Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• PARKJEONGYU
    PARKJEONGYU Posts: 1
    edited September 2021

[removed per Community Guidelines]

I only play games at home and use it only for that. However, I can't use it right now because it is recognized for commercial use, so please check it.

• A1exander
    A1exander Posts: 0

Hi! I use the program for non-commercial purposes. Please remove restrictions on connecting devices.

• harrytropi
    harrytropi Posts: 0

Hi.

for the second time this year, i've been seeing this message:

TV is installed on my desktop (linux) and three notebooks (Windows). That is the way i have to manage my pc and the other family members when i'm not at home. How do i solve this?

• I have same issue... Also my friends got this message yesterday. Something changed? Do we need to do something specific?

• arushjob
    arushjob Posts: 2 ✭✭

I too have been flagged for commercial use after years of not having any problem. I use TeamViewer to access my church office computer from home and vice versa. I submitted a form explaining the situation to get reinstated for personal use earlier this week, and got confirmation that it was received, but have not been reinstated to personal use yet. I need to work from home today and can't access my office computer! Is there a phone number I can call to actually talk to someone about this?

• arushjob
    arushjob Posts: 2 ✭✭

Found out my "request has been submitted and is pending further review." Is there anyway to speed the process up?

• Bennodora
    Bennodora Posts: 0

Hi, I've registered as a non commercial user (on be halve of a bridge club to assist in case of rare emergencies). Trying out the connections with three devices I got detected as a commercial user.

How can I continue as a free user?

• GregD_2011
    GregD_2011 Posts: 0

Hi

Recently I'm getting timed out and message stating the following:"reached maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked"

when using windows or even other apple product i.e. ipad this does not occur

my Mac OS software version is 10.15.7.

does anyone else have similar issue and is there resolution to this issue?

P.S. I use the personal licence (free)

• José_António54
    José_António54 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

Good Afternoon

I got the message "Connection blocked after exceeding time" again.

This error sometimes appears to me and so I have to report the problem.

I would appreciate it if you could solve this problem for me, because I really need Teamviewer. Thank you.

Regards

José António

• shamil
    shamil Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

I use these personal computers for personal purposes, not for business

• aerliss
    aerliss Posts: 1
    edited September 2021

Hi,

When I click 'download PDF' on the commercial reset form, nothing happens.

This result is identical on two different modern phones. Clicking 'Upload File' does nothing as well. TeamViewer is blocked at my library.

Moreover, the blog page that gets linked to whenever someone asks about commercial resets specifically states, "please do not request commercial resets for the same account multiple times", and this is the third time I've been commercial locked in the last two years, so I'm not sure what else to try.

Are we supposed to just be making new accounts if this happens a second time? Travelling to find a printer to print a signature for a web based application seemed draconian the first time - by the third time, I'm wondering if I'm just supposed to buy a license.

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @aerliss

Thanks for your post.

I was unable to replicate such an issue, when attempting to fill out the form. Please attempt to upload the form from a different device.

Regarding the article regarding commercial use, please note that it says not to request a reset for the same ID, not account.

This alert does not flag an account, but rather an individual ID. Once the specific ID is reset, it no longer is flagged as commercial use.

If the alert is seen after reset, it is the other ID in the connection that was flagged, and that ID would need to be submitted on its own form:

Please add any other IDs where the alert occurs during connection to the form.

Please let us know if the issue uploading the form persists when on a different device or network.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• aerliss
    aerliss Posts: 1

I only have one ID, and also do not have a fifth device to try.

Thank you for your help.

• ChrisUK1980
    ChrisUK1980 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Do a reinstall... solves the issue for a while - could be days or hours until the issue rears its head again I use it to connect between my computers in my own house and occasionally my dad's laptop to solve problems (in the same town as me)

I do not receive any financial compensation and have filled and signed that many forms it is a waste of time anymore it seems that TeamViewer does not care unless they are being paid. Just because scammers have used this to make money they now limit EVERYONE and it seems to ignore the forms as since version 9 I have been constantly telling the same thing 'uninstall and reinstall'

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

'TeamViewer is free for personal use when helping family and friends, without receiving any financial compensation.' Is what it says yet they may as well change it to 'TeamViewer is free unless you have multiple computers on account or are disabled'

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @aerliss

Thanks for your post.

