Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• oschwarz
    oschwarz Posts: 1

Me too! It's been a while this way, not sure why...

Sent an email today to Support. waiting for a response...

• ryanmoore1016
    ryanmoore1016 Posts: 2 ✭✭

how did you email support? I tried to and it told me it required a active license.

• Gekko
    Gekko Posts: 1
    edited April 2021

I get the same thing on my PERSONAL account. This **bleep** has happened a few times already. I am investigating another service to replace teamviewer, this is annoying!

EDIT: I found the location to request a fix for this @ https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/91345-this-device-has-been-blocked

• Weatherlight
    Weatherlight Posts: 1

I have been using TeamViewer for a while now, I put it on my family's computers so I can pop in there and fix things when there is an issue to prevent me from having to drive across town or talk them through it over the phone. Generally I have not been needing it, but when I do its because there is an issue. Nothing is more frustrating than being asked to help someone and then being thwarted by some silly attempt to prevent commercial use. I already signed up with the authenticator after the last time, now you want a signed document? Like heck I am signing something for "free" software. I even mentioned the last time, you offer a yearly license for those just helping out family and I would pay it for the convivence. But instead I have a mother who needed help and instead of fixing the issue I am looking for a program other than teamviewer to install so that I dont have to deal with this garbage the next time.

• TerriVt
    TerriVt Posts: 1

I am getting this message. I am a home user, 100% on a local network using two of my own computers to control a telescope in my driveway. No commercial use whatsoever. But I do not get any messages about commercial use, I get the following. Sometimes it will connect for a few minutes, then disconnect. I have not used teamviewer for more than a week. And upon use it tells me i've exceeded some limit.

Your license limits maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license.

Can someone direct me to a fix or help for this please?

Thank you,

Theresa

• pbouy
    pbouy Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have been using the free version of TV for a few years to help my family and the museum I volunteer at. All of a sudden, TV times out after a couple of minutes no matter what computer I connect to. The only thing I've done to my computer lately is up the ram to 64 gigs but that was done AFTER I started having trouble. I haven't changed any settings that I am aware of.

• stuartm2032
    stuartm2032 Posts: 6 ✭✭

I am getting the following error "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partnet, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license. Connections to this partner will be blocked until" {time}.

I am a home user of Teamviewer and using a Surface Pro 6 to connect to my own desktop. I have had no issues when I use my Dell laptop to connect to my desktop, but I'm travelling and trying to use the Surface. I resorted to uninstalling Teamviewer, rebooting my Surface, and then reinstalling the software, but still get the same error. It connected at first to the desktop, but seemed to time out after about 30 seconds and I received the above error.

Any suggestions?

• ajspipers
    ajspipers Posts: 1

May I add my name to the many who, having used this infrequently for years to support my aged in-laws, now cannot due to this annoying fault.

I, too, have been through the "commercial reset" procedure although none of the error messages I had received mentioned the word "commercial". TV support emailed me to say that both of our IDs had been "reset".

Still timed out after about 15 seconds!

FURTHERMORE, I then completely uninstalled TV including (nominally) all existing settings and also deleted the existing cookies on both PCs and YET, on installing freshly downloaded versions, they both "remembered" our previous IDs! So, patently, the complete uninstalls are not complete uninstalls.

Almost needless to say, the problem still exists.

Come on TeamViewer people. You are acting very unprofessionally in all this.

• majestic100
    majestic100 Posts: 14 ✭✭

What am I being warned about !!!??? What's the matter with my post ???

• Igrok
    Igrok Posts: 1

Same issue here. Hopefully, a bug on their side and not an unannounced change of policy.

• Delife732
    Delife732 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same issue with me.

• Delife732
    Delife732 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am using TeamViewer version 15.16.8 32-bit. I am using it for personal use with a family member. Can someone point me to the answer to this problem? I've be searching for over an hour. If there has been a policy change, I'd just like to know. Thanks

• letoubib
    letoubib Posts: 1

same problem , i m not using teamviewer for business

• TattieDave
    TattieDave Posts: 1

same problem , i m not using teamviewer for business

• stuartm2032
    stuartm2032 Posts: 6 ✭✭

Thank you. Tried my wife's laptop, and same issue. Hopefully just a bug, but not sure how to contact Teamviewer to fix it. Every support option points back to this forum

• jamescampbell
    jamescampbell Posts: 2 ✭✭

The link "https://www.teamviewer.com/reset" DOES NOT WORK FOR ME. Not for one nor for multiple user-IDs.

• MLBursztein
    MLBursztein Posts: 1

I did a license reset, as suggested, even that i never got a message about suspected commercial use. The connection still times out when i using my phone to remote my PC, I was informed via email the my license was reset but the problem remains.

What's the next step?

• adaws
    adaws Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have a non-commercial license but when trying to login now it is telling me I am using commercially which I am not. This also means I can not raise a ticket or call what can I do

• Arvinassani1
    Arvinassani1 Posts: 1

Hi

My account has been blocked. I do not use the access commercially and it’s only for personal use.

can you please help.

thanks

• thosdelaney
    thosdelaney Posts: 4 ✭✭

I have been using a free TV license for several years for personal use. I am a 82 yr old retiree that tries to help several (less than 5) other retirees for their personal use, periodically. I haven't tried to use TV for several weeks or even months. When I login to one person with the correct passcode, I see their screen for a very short time and then TV disconnects and gives me an error message stating -

"Connection blocked after timeout

Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license.

Connections to this partner will be blocked until 12:51."

0r whatever time it displays. Tried again several times and get immediate disconnects.

What can I do to continue free use?

• I have a free account and use the remote connection to help my father with his laptop. The problem I am having is that about 60 seconds after connecting, I get timed out. What do I need to do to remedy this issue?

• MasterofNone
    MasterofNone Posts: 1
    edited April 2021

• Akunapro
    Akunapro Posts: 1

Hi

My account has been blocked. I do not use the access commercially and it’s only for personal use.

can you please help.

thanks

• thosdelaney

The answer posted says I am limited to 5 participants on a free license. I deleted to get below 5 and connected with only 3; however, after a few minutes, I get disconnected. This has occurred multiple times. Have to wait several minutes to login again and then the same thing happens all over again. I'm thinking I should uninstall and try a new install?

• thosdelaney

Darnit! Just reinstalled and opened in my account and still doing the same thing!

• Phoenix92471
    Phoenix92471 Posts: 1
    edited April 2021

i think it is because windows updates......... i am having the same problem....................

working on login and changing passwords to teamviewer websites.............

had to get email to authorize device..........

to be continued..........

AFK........

• FuzzmanKs
    FuzzmanKs Posts: 54 ✭✭

I'm having the same problem. And earlier session worked connecting to my Dad's computer. But about an hour later I'm trying to remote connect to one of my own computers on the same network.

• Crispogi
    Crispogi Posts: 1

Same as me.. sad

• Josh_P
    Josh_P Posts: 1

Same issue with me.

• Ishan18
    Ishan18 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same issue here.