Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• I'm using team viewer for personal use, and as per the official website, this service is permitted free of charge. Why are you you trying to sell me a license ?

• Sbair
    Sbair Posts: 1

This morning when trying to connect to a friend's machine to help them with their email, after about 30 seconds I was disconnected. I received an error saying:

Connection blocked after timeout.

Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license.

Connections to this partner will be blocked until 10:24.

I have never experienced this issue before. It is a new computer. This is the first time attempting to use TeamViewer on it.

I am not a professional IT vendor or anything related to help desk support. I only have 6 computers in my account that I connect to every once in a while. I'm not sure why this started happening, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

• betheciment
    betheciment Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hello guys!

I work with three computers at the same time at home on a project. I completely agree and fulfill the private usage ToS but I got this time out message.

What can I do? I mean on the TeamViewer website its clearly called in bold font:

(german) Es gibt keine Gebühren, keine Zeitbeschränkung und keine Abonnements.

--- English : There is no fee, no time limits and no subscriptions.

And I fulfill also this guidelines:

TeamViewer is free for personal use, which means any tasks within your personal life for which you are not being paid. Connections between personal devices at home or helping friends and family remotely qualify as personal use.

Please help, how can I prove my private usage?

Best regards

Luc

• sounak_roy
    sounak_roy Posts: 3 ✭✭

I am repeatedly receiving the error message below when trying to remotely connect to my personal computer at home:

"Connection blocked after timeout.

Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license."

Upon visiting the Teamviewer website to reset my account access at this link: https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/reset-management/, I am getting the "502 Bad Gateway" error message. Please unlock my account.

• fayden63
    fayden63 Posts: 4 ✭✭

I am currently attempting to support my father in the US (from my location in Germany).

This has always worked in the past. I am a User now since 2017.

Strangely enough, every time the connection initiates, I receive access to the remote computer, and then about 10-15 seconds later the connection breaks off, and then it is practically impossible to reconnect.

"Your TeamViewer session has timed out and will be closed."

I have been utilizing this software to provide PC support for my father for years now and suddenly I am unable to do so.

Anyone out there who might be able to help?

Sincere regards

Tom

• sounak_roy
    sounak_roy Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

Can you reset the following Teamviewer ID? [Personal information removed]

I am repeatedly getting screen timeouts when trying to access on all of my devices and, when using the link: https://www.TeamViewer.com/reset, am getting "502 Bad Gateway" or "504 bad gateway" errors repeatedly?

Thanks for your help.

• amb1
    amb1 Posts: 1
    edited September 2021

I'm just trying to use my desktop PC from my laptop while I'm not at home

• Rvdbreemen
    Rvdbreemen Posts: 1

Since the last update my Teamviewer keeps telling my I am using it such that I need a commercial license. I only help family members with TeamViewer, never ever had any issues before. But ever since the last update it keeps complaining about this.

I have tried to find a way to get to the Teamviewer team to ask what is going on. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this fixed, so I can help my family members again?

Thank

Robert

• I have been a free user for several years and used TeamViewer only to help my mother in law with her internet banking. However, today I was blocked with the explanation that "commercial use" is suspected. That is absolutely not true. What can one do against this?

Thanks in advance!

• Noofconcern
    Noofconcern Posts: 3 ✭✭

You flagged my personal phone for commercial use. Just because I use it on another network other than my home you feel you can do this? FYI I am an admin for our company with teamviewer that has licenses for commercial use. I think I know the difference between my personal business and company business. I stopped using my company computer because you kept kicking me. Now on my phone you took it upon yourselves to upgrade my phone to business account. I am expecting a fix on this. FYI I have two phones one for personal and one for business. Why would I connect to my computer at home with my company equipment? Please correct as it seems we can only contact you on a forum base nit email base.

• Ces4panels
    Ces4panels Posts: 1

Same exact problem--please advise

• i keep getting booted from team viewer after logging for only 10 seconds. I only use it for gaming

• misuzuk
    misuzuk Posts: 1

hello,

I am just a free license user, I only use teamviewer twice a week, however, when I log-in teamviewer this morning, it keeps showing below message and refuse me to log-in every 5 mins, could you please check? I do not use for commercial purpose, can you unblock me? Thanks!

