Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• QJTse
    QJTse Posts: 0

To whom may concern,

I am writing to update my situation in using the TeamViewer to remotely connect my computer. Recently, I have come across a problem that I was restricted to remote control my computer for less than a minute. It really puts me into trouble when I use the TeamViewer for personal use. I have been using the TeamViewer for a long time and feel gratitude for the convenience provided by the TeamViewer. However, I feel very disappointed and terrible about the limited connection. I hope can find a solution to fix this problem.

Looking forward to a reply.

Thank you!

• Hi I was using teamviewer in order to use my windows computer as a keyboard for my mac for some time. But after today my connection is always blocked ? Can anyone help me ?

• IVANJP
    IVANJP Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hi, not sure why my previous post was removed. But i am here again posting about the same problem until something gets done or any reply from the Dev/Mod team is appreciated.

For now whole day i cannot use Teamviewer with ease, as long as i am connected and within 5 seconds or so, it disconnects me with the message "Session timed out and will be closed."

I am not using this app for commercial use, just personal. I use solely to login to my personal computer, that is all.

Please assist me Dev/Mods.

Thank you in advance.

• yy115
    yy115 Posts: 0

I couldn't even see the remote screen and it said i've reached the time limit????

Kindly unblock my account as i've some files to be retrieved from my other pc

• Merlins
    Merlins Posts: 1

Please can someone tell me why I am getting this now??? How do I resolve?? It is extremely frustrating!!

Thanks!!

• Sabuz
    Sabuz Posts: 1

I cannot connect to my computer. I got kicked out everytime i try to connect.i am not using commercially. Please help.

• Sabuz
    Sabuz Posts: 1

I am getting this error too..

• stromberg
    stromberg Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have the same error on my main pc (on my tablet it works)... can't use it anymore.. so f* annoying!

• stromberg
    stromberg Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited April 2021

Every **bleep** time after 30 seconds, and then blocked....

WHY!?

• me too. I'm occasionally providing free remote support for the family. All of sudden, my session duration is limited to ca. 60 seconds or so and then I get kicked off the remote host.

Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license....

• Dear All,

I have a free licence, but now I was informed that it looks like that I´m business users. Now I´m not able to use teamviewer

With whom can I discuss it it is not true and they should give me back my free licence.

Thank you for your help

Best regards

Feri

• DBquick
    DBquick Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited February 2021

Hello,

I hope you are all fine and healthy!

Today, I have installed TeamViewer (free license) for a first test on my computers. In general, I am very happy with the product, but I have recognized that the connection closes itself after 30 seconds. Reason for that: Timeout of the connection.

Do you have any idea how to fix it? 30 seconds is really short to test a remote control software.

Thanks!

Edit1:

a reinstallation is not fixing the problem and I have for sure a free license! Furthermore a commercial use is NOT suspected

• DBquick
    edited February 2021

Hello,

I hope you are all fine and healthy!

Today, I have installed TeamViewer (free license) for a first test on my computers. In general, I am very happy with the product, but I have recognized that the connections close themselves after 30 seconds. Reason for that: Timeout of the connection.

Do you have any idea how to fix it? 30 seconds is really short to test a remote control software.

Thanks!

Edit1:

a reinstallation is not fixing the problem and I have for sure a free license! Furthermore a commercial use is NOT suspected

• DBquick

Same problem here!😬

• I just used to use Teamviewer for private purposes.

But when yesterday, every connection showed the messages below.

I tried to remove Teamviewer and reinstall it, but things have never changed.

I have never tried to used Teamviewer for commercial purposes.

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

Hello everyone.

Thanks for your post.

The following article will walk you through the process: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/38-how-can-i-link-to-teamviewer-from-my-website

This feature is usable by both free and licensed users.

Here is a direct link to the page where you can create it and copy the html: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/company/badge-generator/

Hope this helps!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• FloMUC
    FloMUC Posts: 1
    edited February 2021

I experienced the problems described above as well: "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits [...]"

I'm especially disgusted, that there is ABSOLUTE ZERO TRANSPARENCY in this message:

• Neither a REASON given ("commercial use" is NOT mentioned anywhere).
    • Nor a link/help how to RESOLVE the issue. (Leve alone, that block until times are incorrect.)

IMO it's a very shallow way of trying to trick users into payed licenses? IMO that will hugely backfire.

BTW: I also use TV on work (totally different machines/accounts); that was the reason I installed it for private use in my home too, as I already was familiar with the software.

Guess, what will happen, when the (100+) prof. licenses need to be renewed? If this issue (described in this forum) isn't resolved quickly, I will definately speak out in our company to switch to a competitor software.

I don't like to do business (nor be involved in any way) with a company which:

• is 0% transparent
    • seems to assume I'm cheating
    • lies to me (it says, it's free for personal use; but I just waste time with a non-functional software - with the time wasted I could easily afford a couple of licenses)
    • tries to lure me into giving them money with cheap tricks.

