Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

@snik777 I'm not sure about the OS you're running in the Amazon server but here's what they say about running TV on a server OS: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-exactly-is-quot-personal-use-quot-defined/ta-p/4712#toc-hId-**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**

Moreover, as you say you profit (or at least attempt to gain profit) from this TV usage so I don't think it'll qualify as free / personal.

• @Jackgioia wrote:

Good morning,
    I am a private user who sporadically used Team Viewer free, for strictly personal use and never for commercial purposes.
    For several days I can not connect in remote access and is blocked, perhaps by mistake.
    I kindly ask you to unlock my ID ... so that you can reuse your great product again. Thank you. Looking forward to a favorable feedback, I offer
    With best regards

Jack

Ok ... Thanks for your answer

• tonaz
    tonaz Posts: 14

Hello, i got a connection timeout and subsequent message after reconnecting:

a.jpg

Looks like the cause is that TW thinks i am using it for business in a business environtment.
    Which is not the case, i just use it to connect from my workplace pc to my home personal pc.

not business related. How to fix this?!

• Hello:
    Years ago I use Teamviewer for very specific cases, such as file transfers, since a few weeks ago trying to use it I get a sign that says "Action Required: Teamviewre is being used commercially by you or the remote partner, Your session will end in minutes"
    I have contacted Teamviewer staff and they have told me to explain in this community what is happening to me so that the technical support send me a form stating that the use I am giving to Teamviewer is not for commercial use and so they could use it. to unlock.

Thank you very much and I hope you see help.
  • Cool. Did you have to do anything on your end, such as log out and back in or reinstall the software?

• When i connect to my another computer (on home obviusly) i used for remote control, and transfer files when computers ON HOME.

Im not used for comerce. And now say "using as commercial".......and no are real.

I used this software from years ago.............

please, fix. Thanks.

• PierGiorgioMisl
    PierGiorgioMisl Posts: 2 ✭✭

Good morning,

I have the free plan on TeamViewer and I use it mainly to control my home PC when I'm not at home, both via my telephone or with the first computer I find.

I also randomly connected to one or two of my friends's pc.

Recently my teamviewer started stopping my connection after 1 minute and I have to wait 15 minutes to reconnect for another minute, why? 

Thanks,

Pier

• Hello

I have the same problem with TV 14 .....

Paul (France)

• Also for me... 

• Hello,

unfortunately I'm among the large group of users who use TeamViewer for personal use but got the "Commercial Use Suspected" pop-up and subsequent limitation to 1-minute sessions and 10 minutes of wait between sessions.

I've read carefully TeamViewer's definition of personal use (https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-exactly-is-quot-personal-use-quot-defined/ta-p/4712) and I fully qualify.

I subsequently filled out the form here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

But I've havent't heard from TeamViewer well after 7 days. Can someone help? Do someone at Teamviewer actually get back to you if you fill out the form? Does it work?

Thank you

• pv7721

@Alissa actually nobody can help you or us, not even TV themselves, they won't reply you'll have to check if they've lifted the warning... 

And it also seems that going back to version 9 won't help, I had the warnings, session cuts and blocking by 2 minute periods... and a message that the version is going to be deprecated by the mid of 2019.

• I see, thank you for your reply. I will miss TW, unfortunately I cannot use alternatives because the pc I use during the day is blocked, so it's either TW or a certain messaging software that comes with the office suite...which I'm using right now, and to call it laggy is being generous.

I just wonder if I have to take what TeamViewer says about "suspected commercial use" and their intention to do right by their free users at face value or not, I mean, is there someone whose "supected" limitations got lifted and never returned?

The sad thing is, I would pay for this service but they have no plans for individual users, only subscriptions that make sense if you use it commercially, not for playing youtube videos. It's probably more profitable this way for TeamViewer. I don't see a solution, really.

• Hello,
    Since you have switched to version 14 I can no longer enter my mother's PC (being of a certain age sometimes impales the pc)
    and not even in my house (I take files when I forget them)
    because after 10 seconds the connection is disconnected.

Why? do you think you use the product on a commercial level?

• Buongiorno, io ho sempre usato il tuo software nel massimo rispetto dell'uso personale, non trovo giusta questa tua accusa 

• Hallo @Natascha ,

ich warte nun seit knapp 4 Wochen auf eine RÜckmeldung! 

Was ist den bitte so schwierig daran meine lizenz auf normal umzustellen???

Kann man mich bitte endlich freischalten!!

Denn langsam stimmt eure aussage das Teamviewer für den Privat NON Kommerziell gebrauch gratis ist nicht mehr zu!!