• swalomay
    swalomay Posts: 0

I'M using my PC at work to remote control my PC at home for gameplay.  Is this personal use? because system falsely detected for commercial use. If this is persnal use can you unlock my permission?

• Application says commercial environment. Even though I am using it for my personal use and installed on my personal devices. How can I get this to normal?

• jtpeddy
    jtpeddy Posts: 0

i log into my account and it terminates after 5 min. says something about commercial. how do I reset to Free?? when I click reset it says Bad Gateway

• Angrygold
    Angrygold Posts: 0
    edited September 2021

I try to see some furniture webpage on my mom's computer with my mom cause she can't handle the page, and the TeamViewer drop the connection and said it time out cause "commercial use"... I am very **bleep** now. Theres no work or commercial use .... And now I cant connect anyway ... What the....??!!

• Hello -

I was flagged as a commercial user. But I am not, I am using the free version to connect to my home computer (I have 2 houses). There is a link to fill out a form if I am not a commercial user, but the link in the "more info" sends me to a broken URL.

Ideas? I bet this comes up a lot :)

Thanks!

Eddie

• PCLady
    PCLady Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

I got an error message when trying to reset my Teamviewer IDs and I need help. It is for personal use. Please have someone contact me ASAP: [removed per Community Guidelines]

Thanks

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• PCLady
    PCLady Posts: 2 ✭✭

I need you to confirm that you received my previous message and that you are able to remove it because I cannot remove the attachment.

thanks

• Hi. I am not using the program for commercial use. please remove the restrictions

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @EddiePavlu

Please provide the link the pop-up directs you to, and the error the website shows.

Thanks in advance!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• Erendiel
    Erendiel Posts: 2 ✭✭

apparently i can't use NSLookup on my downstairs computer from my upstairs computer? i did it from my laptop to my desktop, i executed an NSlookup, and it immediately killed my connection.

I logged into my home assistant server, did the exact same thing and it killed my connection there too... what gives. I've been having internet issues all day, and rather than walk downstairs and check another computer manually, i'd rather remote in. But I'll be taking the stairs for now.

Guess that's one way to get rid of the extra covid calories lol.

• StevenG95037
    StevenG95037 Posts: 6 ✭✭

I'm a free user, freeloader to some, and connect from my Mac to a remote PC in my personal observatory which runs a PC. I have long connected session trying to control my telescope and other equipment, dome, filters, focuser, camera etc. The problem is I just installed a new program on the PC, the only platform supported by the software, which is more complicated than I expected. I'm spending hours going through tutorial after tutorial tying to master the program, and TeamViewer thinks I am a commercial user.

I have clicked on the reset ID link several times, and it tells me to logout and login to the Customer Portal, however that seems to be reserved for licensed users.

Please, someone, help me. I like TeamViewer, it was recommended by several other armature astronomers for just this purpose, and seems to work pretty well for what I need to do.

Thanks,

Steven

• Commercial Use

Commerical use Detected

Then the App close on Phone .... Thanks

• Erendiel
    Erendiel Posts: 2 ✭✭

The thing told me that i wasn't allowed to make successive connections, then i clicked on the "more info" button and it brought me to the "corporate use" page talking about playing fair.

• xapim
    xapim Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

Well i have used team viewer for years now never had a single issue but today i tried to connect to my laptops at home and i got a message saying my activity its suspicious and i need to buy a license to continue using the software so now team viewer its useless to free users that have multiple machines ?????? everyone needs a license i have many laptops always on 24/7 usually 3/4+ online and after all these years seems i have to find a new alternative to remote access them RIP this new policy really sucks so this means you cant use teamviewer to access all the multiple machines you might own with a free account as its considered comercial use lol they are my machines im not helping anyone oh well.... i was even using it as a remote access backup for my shadow ultra vm to when the shadow launcher stream crashes or has gpu driver issues but seems ill have to find something else that wont block my remote access as real vnc only allows up to 5 devices in the free account which i already have setup some of mine as backup access i guess its time to maybe give parsec a chance as it seems the only viable option right now

• xapim
    xapim Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

I have followed all the procedures and have submitted some of my ids as most laptops have dual/triple boot OS and would be a different id for each OS so not possible to submit them all as theres a limit of 10 :(

• I have the same problem is gives 5 minute warning on phone to PC