Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• BSAtl
    BSAtl Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Options

Suddenly started timing out today after years of using the app for verified personal use. Have not added any computers (family and friends only) nor made any changes (IP, etc.). Happens regardless of which computer I use to connect to other computers. All computers at latest TeamViewer version.

• junorw
    junorw Posts: 1
    Options

I have the free version of Teamviewer for Microsoft Windows because at this time it is for personal use. Since a month ago the application connects successfully, but closes in approximately 1 minute. Is there something I can do to prevent such a nuisance.

Thanks for your support.

Juan Calderon

• elcubano62
    elcubano62 Posts: 1
    Options

My account is labeled comercial by mistake after I had used it for many years. I had tried to fill out the reset form and only get to step one. It will not upload the pdf section. What else can I do to resolve this isuue.

• Sam_Snider
    Sam_Snider Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I'm retired and use TeamViewer to help family and friends.

My wife still works as a HS teacher. When she's home she's often using her personal laptop to log into the school district and trying to catch up on paperwork.

If I log in to her laptop to help her with a computer problem, updating drivers and the like, would that be considered commercial use? Reading Esther's description it sure sounds like it but I would like to verify it.

If it IS commercial use I will use another utility for work on her computer, no prob.

I appreciate TeamViewer letting me use this software free of charge for personal use and want to play by the rules. It's your software and your rules. I don't have a problem with that.

Thanks!

• GeneraznXz
    GeneraznXz Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

I did multiple resets and reinstall. The end conclusion is the hardware you're using to remote into your remote machines. If you try remoting in your families computer with a different machine other than then one you normally use for the past who knows how many years it will work 100%

At first I thought reinstalling and resetting fix the issue so I went home to test it on a laptop I don't normally use it stay on until I closed out my session. When I went back to work (i have a personal laptop) I tried through that I get the commercial message. So I decided to use another windows 10 desktop I have near me and it is working fine.

It is the hardware that I am currently using that is blocked from allowing me to do more remote sessions. Give it a try and use a different system and provide your feedback. Thanks

• sotosmandalos
    sotosmandalos Posts: 1
    Options

There is something wrong going on at Teamviewer. Have noticed several issues lately including:

1) Commercial use for a personal account

2) Fill-in a form to re-activate personal use, then cannot save, cannot upload it and cannot save

This is frustrating as I have used Teamviewer for years. An excellent remote access application. OK, so not sure how to carry on. Will try some more times getting in touch and try to fix the issue. A lot of people in this blog do have the same issue. So either I will create another account and see how long that keeps me going or choose another app.

• JORfam
    JORfam Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

My teamviewer for personal use to help family is working on my pc....but on my phone it stopped working and keeps blocking. '

it used to work before. im only using service to help for personal use. is there a limit for phone?

• ChrisUK1980
    ChrisUK1980 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I thought it was just me not using the form right, I was going to try again tonight but now I shall not bother. I've tried also to contact, was told one time to uninstall all clients and re-install. that worked last time, though not this time.

• sbuford
    sbuford Posts: 1
    edited May 2021
    Options

I only use teamviewer to help my mother. We have been using teamviewer for years. We live 400 miles apart. 2 weeks ago it started timing out. I need help ASAP. I'm am at her house today for the first time since COVID and will fly home tomorrow, and will not be able to help her. She is 88 and I'm 69 please help ASAP

My old account is s_buford but I have uninstalled and reinstalled it on both PCs using a new account, sbuford. They both show as personal accounts and still time out.

HELP

Sheldon Buford

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• Steve_F50
    Steve_F50 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

I have been using TeamViewer for many years and have encountered the same problem using the reset management page. Tried numerous times on different browsers without success.

• José_António54
    José_António54 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Options

Good afternoon

When I enter a remote session, the session disconnects shortly afterwards and one appears to me that has timed out, as shown in the annex.

Thank you very much awaiting solution to the problem.

