Windows Server Essentials 2019 and TeamViewer

Options
jpazardj
jpazardj Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in General questions

Hello,

We plan to purchase Windows Server Essentials 2019 license for the purposes of our small business. However, we use TeamViewer for technical support, so my question is whether TeamViewer will work on this edition, knowing the fact that WS Essentials does not support RDS. 

Thank you

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• POSOFT
    POSOFT Posts: 1
    Options

Hello i have installed also this **bleep** of software (windows server 2019 essentials) and i can not login to server by Teamviewer until someone open RD connection. Server has no connected monitor, keyboard and mouse. RDP connection work but only 2 connection in one time. And without oppened RDP connection Teamviewer show me only black screen. If i open RDP connection Teamviewer show me screen. Is there any option or setting how to fix this?

Thank you.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,988 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @POSOFT,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

You need to enable the multi-user functionality to get it working.

We explain how to proceed in this Knowledge Base article right here: TeamViewer on Windows servers

I hope this could help. ?

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. ?

Stay safe and sane! ?

Jean

Community Manager

• gdiggs
    gdiggs Posts: 1
    Options

I looked under Extras/Options/Advanced and cannot find Enhanced multi-user support as an option. Start Teamviewer with Windows is checked but as soon as I logoff of RDP session via VPN and check the Teamviewer ID goes offline.

• AC_67
    AC_67 Posts: 1
    Options

Hello

I have the same problem with Teamviewer and Windows Server 2019: unattended access does not work. Someone should RDP to the server in order for Teamviewer to be online. If nobody logged in, Teamviewer goes offline, If RDP session is disconnected - it goes online. Teamviewer version 15.34.4. There is no option "Enhanced multi-user support" in the Advanced section