Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• I am using a free version for educational purposes but it keep telling to buy commercial license due to heavy usage. I just recently wanted to start using it after more than 2 years not using it. How do I rectify it?

• gustinn2
    gustinn2 Posts: 40 ✭✭

Dear staff at Teamwiever.

As i can see here some other users are getting same message like me this here:

, "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, imediate reconnects are blocked. Please try again later or upgrade your license"

as others here i ask .Was there a policy change?

For 15 minutes I logged in and then got this message after it logged me out of my PC I have been using this free account for years and couldnt use it for over a month in september when your system thought i was using it for business use, after that i send you through your system pdf document undersigned that im using it for personal use and since then i have been using the service with no issues.

I need to be able to connect lastly on friday.

Kindly help me here and now and asap so i dont have to again to be out of using teamwiever for over a month like i had to in august to september last year.

gustinn2

• While_1
    While_1 Posts: 0
    edited February 2021

I am working in academia and have been using free TeamViewer license for quite some time to access my work computer from home. Today I started getting kicked from sessions after approximately a minute of use. Trying to reestablish connections results in a 1 minute block that gets prolonged for a random amount of times. Once unblocked, I can connect to my work computer once again, just to get kicked and blocked a minute later.

Please help :)

• I use free plan to connect my personal PC from mobile and laptop. Everything was fine but today it IS connected only on 1 minute and got "Commercial use". How to fix it?

• montini
    montini Posts: 3 ✭✭

Same here :(((

• Lunneborg
    Lunneborg Posts: 7 ✭✭

i have a free version to help friends and connect to my home computer from remote.

it worked perfect untill the last update to 15.15.5.

now i get timeout and it say i need to buy a licens.

and im locked out and cant reconnect for som min.

is this a bug or do i have to buy a license and all my friends and family to?

• Igorb2005
    Igorb2005 Posts: 1

I have same problem, and i would like to know how many devices must be for free license ?

• mbacklund
    mbacklund Posts: 9 ✭✭

I also got this:

"Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, imediate reconnects are blocked. Please try again later or upgrade your license"

What is going on? 😠

• Efe
    Efe Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited February 2021

This isn't commercial usage detection right? I only use TV in my home network, I don't even try to connect somewhere outside of my LAN FFS. Why is it happening? I can only stay connected to my other PC for about 1 minute.

• Lunneborg

same for me byt my msg say i have to wait or buy a lisence.

and i timed out to reconnect to the computer for some min and if i try to sone i get extra time out time.

• Lunneborg
    edited February 2021

dubbel post

• Arczer
    Arczer Posts: 0

same here since yesterday. I've been using TeamViewer for many years to connect to my other laptop from time to time. I have never had this problem before. Please let us know how to fix it ?

• zippolino
    zippolino Posts: 0

I use teamviewer not in a commercial manner.

• JorgeL
    JorgeL Posts: 0

Got exactly the same problem since last night... after 15sec

• IstvanSz
    IstvanSz Posts: 1

Now mine closes right away, and I didn't use it in a commercial manner either.

When I try to connect it tells me to connect after 1 minute. When I connect after one minute it tells me immediately to connect after another minute.

There are other weird messages also, about my account type changed, my password changed by an administrator.

• JorgeL

Same thing here.

They're Team sent me a link for ''detection of commercial'' use but i am sure it's not that... since it doesn't say anything about this.

• Efe
    Efe Posts: 6 ✭✭

I didn't receive any commercial usage warning, yet this happens

• c_ertal
    c_ertal Posts: 0

I got this

"Connection blocked after timeout.

Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license.

Connections to this partner will be blocked until 19: 31 ."

• JorgeL

It's very annoying. It seems like the bug is fixed to people who have a subscription but for others like us(free version, personnal) they don't find a solution...

• JorgeL

Hopefully they find a solution for this asap

• GRAmcs
    GRAmcs Posts: 0
    edited February 2021

I am able to connect using **Third Party Product**, quick assist but no teamviewer.

• Herve77
    Herve77 Posts: 1

Hello,

I'm using TV from time to time and it worked but now the connection last a few seconds.

Why and can you solve the problem ?

I don't use it for professionnal use but only personal.

• seta
    seta Posts: 1
    Hello

after the update on 02/25, I can't connect because there is some limit !!! both computers have been updated to the latest version.if you manage to connect, the connection ends after several seconds !! I use teamviever privately, not commercially.

• Betelgeuse
    Betelgeuse Posts: 8 ✭✭

Suddenly TV times out after 10 - 20 seconds.

I am using TV free version, to 95% only among computers in my home. The other 5% is for friends and relatives.

I have updated to latest version (15.15.5)

Is this a temporary error, or are you making TV free version worthless?

• Betelgeuse
    Betelgeuse Posts: 8 ✭✭

Suddenly TV times out after 10 - 20 seconds.

I am using TV free version, to 95% only among computers in my home. The other 5% is for friends and relatives.

I have updated to latest version (15.15.5)

Is this a temporary error, or are you making TV free version worthless?

• The same thing here!.

• Lucaslive
    Lucaslive Posts: 0
    edited February 2021

I ask support to update my account **Please do not post email addresses** and remove the arisen limitation! I only use the teamviewer for personal purposes - to help relatives and friends!!! Thanks for understanding! Or tell me please what i have to do to fix that issue?

• my connection times out after 1min saying the connection to a partner is limited. I used the partner ID to connect , not my user and password.

• Courior
    Courior Posts: 0

I am having the same problem. From my mobile it works fine, but when i try from my desktop it gives me 1 session for 55 secs then says i need to wait for 1 more minute.. but it never connects again.

• Hello,

It started yesterday and suddenly i was kicked out of my remote connection after 30 seconds saying that my license has limited remote whatever it was... i am using teamviewer for like 10 years now, doing what i was always doing, connecting to a couple of PCs i have at home, and now suddenly "suspecting commercial use"?

Really?

Any ideas?

many thanks in advance,

Alek