Unable to connect TeamViewer V8 Win10 to Win10

Antix
Antix Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

I am unable to establish a Team Viewer connection between two computers that are both running Windows 10 and Team Viewer 8.0.226330. When I attempt to connect I receive the following error message...

"The remote Teamviewer is running an old version which is out of date. Therefore you cannot connect to this version anymore".

I performed some connection tests using my old laptop which runs Widows 8.1. I can connect from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1, and from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 successfully. It is only when I attempt to connect between two Windows 10 machines that I am unable to connect.

If (as the error message states) the version is out of date and cannot be connected to... then none of my machines should be able to connect to any others, because they are all running an old version that cannot be connected to.

The fact that my version of Team Viewer can connect without issues except in the case of two Windows 10 computers, indicates that this refusal is intentional on Team Viewers behalf and an attempt to get me to give them more money.

Can the version 8 server be configured to establish connections between two Windows 10 computers please? I cannot think of any issues that would be present allowing two Windows 10 computers to connect to eachother.

Comments