Chromebook as Client

My account is [the personal information has been removed as per the community guidelines. ]

I have navigated to [the personal information has been removed as per the community guidelines. ]  on a windows machine and successfully downloaded the Quick Support module. 

On a chromebook I have installed the TeamViewer app for ChromeOS.

When I run the QuickSupport module on the Windows machine, I get a line in the service queue in the Management Console on my chromebook.   

All ok so far.

But when I click on the Connect button I get something flash up and then nothing else happens.

Any help gratefully received.

Tagged:

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @edsyrett 

Could you please provide some screenshots before and after the issue;

Also, which version of Teamviewer do you have in both machines?

Please make sure to hide all your personal info, like ID, password.

Thank you

• edsyrett
    edsyrett Posts: 4

This is what the client looks like.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pCl85lPXZGI3Xa8yI3ei9oX86JuB6d0O 

.. and a movie of management console when I try to connect.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D5diFfoPh4l76pXQ2ZYFUtLVEKqRA3EC 

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @edsyrett 

From the video, it seems that after pressing the button the app is trying to communicate but something blocks this action.

I suppose you are running this on the Chrome browser and I suggest you do some steps on it. Except for this steps, it will be nice if you could download another browser like Mozzila, Opera, etc.

Whell, here are the steps:

• Disable your antivirus temporarily
    • Clear Chrome cache and cookies
    • Reset Chrome settings to default
    • Disable Chrome extensions
    • Try it in another browser

Please let me know if one of this solved it for you

Best regards

• edsyrett
    edsyrett Posts: 4

Hi,

As it says in the title, I'm running the management console on a chromebook, so some of your suggestions are meaningless:

• Disable your antivirus temporarily - there isn't any antivirus on a chromebook
    • Clear Chrome cache and cookies - I did that, made no difference.
    • Reset Chrome settings to default - I'm not too sure what you mean by this.  I haven't changed any settings in the browser so I suspect they are at default already.
    • Disable Chrome extensions - I haven't tried this one, Zoho Support works with all my extensions, so I'm not going to try this one.
    • Try it in another browser - I can't - its on a chromebook remember?