Compliments

• Saccsa
    Saccsa Posts: 1
    edited May 2021
    Options

I use Team Viewer only to connect to a single computer, recently I decided instead of asking my wife always for the ID and password to add it to my list of computers. I created an account and done just that, but now sadly after less than 1 minute the connection disconnects and tells me that the session expired and that for commercial use I need to buy a license.

I DO NOT use it for commercial USE, I connect from my country house to my home computer, for some basic extremely basic stuff.

Has anybody encountered this problem? What can be done???

• EddyJr
    EddyJr Posts: 1
    Options

Teamviewer was a great program that I used to help my father and my aunt when they had problems with their computers. Everything was working great and then the sessions when I could take as long as needed to help them have a 1-minute session. Is there a way to fix that?

• Alain_Rojo
    Alain_Rojo Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Options

Same problem here. I uninstalled Teamviewer and downloaded "Third party product". Works like a charm. Bye bye Teamviewer...

• Alain_Rojo
    Alain_Rojo Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Bob, it remembers me when some TV channels blurs part of the screen where a brand appears not sponsored by this channel. I believed this was a free forum, but it seems to be controled by TeamViewer in order not to confess their proper faults and hide the competition who works much better. This "1 minute session" error is really very bad, and I think this is a scandal that TeamViewer do absolutely nothing to solve it. Or maybe they really want the free users to go to the competitors and stay with the one paying for the software ? My 87 mother in France thought I never shall be able to help her again from Brasil, she loved the TeamViewer features and was very reassured thinking I was able to control his PC to help her at every difficulties a person of his age may encounter using a computer. But the "other product" solved his problem, even i'd like to be able to use again TeamViewer in the future.

• Bank11176
    Bank11176 Posts: 1
    edited May 2021
    Options

Is there a way to just get my Team Viewer to work for more then 1 minute. I don't need it for a long period of time. Maybe 15min to login and send something I forgot to myself ??

• Vlad77
    Vlad77 Posts: 0
    Options

tell me pls where to write to remove the restrictions from my ID?

• DXG
    DXG Posts: 0
    Options

Hi

My father and I have free accounts but recently had these suspended by Teamviewer over concerns that we were using Teamviewer for commercial reasons.

However, Teamviewer have now acknowledged that our accounts were not being used for commercial purposes and have reset them.

The problem is that we still cannot connect using Teamviewer as despite the accounts being reset, we are still being blocked and are still getting the same error message.

I would be grateful if someone could advise how we fix the problem please?

Thanks

• Sam_Snider
    Options

JeanK PM'd me a warning/not warning and, while I appreciate the effort and response, it didn't really address my question.

I'm not trying to play a "What If" game.

My question is based on my current situation.

I am not being restricted and would like to keep it that way.

Perhaps the algorithm is such that no one knows whether that would trigger a restriction. Alright then, that would be the answer, "We don't know".

Can I get an actual answer rather than a warning/not warning?

I want to play by the rules but I need to know what the rules are.

Thank you!

• elcubano62
    elcubano62 Posts: 1
    Options

My account was suspended for suspicion of commercial use. HOW i GET IT ACTIVATED

• Mancho
    Mancho Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

This seems to me as some ridiculous attempt by teamviewer to get as much paid accounts as possible. I login once, twice per month to my parents computer who are over 80 to help them and my accnt was also limited as commercial. This is ridiculous after using TV for years it seems that's the end of the road.

• Mancho
    Mancho Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Also their commercial use conditions are so funny that 99% of free users can fall under them. Even if it is installed on your work computer and you use it for personal use it's regarded as commercial, so go figure. I'm also trying to find a way to reactivate it but with this policy you'll soon be limited again.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @Sam_Snider,

The only way to keep this away is to play the rules according to Esther's blog:

Community Manager

• geoGEOgeo
    geoGEOgeo Posts: 0
    edited May 2021
    Options

Hello Sirs,

sorry my poor English…

Your TeamViewer ID has been reset to free TV:020501810.

pls. set my account ás “pesonal”, because changed into commercial one again.

