How to cancel my order

Answers

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @catsys

Thanks for the input once again. I have already forwarded your feedback internally.

I understand your point and I would like to let you know that we take feedback very seriously as we are always striving to improve our services. We welcome any additional feedback you may have. 

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance. 

Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • TeamViewer Business 가입 라이선스 번호:**Information removed as per Community Guidelines** I wan to cancel it. Thanks a lot.

• j4756
    j4756 Posts: 1

When I filed the ticket last November for my unsubscription, I could not get any response. Also I sent several emails before my license expires to service@teamviewer.com but I never got any response. So I disabled my credit card not to authorize the renewal and signed out the Teamviewer account, now I am getting a mail from CreditReform on debt payment. I am so frustrated. I sincerely hope Teamviewer customer service does better than this.

Now I am looking for submitting a ticket again but now it directs the website www.teamviewer.com/support and I have been circling in this website for hours. I really hope the customer service PM me to resolve this.

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠

Hi @j4756,

We are sorry to hear about it.

In this situation, please call our support team instead of raising a ticket. Our support team will help you to investigate it further.

Kind regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • TEAMVIEWER payment and subscription management is the biggest joke! It's now 2020. I should be able to log in, see the services we pay for and manage them how we see fit. Holding customers hostage and asking for a ticket 

• HI Want to Cancel my Subscription for a full Refund.Please guide me to cancel it.

• Hi,

I received an automatic renewal for endpoint but I want it cancelled as I don't use it.

Can you please process its cancellation?

thanks

• Yuri_T

Hi @lavenderpup ,

Thanks for your post.

Regarding TeamViewer subscriptions, we are not able to cancel your subscription in the community.

The license does renew unless cancelled prior, as stated on the bottom of the original invoice. Please raise a ticket in order to request a cancellation so our support team will give you possible solution for you. 

We thank you in advance for your understanding.

Kind regards,
    Yuri

• Jkosiaski58
    Jkosiaski58 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 2023

i want to cancel.  cannot find where to cancel on website and phone reverts me to here

• dexxx
    dexxx Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 2023

WATCH OUT FOR THIS COMPANY

They do everything to not cancel your subscription!!!!

I have posted support ticket to cancel subscription, and then support guy told to show him payment confirmation without this he won't cancel subscription !!!!!

IN WHAT LAW??

TICKET NUMBER 

[removed per Community Guidelines

• joebean750
    joebean750 Posts: 1

How do you contact customer support to open a ticket.  The links seem to take you in a circle when trying to reach them and I am unable to get support on the phone.  I do not even own a business.  Trying to cancel this service to stop them from billing my credit card.  They are taking money from Veterans.

• We have not used our license for over a year, and did not realize it was an automatic renewal... Actually we haven't used the license since we purchased it because it didn't work for our intended use... I would really appreciate a refund or a cancellation of the invoice we've been sent... this is a little ridiculous.

Thanks. @Natascha 

• yyaooo
    yyaooo Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have purchased a Team viewer on 2019 Feb. My account never became a licensed account. where resulted i can never submit a ticket. after waiting for 1 hour on the line I finally give up on the software. A year later a debt collector sends me an email and states I owe them $62,000. Anyone else has a similar issue. Trying to file a case with the better business bureau.

• yyaooo
    yyaooo Posts: 2 ✭✭

Let me know if anyone has a similar issue. 

• Yuri_T

Hi @yyaooo

Thank you for your post and we are sorry to hear about your negative experience.

Unfortunately, we are unable to affect or provide direct support in cancellation or licensing issues here in the community, for security purposes. However, I can check your current status if you could send me your invoice number via a private message.

Regarding TeamViewer subscriptions, the license does renew unless cancelled prior, as stated on the bottom of the original invoice. For more information, please read the article

I apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you in advance for your understanding.

Kind regards,
    Yuri

• johnk3
    johnk3 Posts: 2

I wish to cancel my subscription. When I try to submit a ticket the website tells me my password is wrong. Tried it several times, always the same thing. Same password logs me on here fine. When I click on "forgot password" I get no email.

This is the sort of behaviour you expect of a service haemorrhaging users.

• johnk3
    johnk3 Posts: 2

These instructions are out of date. There is no "submit a ticket" tab on the link given. The support page also does not accept my log in details. Additionally I am constantly being asked to verify my computer as a trusted device each time I try to log in.

This seems blatantly obstructive when it comes to trying to cancel my subscription.

• Yuri_T

Hi @johnk3 ,

Thank you for your post and I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I have created a support ticket so please check your email and reply to the ticket with your request.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
    Yuri

• I did the same, but they make it very hard to cancel an account. I still have yet to figure it out.

• I also have a problem canceling my subscription. I now receive an email from a debt collection company.  I want someone from the sales department to contact me at my email address.

• dvilla
    dvilla Posts: 1

Your link to open a ticket leads nowhere that you can open a ticket. there is literally nowhere on the site that you can open a ticket. This is a very frustrating customer service experience. 

• Helen7
    Helen7 Posts: 1

I agree and have had the same experience

• Bardi
    Bardi Posts: 6 ✭✭

Somehow I'm not surprised how many people come to this post.  I suppose there are a lot of unhappy Teamviewer customers out there, and I am one of them.  

