Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Zegmin
    Zegmin Posts: 0

I've used Teamviewer for years and years to help friends and family, however a few months ago suddenly my account was flagged and im no longer able to help my friends and family w/ technical issues.

• mikesch
    mikesch Posts: 1
    edited July 2021

I'm running the latest version of TeamViewer on Windows 10. After just a minute or so, I keep getting disconnected, and when I attempt to reconnect, it prevents me from doing so.

Any ideas? I suspect that TeamViewer is thinking I am not using this for personal use, but I am.

• MadandCrazyKiwi
    MadandCrazyKiwi Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited June 2021

**bleep** is actually happening to this program, Are they trying to recoup money for the shirt sponsorship of Man U? are they just stupid? or are they just greedy. Yes we are in the middle of the pandemic and yes people are probably abusing it as they are working from home and you have IT departments not wanting to pay for the licenses. But when you read this group 90% of people have been around since Teamviewer 1.0. Why can they not say Pandemic started here, this user has been a user since well before then so let us ignore them. If it is going to be such an issue give users like myself a option of a £25 license for Personal Use a year. I would pay that as it was and can still be a good program. But I have a old desktop as a machine in the cupboard with no keyboard and monitor and I connect to it this way only, then it just becomes silly that now at least every 3 months I get asked to clarify commercial use. I answered it 5 years ago when you first asked, and no matter how many different flavours and ways you try sell it, I am still using it for personal use.

• Mik566
    Mik566 Posts: 3 ✭✭

I am unable to use teamviewer because the message "commercial use detected" appears on the screen. I am not a company and I use teamviewer for private purposes. How can I solve?

• Dudeinco
    Dudeinco Posts: 1
    edited July 2021

I'm 99% sure that TeamViewer wants all their free users off. I reset the commercial thing once, and stopped using it for my personal use, after it started failing to connect to everyone I helped. I was using this since the beginning of time (many many many years...)

The only problem is that with the elderly ladies I support it's really hard to get them to go to the chrome website, and I don't think there's an option to add someone else's computer to your chrome list.

It's unfortunate, but I think for a free community product for personal use, TeamViewer is completely off the table, and I think that's by design.

It would have been nice for them to put some sort of notice on everyone's application, and tell them they were closing off the free version in say... 6 months, so people were able to prepare, instead of having your aunt or someone suddenly not be able to have support from you without opening a website in their browser from a third party.

Kind of a **bleep** move on TVs part, but it is what it is. This used to be a great product. They even had a purchase from my old church, at my recommendation, back in the day. But they keep on pushing it.

First the product was pretty expensive, then they went to an even more expensive subscription model, then they started accusing people of commercial use, and now it just seems like they're kicking everyone off that uses it for personal use, by making the product unbearable.

If that's the way they operate, I think I'd be inclined to never recommend this product, even to business users. I get that times are tough (or at least I'm hoping that's the issue), but there's no tact in the way they go about things. There's very little communication, and it's made the best product unusable, that could probably get away with selling their products to people like me for like $30 per year (for the dozen times I need to help a relative each year), without being such knobs about it, like they are now.

I get not wanting the freeloaders, but how about making the product low cost for personal use, instead of $1500 per year to help grandma, or you get 1 minute every half hour?

Nonsense.

• spteamviewer
    spteamviewer Posts: 1

I cant even count how many times I've had to submit the commercial use reset form in the last couple months. I'm using teamviewer to access a file server locally and all I'm doing is moving files around in file explorer. Why does my account keep getting flagged even when I'm just idle in a remote connection

• DIJIT
    DIJIT Posts: 1

I've got exactly the same problem. I wrote to team viewer back in May and received the following response:-

Hello DIJIT,

Thank you for registering your TeamViewer account. To finally activate your account please click the following link.

Activate your Team Viewer account.

If clicking the link doesn't work you can copy the link into your browser window or type it there directly.

That was on the 12th May this year.

I activated it at the time and today went to use it for the first time and after a very short time <1 minute it logged me out for the same reason.

Is there a solution to this? I think the fact I've not even tried to use it for 2 months might indicate I'm NOT a commercial used.

Any suggestion welcome.

Thanks fr reading.

• Shaky92
    Shaky92 Posts: 0

Hello everyone, a strange thing happens to me, I haven't used teamviewer for many months, today I tried to enter my mother's pc but after a few seconds she threw me out telling me that the license has expired, how is it possible? I have a free license and I use it on a personal level to help my parents with little things.

Both versions are up to date and we both use windows 10.

Thanks for your help.

• personal use account was limited on suspicion of commercial use. I use it for personal family tech support only. I filled out form to reset twice with all the ID numbers of the 3 computers which have the software installed and got an email saying things were reset twice. However, I still can only connect remotely between the computers for less than one minute before time out happens again. How do I fix this other than paying a ridiculously high fee to get a professional license. ( would be happy to pay if the fee was not so high)

• cyndi2966
    cyndi2966 Posts: 2 ✭✭

suspected commercial use form submitted but no response received. It won't let me resubmit the form. it's been 2 weeks since submission

150937419 Posts: 1

I use my team viewer for personal and I have been blocked. I have done nothing different

• TJD59
    TJD59 Posts: 1
    edited July 2021

I loved, loved, loved TeamViewer to support my 82 year old Dad who lives 8 hours from me. However, I got locked down for remote accessing my Dad's computer about 3 times in a month. I have had my side reset but it's impossible to walk my Dad through his reset process. I would like to know what the upper login limit is? Ultimately, I had to switch over to "Third Party Product", as TeamViewer has just made personal usage just too difficult for the technically challenged. The whole point of TeamViewer is to make the user experience for the people we're supporting easier not harder.

