Sometimes you may be asked to locate your TeamViewer log files and send them to TeamViewer to help solve a problem. You can submit them to us with a ticket from www.teamviewer.com/support.
Please note that we always need the event protocol of both partners. Additionally, we need the approximate time when the problem occurred.
Depending on the operating system, the log files can be found in the following storage location:
1. Open the TeamViewer window and click Extras > Open Log Files.
2. Locate the file called "TeamViewerXX_Logfile.log", where "XX" is your TeamViewer version.
3. If there is also a file called "TeamViewerXX_Logfile_OLD.log", please include this too.
The relevant information and logfiles are stored within a ZIP file. The file can be created via command line.
1. If asked for log files, run the following command (with root) on a command line:
2. Please send us the ZIP file