declaration?

• olethingsted_1951
    olethingsted_1951 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 4
    Options

after having Reclaimd my Free Version of teamviewer, hov long time pass before i get an answer

• Toy4Rick
    Toy4Rick Posts: 1
    edited April 4
    Options

TV kicks me out after about 1-2 mins then displays the message in the subject.

It just started doing this last night, didn't do this about 3 weeks ago when I used it

I don't use it for commercial use in any way, in fact only support by 3 brothers, nothing else

The SW says it's the free version

I submitted a ticket to TV to reset my account from Commercial to personal or am I missing something else?

Thanks, Rick

• TheRidgeback
    TheRidgeback Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited April 8
    Options

I only use team viewer to log on to my imac, my wifes pc and my parents computer.

It recently said that it detected commercial usage and blocked me,

so i followed the reset procedure with all of my id's

But its still kicking me after 4 mins and 1min cool down on my wifes laptop.

And my account still says its free.

Is it time to scrap teamviewer and move over to **Third Party Product**?

• unhappyTVuser
    unhappyTVuser Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I have the same question. I think you guys really screwed the pooch on this.

• unhappyTVuser
    unhappyTVuser Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

It's obvious this problem has been ongoing for YEARS (since 2020 at least, but maybe beyond), will it ever get corrected? I've completed and submitted "the form" more than a few times the past few days and the only message I've seen is a thank you for submitting. Nothing further, zilch, nada.

• norfleet
    norfleet Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

hello trying to connect phone to pc all i get is time out over and over i just cant conect anymore before the last updates it was wokring for years no issue even on another pc to pc alll i get is time out pls advise why?

• el_chazmo
    el_chazmo Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I have reset my commercial usage 5 times in the past couple of weeks.

Every time I connect from my android phone... It's commercial usage.

Any ideas? It's very frustrating.

• sberger11604
    sberger11604 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 8
    Options

While I was able to have my free personal-use Teamviewer (TVW) license restored, the family users that I connect to simply don't have the capability to jump through the hoop of keeping their licenses free. They are not computer-savvy and thus the entire reason for my use of Teamviewer in the first place.

As a long-term user of TVW, I didn't appreciate the accusation of my using the software for business. Never have. Not in 15 years. User data would have supported that, had it been looked at. Instead, I'm accused, curtailed, and denied access, in return for 15 years of honest use and a LOT of word-of-mouth recommendations.

The approach Teamviewer took on license enforcement has allowed me to fall through the crack as a customer. I can't get my users free-licensed and I can't afford a professional license for family matters. Today, I've shifted to **Third Party Product**.

• Leepylee
    Leepylee Posts: 1
    Options

I constantly get "Suspected commercial usage" notification on my account, i've reset it 5 maybe 6 times and it pops up pretty much instantly. It says "Free version on the software" any assistance would be brillant as it cuts me off during support with family.

• BobL1952
    BobL1952 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

Probably never. At least I am waiting now for almost a week for an answer.

Maybe they are now aware of the issie and try to have it fixed, or TeamViewer forgets all the loyal private users giving good reviews and make other commercial persons buy a TeamViewer License

• Charley000
    Charley000 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

After several years of using TeamViewer when I travel to visit my son, grandchildren, on vacation, etc., suddenly they decided I was using it for commercial use. I have been retired for years. I tried to tell them I wasn't using for commercial use. They send an email with a link to form to fill out. Unfortunately, the link was a bad link that is not reachable.

I have tried several times from the website, by email, by phone etc. to reach someone to get this resolved. I GET NO RESPONSE.

I would consider paying for it if the price was reasonable. But to use a few times I year when I travel to access my home computer to get at my emails, pay some bills, etc.?

Any way to get in touch with TeamViewer?

• BobL1952
    edited April 8
    Options

I have had this once before and that thing was fixed within a day.

This time I am waiting for a correct responce now for almost a week.

I moved to **Third Party Product** although I prefer the TeamViewer way of working more.