Signed: Very Dissapointed

• Mj4MH
    Mj4MH Posts: 1
    edited July 2021

Why would my licensed Team viewer stop working for me...

All the other administrator accounts show a shares under their accounts allowing them to access the corp computers... We also have a tech admin account that has that share like the others do and I am sure I probably did too at one point.

Now when I connect to a user I get kicked off by limits and not allowed back on as if I were using a free license. I then tried using it by using our techadmin account with the shares and it also got kicked off for the same reasons...

I was going to delete and recreate my user account but this is bigger than that now. I was attaching my Log

My number is [removed as per the community guidelines. ]I need to help a user from our VIP list tomorrow. Please help as I am in Sunny/foggy California and she is in Boston....

Thank you, [removed as per the community guidelines. ]

I tried to attach the log file but it does not like the extension😕.

• Mj4MH
    Mj4MH Posts: 1
    edited July 2021
  • GailParin
    GailParin Posts: 2 ✭✭

This seems to be systemic

• Sander72
    Sander72 Posts: 0

Why do I get a time out message everytime I am trying to help a friend.

I use teamvieuwer maybe 10 times per year. But only on his computer I get a time out message.

What can be done about it?

• Mik566
    Mik566 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Good morning. I sent the PDF a couple of days ago but they haven't unlocked me yet.

• peeved
    peeved Posts: 1

For the odd usage most of us do £32.00 per month is stupid; I use the free version about 5 times a year.

Are you going to fix this issue for the free version or is it a deliberate policy as alluded to by others to force people to purchase. In case you think this is a good idea i suggest you have a look at Reddit and other places where you are being ridiculed for this and losing customers.

• FabioJr
    FabioJr Posts: 1

Hi everybody!

I have the same problem. I don't make commercial use either.

Now in the pandemic I use to access my PC at university and have access to paid articles.

Who should I talk to?

How should I proceed?

Thanks

• FabioJr
    FabioJr Posts: 1

Hi everybody!

I have the Commercial License problem.

No commercial use.

Now in the pandemic I basically use it to access my PC at university and have access to paid articles and my son's PC.

Who should I talk to?

How should I proceed?

Thanks

• Jmarques
    Jmarques Posts: 0

I use teamviewer in a personal way, and until now, I haven´t had any troubles. However, during this month, always that I tried to acces to other computer remotely, after somes minutes, the session is blocked. Can you help me with this problem?

• AHMADKAMER
    AHMADKAMER Posts: 0
    edited July 2021

the application accused me for using the licence in commercial use which i didnt

i want to find a way to restore my free licence back cuz i travil frequently and i use teamviewer to control my home PC

my teamvierwer banned ID : **Do Not Post TeamViewer IDs**

thanks in advance

• Eikreis
    Eikreis Posts: 2 ✭✭

I submitted the PDF for a reset 2 weeks ago now and have not yet heard a response. The blog states their target is 7 business days, and we're at 10 and counting.

• ezpzsolutions
    ezpzsolutions Posts: 5 ✭✭

There is such an easy fix out there. I procrastinated for so long and using a different PC and the fix only took me 10 mins and I stopped getting that commercial message. If you search google you will find a solution to fix this. Doing the PDF doesn't work. I tried that reset two times with no luck. Anyways, Hope you guys find the fix and soon. Happy 4th!

• Gena_Roberts
    Gena_Roberts Posts: 3 ✭✭

I use TeamViewer to help my parents on their computers. I started getting timed out on my Dad's computer a couple of months ago. I submitted the reset form and was told my ID was reactivated. However, still getting timed out on Dad's computer. The note from support says it may be his ID that is flagged. He has the free version installed, but doesn't have a login/account. How do I get him unflagged if he doesn't have an account? He thinks he may have attended a business TeamViewer meeting on his computer. Is that what triggered this? What difference is it how my Dad uses his computer if I am helping him non-commercially?

• vt
    vt Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have been getting the error of teamviewer thinking one of my personal computers is commercial. I went to the reset page and filled out the form and clicked on generate pdf and NOTHING happens. How can I submit a request to reset my account if your page does not work????

• Mahogany
    Mahogany Posts: 1

I am having the same problem. I use TeamViewer free to help my parents. My account was reactivated and my parents' also. We get disconnected after 40-60 seconds. I need help.

• jphilippa
    jphilippa Posts: 38 ✭✭

"There is such an easy fix out there. " WHERE ? what is it ? I followed the reset and it went up a blind alley. In any case, I was timed out WITHOUT a 'commercial message' on one remote PC, but not another !