Either fix these issues QUICKLY or I will predict you will lose quite some PAYING customers in the future...

Your choice. Not mine. I have options. And I definately won't pay for a commercial license to use it in a private setup, after what I'm experiencing right now.

• derKarl
    derKarl Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited February 2021

pretty much the same issue since today... using TeamViewer for quite a few years now to access my computers at home from one single system (as I got a few older systems running with technical difficulties... like broken built in keyboards in the notebook for example)

today I was logged on to a longer session and accidently closed it... after reconnecting and trying to work from my windows 10 machine in my home network (both systems in the same network and both are actually in the same room) I got a timeout message after a few minutes of using... and no, I am not getting any warning or info that I am suspected of using it commercially... which I don't do by the way... I am just sick of trying to type on non working keyboards and have no space to use a external one on my notebook as the desk is too small then

and after getting a new one for my big tower (as the old mechanical one had some keys stopped working after like 4 years of daily use) I enjoyed working from one system on both machines via Teamviewer... but now it is a pain in the ***bleep*** with getting bumped and locked for a few minutes before being able to reconnect... even reinstalling didn't fix the issue... so I tried to create an account... to see if this works... nope... got me the same result...

...and support seems to only be for users that got a company license... which I don't have (as I am not a businessowner and never used it commercially)

I did send feedback today so let's see if there is something coming back... if not... yeah... then I gotta find a different solution

• kkrisz75
    kkrisz75 Posts: 0

The same thing happens to me.

I work in Germany, but my family is in Hungary.

I monitor the computers of my children, my parents, my family through this. For years, even living in Hungary, I have used this so that I don't have to travel a lot to solve a problem.

But today I can't fix the kid's machine because after 20-30 seconds it will be disabled and the system will throw it out.

Due to timeout. The license only entitles you to this.

although I am not using it for business purposes. But I have been using it for private purposes for years. A free license is also registered. Even in my profile, it still doesn’t allow me to work on machines.

A solution soon would be good. This is not a fair procedure. No warning, nothing. However, it is advertised for private use as free.

• Runar1234
    Runar1234 Posts: 0

Picture under is a message i get when connecting to my home. In my job i travel around the world, and i use Teamveiwer to connect to two computers home, and booth has the same issue. This message will come 1-20 sec after connecting. Same issue if i get someone home using one of these two computer to connect to mine.

Translate int something like this.

Connection blocked after timeout.Your license limits the maximum session duration to a parntner - immediately repeated connections are blocked. Please try again later or upgrade your license

If i wait for 10 min or 2 hours, it will just report the same, and im not able to connect.

Ideas ?

• I am using Teamviewer non-commercially and I requested a free license in the past already as a commercial use was detected at that time. I remember that I have received a notice that commercial use was detected.

Now I am not getting a notice about commerical use, I just get a timeout after a few seconds and cannot login again for some time. Is this again related to a detection of non-commerical use? Or something different? I was also not able to find anything in the management console.

Regards,

Andreas

• Teri_Lee
    Teri_Lee Posts: 0

I have the same problem, and not sure why it is happening either.

• Leling
    Leling Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm using TeamViewer for multiple private computers, but since a few days I'm getting a message that I'm banned because I don't have a license and commercial use is detected. I think your algorithms to detect commercial use have been failed - do you need support with your algorithms?

Luckily I'm from Göppingen and know your new impressive building and I'm open for a position as Data Scientist/AI Engineer - interested? I'm waiting for your message.

Otherwise thanks for unbanning my account.

• Hello I am using the free license (non comercial use only account) until today I had no problem accessing my home computer from my laptop. Today I logged in and then got this message after it logged me out of my PC, "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, imediate reconnects are blocked. Please try agian later or upgrade your license".Was there a policy change? I have been using this free account for years with no issues. Thanks for any help

• Why do teamviewer limits my connection to my desktop (remote from phone)? If i remote my desktop from another desktop, it works fine...

• Chris_123
    Chris_123 Posts: 0
    edited February 2021

Hi,

My ID is **Information removed as per Community Guidelines**, I just use teamViewer to communicate parents on computer program, never use for any commercial reason

Pls help to chk & reply email to **Information removed as per Community Guidelines**

I have been waiting for a few days already!

• as well as the title said, ive been using teamviewer for years and this was my first encounter, the popup said im using teamviewer for commercial purposes and automatically ended the season, what did I do wrong here?

• IngridB
    IngridB Posts: 0

Hello

I am having the same problem

Have you found a way to solve it?

• DBquick

Thanks to both of you for your comments!

Hopefully, we get a official feedback soon.

By the way, I am working also from Germany. Maybe this is a country or continent related issue 🤔

• MonteChristo
    MonteChristo Posts: 1
    edited February 2021

Nope, the remote PC is running the latest (at least the check for a new version says so) and the session keeps timing out after 3 or so minutes. TeamViewer is useless to me now. This is on Win 10 Pro 20.04 H2.