• Since at least one week, my free account is blocked because TeamViewer think of a commercial use.

I have all my usage for familly, so  it's a real free usage.

I tried to post the form at https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected but each time I post the form I come on a success page but never received the confirmation mail like it was in the past.

Does the form post really something ?

Am I Alone in this case ?

• fje
    fje Posts: 21 ✭✭

You aren't, you aren't.

The problem is that nobody knows who read the form and when or which method do they use for decide if they unlock you or not.....

What they say one should check some days after sending the form if they unblock us or not.... Days? Weeks? Nobody knows....

Good luck

• Well,

Last Time I ask for reset  I received a confirmation mail and this time I never received one. I wonder if the the miss of mail is normal.

Last time it's took 2 weeks for resetting.

• pv7721

@fje : oh but they do read the forums :) but just to eliminate any mentions to TV alternatives :D

• Ich nutze Teamviewer seit Jahren privat, um meinem Vater mit seinem Laptop zu helfen. Nun auf einmal fliege ich nach kürzester zeit raus bzw. Teamviewer beendet sich automatisch und es kommt eine Meldung: Verbindung ist nach Timeout gesperrt. Es ist auch private Nutzung hinterlegt. Wie bekomme ich das weg, damit ich Teamviewer wieder normal nutzen kann und vorallem länger als nur en paar Minuten.

Danke für eure Hilfe

Eure Manu

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi Manu,

Danke für deine Nachricht und willkommen in der Community.

Welche TeamViewer Version läuft auf deinem bzw. auf dem Rechner deines Vaters?

Bekommst du die Meldung auch nach einem Update beider Rechner auf TeamViewer 14?

Danke und beste Grüße,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Really rubbish! I have a person at the hospital and I am told to "play fair" while I always use it personally !!!!!
  • Hi,

i use tw since many years and previous versions on the same pc hp workstation on win7 pro

i've an issue since few days on the last v14 release.

when i try to lauch a presentation and wait for a distant connection invitation, i've a issue message under one minute time waiting.

in french :votre session teamviewer a dépassé le temps imparti et va se terminer"

i think the en translation must be like "your teamviewer session has run out of time and will end"

i've checking the advanced option: "active session timeout" and it's set on inactive. and this parameter doesn't change anything to my issue.

here under my error message screenshot

any ideas?tv14.jpg

thanks

• Hello

I had have an answer....

it's a new algorithm that survey the time of connection .... if it is too long it shuts down the connection 

Paul

• PierGiorgioMisl
    PierGiorgioMisl Posts: 2 ✭✭

Ok, but.. one minute?

• marcrebet
    marcrebet Posts: 2 ✭✭

hello,

I have a message that I am suscpeted to use team for commercial usage. In reality, it is for personal usage. How can I do?

Please thanks for help

best regards

• bonjour

je suis dans le même cas que beaucoup d'entre nous

ceci en deviens **bleep** !

surtout que si on regarde les logs, une très grande partie de mes appareils sont chez moi, donc, avec mon adresse ip !!

j'ai déjà éta débloqué le le 13/07/2018 pour le même problème (j'avais ouvert un ticket à l'époque on teamviewer aidait les personnes qui n'achetaient pas les licences, ce qui n'est plus le cas aujourd'hui)

l'argent, toujours l'argent

j'ai recommandé teamviewer à des dizaines de personnes, quand on voit le résultat aujourd'hui, c'est décevant

pour l'instant, j'ai trouvé la solution [link removed per Community Guidelines] qui ne fait pas tant de défiance mais je préfère quand même mon teamviewer, j'espère alors que vous allez pouvoir me faire débloquer

merci d'avance

edit = with google trad

Hello

I am in the same situation as many of us

this becomes painful!

especially that if we look at the logs, a very large part of my devices are at home, so with my ip address!

I was already unlocked on 13/07/2018 for the same problem (I opened a ticket at the time we teamviewer helped people who did not buy licenses, which is no longer the case today 'hui)

money, always money

I recommended teamviewer to dozens of people, when we see the result today, it's disappointing

for the moment, I found the solution [link removed by Community Guidelines] which does not make so much defiance but I still prefer my teamviewer, I hope then that you will be able to make me unblock

thank you in advance

• pv7721

En fait si par exemple tu as 3 appareils chez toi et tu ouvres 2 sessions en parallele depuis une machine vers les 2 autres (ou bien une rapidement apres avoir ferme la premiere, pouf t'as le warning).

• tonaz
    tonaz Posts: 14

i did the persnoal use verification, but still get no anwser and still cant use TV