Feladó: TeamViewer Pardoning

Dátum: 2020. március 6. 18:28:13 CET

Címzett: George Hajos

Tárgy: Your TeamViewer ID has been reset to free TV:020501810

Dear TeamViewer User,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer ID has been reset to “free”. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as “personal”.

Why was my access to TeamViewer limited?

You were asked to purchase a TeamViewer license because your usage pattern suggested that you were using TeamViewer in a commercial environment. To be able to keep a free version of TeamViewer, we must make sure that commercial users purchase a license. Unfortunately, it can happen that we detect commercial use where this is not the case.

We would like to address the most important questions of the TeamViewer community regarding commercial / personal use.

1. “Is TeamViewer cancelling the free usage of its software?”

No. TeamViewer is free for personal use, and we are committed to this remaining so. Personal use means that you are not using TeamViewer for purposes that are either directly or indirectly paid. Commercial use includes providing support to colleagues and clients, working remotely via TeamViewer, monitoring company hardware, etc. Read more about commercial use. 

2. “I believe blocking personal users from using TeamViewer for free is unethical.”

We believe that providing and receiving help should not be a privilege for those who pay. Therefore we offer a free version of TeamViewer with many features. Implementing a mechanism to detect commercial use is part of our commitment to this idea. We do not target personal users but unfortunately, in some cases, personal users can be affected. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused and promise to continue to refine this mechanism.

3. “What is the motive behind blocking free users?”

We have taken this step because commercial users should not be able to use our free version. This way, we ensure our ability to offer a free version of TeamViewer with great features, performance, and possibilities.

We would like to thank our users who use TeamViewer as intended and help us to provide a free version for our personal users. Our vision is to empower people to help people, and we will always act accordingly.

Kind regards,

Your TeamViewer Team

• Sam_Snider
    Options

An honest attempt to get an answer is unsuccessful.

I've wasted my time, and apparently, the time of JeanK. Though I thank him for at least responding.

I will infer that I should NOT use TeamViewer with that computer, and will use another solution for it.

I think TeamViewer, the software, is still the gold standard for remote desktop connections but the somewhat nebulous rules and the unwillingness to answer a simple question leaves me a bit afraid of using it.

As I said above, I appreciate TeamViewer making this software available for folks like me to use free of charge. But, the sort of minefield of what use is approved and what use might result in being penalized makes me feel like I shouldn't chance it.

Thanks anyway

• dhsebastian
    dhsebastian Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Options

There are 22 pages of complaints in just the last month and almost all of them from people, like me, trying to support elderly or juvenile family members. The thread goes back further. Clearly, something changed in TV by accident or by policy that put us all in the penalty box. When I finally got the management reset page to work, they got back to me in about 4 days claiming my ID was re-enabled. But it wasn't... Same problem. No commercial use error, but my primary laptop for which the ID was unblocked still timed out in 60 sec. when connecting to any remote client - both on my home LAN and distant PCs (but they all worked with each other). A week later, the service suddenly started working again. So maybe there is a lag time in actually activating accounts, but that doesn't explain the rash of cutoff notices we have all experienced. I have been a long time TV user, but am switching over to a free browser based service that does everything I need for managing update installations and general problem solving for my nonagenarians.

• u_hermenau
    u_hermenau Posts: 1
    Options

Dear all,

today I want to support an older member of our family. It was m´not possible to connect , always I received the info you connet after disconnect, you want to connect, we think your are using Team Viewer as a professonla user. But this is wrong.

Questuion

How can I use team Viewer as a private user, how to reset the idea from team Viewer as an profi-user?

Thanks for helpful answers

regards

Ultrich

Zeuthen / Germany

• SimonG01
    SimonG01 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Options

My iOS ID was apparently reset. I say apparently because it is STILL timing out. Why when it was reset? Clearly filling out the forms doesn’t work because despite telling me it’s reset it isn’t.

You thank us “for playing fair” it is about time TeamViewer did. Sick and tired of this constant timing out for non commercial use. Where do I go from here if I filled out the form told it’s reset and isn’t?