I guess I'll be cancelling next year, too.  Enough of NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT, just lip service and, 'Oh, let me sell you another feature.'  

• The same thing it happening to me. Really is embarrassing that a prestige company use this kind of tactics to keep the clients trapped and get more money.

• This is a real Scam. they Charge you for next year of service and can't cancel it as they require 28 days cancelation it in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you don't need the service you didn't use it and they still charge you for it!!!!!!!!!!!What a great business model? why doest it take 28 days to cancel.

I wish this company to loose customers and busness. No company which charge you for no service should get our business.

• Lerwick
    Lerwick Posts: 4 ✭✭

TeamViewer have gone rouge with debt collectors, and their auto renewals - you are not alone.

In Australia "ACCC v JJ Richards and Sons Pty Ltd (2017) FCA 1224" is a precedent for unfair terms in business to consumer and small business contracts.

ACCC ruled that automatic renewal unless the customer cancelled the contract within 30 days before the end of the initial term was ruled an unfair term and unenforceable. This applies to customers who were consumers or small business (less than 20 employees). This ruling is based on the following legislation.

COMPETITION AND CONSUMER ACT 2010 - SCHEDULE 2 section 23

http://www5.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/caca2010265/sch2.html

This means that if TeamViewer pursued a claim, against an individual or small business for their automatic renewals, as they do, in Australia they are out of luck as the term would be unenforceable.

However it is a bit more tricky, as the TeamViewer End-User License Agreement. (the thing you click on when ordering) means that the agreement is made in Germany not for instance Australia. That means TV can get a court order quite efficiently (It is Germany after all) and you would then have two weeks to respond and say you will defend the claim.

Given that is unlikely, the will likely get an order for enforcement. However that order has no standing in, for instance, Australia. They would then need to sell the debt to someone in Australia who would then come knocking at your door. At this point the Australian laws kick as the claim would be under local laws, not German laws. So then the new owner of the debt can file a claim in a local court. And that's where the Australian ACL laws kick in and if your an in individual or small business the claim would fail as the ACL laws and case mentioned above would mean the auto renewal clause would be unenforceable (unfair term).

So if your in Australia, TeamViewer​ would still be out of luck, provided you are a small business or individual consumer.

• Lerwick
    Lerwick Posts: 4 ✭✭

TeamViewer have gone rouge with debt collectors, and their auto renewals - you are not alone.

In Australia "ACCC v JJ Richards and Sons Pty Ltd (2017) FCA 1224" is a precedent for unfair terms in business to consumer and small business contracts.

ACCC ruled that automatic renewal unless the customer cancelled the contract within 30 days before the end of the initial term was ruled an unfair term and unenforceable. This applies to customers who were consumers or small business (less than 20 employees). This ruling is based on the following legislation.

COMPETITION AND CONSUMER ACT 2010 - SCHEDULE 2 section 23

This means that if TeamViewer pursued a claim, against an individual or small business for their automatic renewals, as they do, in Australia they are out of luck as the term would be unenforceable.

However it is a bit more tricky, as the TeamViewer End-User License Agreement. (the thing you click on when ordering) means that the agreement is made in Germany not for instance Australia. That means TV can get a court order quite efficiently (It is Germany after all) and you would then have two weeks to respond and say you will defend the claim.

Given that is unlikely, the will likely get an order for enforcement. However that order has no standing in, for instance, Australia. They would then need to sell the debt to someone in Australia who would then come knocking at your door. At this point the Australian laws kick as the claim would be under local laws, not German laws. So then the new owner of the debt can file a claim in a local court. And that's where the Australian ACL laws kick in and if your an in individual or small business the claim would fail as the ACL laws and case mentioned above would mean the auto renewal clause would be unenforceable (unfair term).

So if your in Australia, TeamViewer​ would still be out of luck, provided you are a small business or individual consumer.

I notice also that TeamViewer​ actively prevents users from cancelling their subscriptions.

To submit a ticket to us:

just go to https://support.teamviewer.com/Log in with your licensed TeamViewer Account

"Note: If the account is not linked to a valid TeamViewer license, the support portal will instead load the TeamViewer Community."

Teamviewer disables overdue subscriptions even though they are renewed automatically, this means that a support ticket cannot be logged if TV auto renew and then disable the account (TV disables accounts overdue by 7 days).

Anyone interested in a class action against TeamViewer​? I am.

• It is not difficult to submit a ticket to cancel your subscription which i did.

However they refused to cancel citing their end user license agreement. I am one of those who did not read and assume i will be notification pior to renewal. just like dyndns, amazon or many others. Even if renewed, i am allowed to cancel or at least get a partial refund. Not for Teamviewer . They have just lost me as a customer.

• repeating **bleep**. 

Why you post almost the same post over and over again? There is missing info in your post and your support link DO NOT WORK!! 

If it feels like a scam it most likely is... 

Teamviewer is like a **bleep** page, they are also very good at hiding their cancellation process. 

Will never ever use again, time and technology has left teamviewer far behind.

• I am also trying to terminate my subscription. I have also generated the ticket. But I got no response. It's been more than a week.

Regards

Huda