Every device or app that has a TeamViewer app installed has a TeamViewer ID - any connection between two devices via TeamViewer requires two IDs.

In the Remote Control app for mobile devices, the TeamViewer ID is in the Advanced Settings.

Please submit any ID you use that has not been submitted yet.

Hope this helps

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• TDylan
    TDylan Posts: 1

I keep getting kicked off after 1 minute of being logged in. It says that my session has timed out and will be closed. Then I get a Connection blocked after timeout.

Advice appreciated.

Tommy

• I'm getting kicked off after a few minutes of being logged in. I only use TV to connect to help my son while in college as a student. I'm connecting from my home and connecting into his college room / college network. After I get kicked off it says I cannot connect for another 2 or 3 minutes but I try again and the same thing happens

please help.

Marco

• Vreese
    Vreese Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have this same problem. I think it is because they think you are using the account for commercial purposes.

• I have been using it for many months PC to PC no problem. Now, after a few minutes it tells me my connection has timed out. Then i when I try to reconnect it tells me I can't reconnect right away, I have to wait

• I help 2 elderly people and Teamviewer Free version keeps kicking me out when I log in. I do not use the service for any other purpose but to help these two individuals stay connected and problem free with their computers. Any idea what's up?

• hi @Ying_Q

When I already completed the form and generated the PDF, how will I be able to follow the trouble shooting steps as listed in the article you referred to? thx.

• Znelbok
    Znelbok Posts: 1

I also have the same issue as the above. TV times out within a minute of connecting. I'm on the free account and its only being used for support for family and friends.

It is extremely important that this work for me as I have elderly parents that need computer support constantly

• Whenever I connect now with someone on Teamviewer, I connect and then after a few seconds I am knocked off and the prompt tells me that I don't have authorization to continue. I forget the precise words. I have researched this issue on Google and just cannot fix this issue, because everytime I try to connect, I am knocked off. Please help me! Thanks.😁

• Tkut
    Tkut Posts: 5 ✭✭

I want to know how long until I can use teamviewer again or until it gets rejected.

• gamernz
    gamernz Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi would also like come help , i use the free version for my home use and it still says I am using for a work , i have submitted a req to review no answer I use it across my linux and my web server , that sit in my garaage it is purly for my enjoyment not a work. can you please fix my account

• gamernz
    gamernz Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

Hi I do enjoy and appreciate using team viewer for my personal home use , but am getting a fed up with my account now locked saying I use it for work . which i don't. I am, quiet happy to pay for a personal license, I use it across windows and linux getting to work on Open SUSE was a pain , but it works. Happy to donate 50.00 a year towards a personal license even it had a limit on machines up to 10. I just want to be able to use for my own personal use without the annoying ban. well going back too **Third Party Product** as it has no limitations for personal use

• DKS
    DKS Posts: 6 ✭✭

Hi ,

I've been having issues trying to connect to my mother's Oppo phone since late August. We do manage to connect, but then it times out, within about 30 secs. It thinks I am running it commercially or whatever ?? But I am not ! I was then advised to try the reset management. I did this, but still having issues. When I applied for the reset management, I advised just my ID. Maybe that is the issue ? Should I have also advised of my mother's ID ??

In addition, should my mother load onto her phone , the Universal Add-on for Android ? Maybe that is another issue ?

• DKS
    DKS Posts: 6 ✭✭

OK, further to the above. I have just logged into the "Reset Management" section. And it does mention the application has been submitted and is "pending further review". Is there further information required ???

• The_ferret
    The_ferret Posts: 6 ✭✭

Hello,

Several months ago I was using TeamViewer on a personal basis, to help my family and friends, but I was wrongly suspected of commercial use. So I had abandoned teamviewer, but a few days ago I saw on the site that there was a form to request an unblocking, so I filled it out and I am now awaiting a response. But given this bad experience, I would like to know, if for personal use there is a limited number of authorized id's (friends or family member) that one can log in non simultaneously to be able to help them.

Thank you