Help setting up "Unattended Access" or "Easy Access" for family tech support

Hello there,

I'm hoping a picture is worth 1000 words...(see image below) and that solving this family setup will be helpful to other personal users who help their family as well. 

My sister and I use TeamViewer to support our Mom's technical issues and help find files on her computer. We usually connect with the random PW that is generated by TeamViewer, and which changes over time. Our Mom is going to spend 2 months with her parents (my grandparents) in another state, but will still need access to her computer, and my sister and I will need access to help troubleshoot or find files for her while she's away. 

I've already set it up so that I have unattended access to my mom's computer using the Personal PW we setup. I want to make sure my mom can also have unattended access to her home computer from my grandparent's computer while she's down there. But I want to make sure we don't remove the ability for her to call up some other tech support team, to access her computer ad hoc with a random password (so NOT giving tech support unattended access). 

Is this possible? What settings do I need to go through to:

- Ensure I have unattended access from my computer to our mom's (this is already done)

- Ensure my sister has unattended access from her computer to our mom's (use the same Personal PW after inviting my sister's email/TeamViewer account to our mom's computer, like how I set mine up?)

- Ensure our mom has unattended access to her home computer from her parents' (our grandparents') computer. Does she login to her same TeamViewer account on the computer down there? 

- Ensure that none of the above, takes away the ability for non-family to connect remotely using a different/random password?

My sister and I would also like to be able to connect to our Grandparents' computer while our mom is down there, in case she has any technical issues we can assist with. But we can just use the same process of calling her to ask for a random PW to connect while she's there. Unless someone has a better/more elegant solution. 

Thank you so much!

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 5.41.57 PM.png

Comments

• dlea
    dlea Posts: 1

didn't help, am disabled and need to be able to have total access to my home computer even if I am under care. Need step by step instructions, it used to be simple but the newer teamviewer doesn't make it easy.

• jgt1942
    jgt1942 Posts: 44 ✭✭

dlea/eds817 >> Did you get the issue resolved? You should be able to do as you desire. If you still need a solution I think I can help you. I'm not a TV expert but usually manage to get what I need. I'm willing to try and help you.

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,592 Moderator

Hi @eds817,

Thank you for posting on TeamViewer Community and the diagram is definitely helped 👍

I hope I have understood the scenario correctly that you(A) and your sister(B) would like to set up unattended access to both of parent's (C) and grandparent's PC (D), and other technicians would also have standard access at the same time.

I would actually recommend Easy Access and Group Sharing this time, which allows you to setup easily 😊

Kindly check out the steps below: ate a TeamViewer account by clicking on Sign up

1. Create an individual TeamViewer account separately for you (A) and your sister (B)
    2. On device C, complete Easy Access on TeamViewer with your (A) TeamViewer account, then save the device C into your Computer & Contact lists (A) with an unique Group name (X),
    3. Add your sister's TeamViewer account (B) as a contact into your Computer and Contact lists (A)
    4. And share the group (X) to your sister (B), then your sister should be able to achieve Easy access to device C

1. Repeat the same steps with device D and your sister's account (B), complete Easy Access on TeamViewer with your sister's TeamViewer account (B) , then save the device D into the Computer & Contact lists (B) with an unique Group name (Y)
    2. Add your TeamViewer account (A) as a contact into your sister's Computer and Contact lists (B)
    3. And share the group (Y) to you (A), then your should be able to achieve Easy access to device D
    • The connections between devices C and D can have the same setup as above or with unattended access.
    • The connections between devices C and other technician, D and other technicians can perform as normal with random passwords.

Sorry for the long confused reading but I would really hope that you would understand the setup and get the benefits out of the connections.

If there is any step you are unsure and unclear, feel free to drop the question below.

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员