Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• sfrjoe
    sfrjoe Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello Esther

It appears you are the only person who may be an actual employee of Teamviewer?

Would you please explain to all of us why we can't use the free version?

Has something changed with regards free use?

• hlmaldon
    hlmaldon Posts: 2 ✭✭

TeamViewer disconnects too frequently while assisting our mobile user. 10 disconnections in 5 minutes.

Internet service is ok in both ends already tested.

Both the iPhone and the PC is in the latest version. 15.20.6

• stychy
    stychy Posts: 3 ✭✭

OK I HAVE A FREE ACCOUNT BEEN USING FOR YEARS NOW IM GETTING THIS MESSAGE

YOURR CONNECTION HAS BEEN BMLOCKED DUTE TO HIGH ACTIVITY LEVEL

IM NOT CONNECTING TO PEOPLE ALL OVER WORLD JUST FRIENDS AND FAMILY

HOW DO I CONTACT SUPPORT TEAM?

• I have downloaded the free version for what I believe to be personal use, although it is work related and connected to a work computer. At work, the administrator does not see the use of remote access to be beneficial to the company, but I believe that having remote access gives me better range of performing my job. While at home, it would allow me to catch up on some tasks that might not have gotten done while on the clock. Since I would be doing this on personal time and only accessing one computer, would this still be considered private use? I would understand if it does not fall within private use, but surely hope that it might.

• GeorgyTomsky
    GeorgyTomsky Posts: 1

What are the limitations of the free version?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍
    edited August 2021

Hello @GeorgyTomsky,

there are many features that are only included in a paid plan. For example the

However, when it comes to purely remote control, it is the exact same software.

More about the free version here:

or here:

I hope this could help. 😊

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. 👇

Community Manager

• k1n23
    k1n23 Posts: 1

bump - I have the exact same issue

• Rengoku
    Rengoku Posts: 1

Hi I was using TeamView free with my girlfriend who is in Australia (I am in Canada)

And we got hit with using it for commercial use which we WERE NOT. We use it for when I need help with something on my end of the computer shes techy I'm not and now we dont know how to fix this we tried reaching out to teamviewer but no luck no response : ( Thank you in advnace

• Rattan
    Rattan Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have just upgraded my free Teamviewer in my second desktop inhouse, but now cannot connect. Every attempt comes back with timeout with message the free version does not allow multiple logins. Gives a stand down time, but wont allow even after stand down is expired?

• Leckyau
    Leckyau Posts: 1

I have the same thing happening I cannot connect for more than 1min and it trips out forcing me to wait for 1 min but that just keeps happening. :(

wants me to pay to keep using when it is a free personal account.

Leckyau Australia

• pepyachka
    pepyachka Posts: 0

I use teamviewer to connect from one personal computer to another in another city. recently there was a warning about the period of use of a personal account - 5 minutes. after which all sessions are terminated. tell me what to do, please

a friend had the same problem, he wrote to the support service and everything was fixed for him.

• Rattan
    Rattan Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same as my problem, Anyone fix?

• if I connect to team viewer with to another device, there is time limit then it will disconnect? For how many minutes or hours I could stay connected?

• Ttraynor28
    Ttraynor28 Posts: 1

Hi,

Ive been using TV to help elderly family members with things especially over the pandemic as they are not good with computers. I was flagged as commercial use. I have filled in a non commercial use form 11 days ago and haven’t yet had a reply or any info back.

does anyone know how long this takes for them to review

thanks

• Ttraynor28

Hi, I’ve been using tv for non commercial use. I have been blocked saying commercial use detected which isn’t the case.

I have completed the form and submitted it 2 weeks ago and there has been no feedback or any correspondence back.

does anyone know how long this takes for the team to review and sort this issue

thanks

• Ttraynor28

How long does to for teamviewer to review and rest for non commercial use. I’ve been waiting weeks and my ticket and request has still been unanswered

thanks

• DKS
    DKS Posts: 6 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to remotely assist someone with an Oppo phone ? I've done this in the past and it seemed to work. For the last week or so, I've been trying to assist my mother with her Oppo phone. Incredibly frustrating after a few hours of attempting. Is it something she might be doing wrong ?? I've also been in touch with your Twitter support team and also Feedback.

It keeps thinking i am trying to connect to more than one person (ie., commercial account ), which I am definitely not. I cannot to connect to even 1 person !

• Hello everyone,

Six days ago I submitted a challenge to 'commercial use detected' on my TeamViewer account.

I downloaded the paperwork, completed the explanation, signed and dated it, and then PDF'd it and uploaded / submitted it. I was told that I would get a response within 2 working days, but I am still waiting.

Will I actually get a response and, if so, how long can I expect to wait?

Thanks!

Andrew.

• Ttraynor28

Hi, I have been using TV for non commercial use to help family members with stuff as they are old.

I have now been blocked, I have filled in the non commercial use form and all info and set it back and it is under review. Does anyone no how this takes as I’ve been waiting 4 weeks with now reply or news back. Any help is appreciated

thanks

• Hi all.

My account shows Free but not allow me to remain in the session more than 30 seconds or so.

Please help.

• DKS

Any ideas anyone ?????

• Bazza
    Bazza Posts: 1

Hi everyone.... I urgently need help on this timing out issue. I have the free licence version (non-commecial use). I have been desperately trying to gain access to my brother's PC to sort out a bug issue. After 20 second it shuts me out stating that I am using it for commercial use!! Has anyone else had this problem?? Is there a way to fix this problem? I eagerly await your responses. Thank you. BAZ

• jon_platt_jpca
    jon_platt_jpca Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 2021
  • jon_platt_jpca
    jon_platt_jpca Posts: 2 ✭✭

As above - has eventually allowed me in

• I hardly use this and can't seem to get it working.

I am using it to log into my home computer from work and work computer from home.

That is all I use it for.

• hello, there is a problem with non-commercial use of the program, TeamViewer claims that I use the program for commercial purposes, although this is not the case, please help to restore access to non-commercial use of TeamViewer

• TimZ
    TimZ Posts: 0

Why do I get disconnected when I have a free account and are not a business user? I have used the automated reset feature, but it doesn't fix the problem.

• DKS

No, definitely not answered !!!

• Shortbus
    Shortbus Posts: 0

Hi, love teamviewer, its allowed my wife and myself to keep granddad online by having access to his desktop in a different city to ours.

He is in his 80's and in a retirement village.

He is frail and easily confused and I have stripped his win 10 machine down to bare bones with you tube and a couple of tv channels linked in the start folder so he doesnt get lost. which he does all the time.

My question is is there a way to remove the playfair banner just from his side so it doesnt stay on his desktop after I have ended the remote assistance session?

Absolutely no problem with it on my end.

My fear is it will just confuse him.

• lhshenker
    lhshenker Posts: 1

if posted in the wrong place and you can please move

Why on My Laptop do I get the following message, yet on other devices on the same network I do not. Also to be clear I use the account to access steam and check on downloads that is it there is no commercial use, and none that differ from the other devices

thanks in adavnce