But when it does not work, it does not work and then finito TeamViewer 😝

• eyurtese
    eyurtese Posts: 1
    Options

I have the same problem. The worst is that there is no way to contact TeamViewer and explain this. I just went to app store and gave 1 star review. It seemed like that's what I could do only.

• MSN_GOU
    MSN_GOU Posts: 1
    Options

I am only trying to help my family, but TV states that I am using it for commercial purposes, and limitates to around 1mn of use per session... how do I get out of that?

• AmenAbdulwahab
    AmenAbdulwahab Posts: 1
    edited April 5
    Options

Hi guys!

Can someone tell me how to get rid of this limitation?

• davideval
    davideval Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi, I have the same problem!

• BobHails
    BobHails Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Same here!

• BobHails
    BobHails Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Looks like a lot of people are encountering the same problem. TeamViewer doesn't seem to be in a hurry to fix it.

• greg54js
    greg54js Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

So I legit use TV for family computer management. My parents are in their 60's and they don't do technology well. So I have been using TV for the last couple of years as I am not close to them to drive over and take care of things. So today, I have to help my mom with her FB password and I get the notification I am doing commercial use stuff and will have to spend 50 bucks a year to continue to maintain my family's computers.. **bleep**.. I am not paying for that so what is the deal here?

• ohiodriver
    ohiodriver Posts: 1
    Options

I have used TeamViewer for 15 years I connect to one friend's computer he has 3 and I have connected to all 3 but 99% is to his main computer. now it flags me and cuts the connection after 5 min. and then I tried to chat and it hung up on me and sent me chasing through a bunch of useless help pages

• Jeanmarcn
    Jeanmarcn Posts: 1
    edited April 8
    Options

Hi all

It seems that TeamViewer is tired of letting us, small users that are trying to help family members, use it without paying for software.

I say ok cool we'll use **Third Party Product**, at least it works for more then 5 mins

JM

PS: it was working great then they said "here is an upgrade go ahead and use it" now I'm stuck with the commercial use screen when I try to connect to friends or family. Not cool, really not cool.

• amuror
    amuror Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hello i am here again;

i installed a minecraft server to play with my friend on another machine inside my house ( and again the commercial use stuff come out) can you fix this ? i already compiled the reset request and add all my team viewer usually use;

Verify your stuff and please free me from jail as its another machine inside my house not somewhere else; i could just get up and go in the near chair to do stuff xd but as i said up and before , i am old and lazy to do this :\

Can i know at what point is my ticket to check / no commercial use and reset and get rid about the messages and timeout ? :O

thanks

• el_chazmo
    el_chazmo Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited April 5
    Options

UPDATES: I have reset all applicable IDs (not account) 5 times in the last week. Any time I connect from an android phone... Commercial suspected. No idea what to do. Does anyone know why, even after resetting, it gets flagged again straight away?

• redavenger
    redavenger Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited April 8
    Options

what **bleep** is going on teamviewer? i have a android phone and it says i am using teamviewer commercially. And when i tried to reset it i got a rejection email, with a link that does not work.

please fix this up.

• Kenwy
    Kenwy Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

same for me... and i'm using the program to connect only to 3 pc's, maybe someone will can help us

• BobL1952
    Options

Today I had an answer from TeamViewer.

Yehhh, they did reset my ID, thank you TeamViewer!

It seems to be important that you enter ALL ID's (up to 10) you need to work with TeamViewer.

Ij your ID has been reset, but the ID of the PC you contact with is still known as commercial user you still will get the message "commercial usage"

Stay hopefull and describe clear and honest what you do.

But remember that TeamViewer uses a tool to check what you do and can get confused again.

Also contacting home and office PC's or using it for a non profit company will be noted as Commercial usage.

That is written in their explanation

• Ew_2024
    Ew_2024 Posts: 1
    Options

Hello. I have a free license for private use. I only use it to help 2 elderly people with their computer - updates and more. Lately I find that I get a timeout very quickly. How can I fix it so I don't get kicked off all the time.