Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• skibax84
    skibax84 Posts: 1

i have the same issue on two diffrent machines with that Windows version.

• yettisoft
    yettisoft Posts: 1

Hi,

I have the same problem with version 22478.1012 😪

• same problem with version 22478 😥

• Kerstin_PO
    Kerstin_PO Posts: 78 Staff member 🤠

Hi all,

Thanks a lot, to all of you who already tried out TeamViewer on Windows 11 and for providing feedback. You´ve been incredibly helpful in the process of announcing full support. Thank you!

I am happy to inform you that now we have announced full support for TeamViewer 15.22 on Windows 11. 

Please see our Knowledge Hub article for more information on the details.

If there are more issues to report, we are still interested in further feedback, of course.

Thanks again for the collaborative teamwork from the whole R&D department here at TeamViewer.

Best, Kerstin

Product Owner TeamViewer Core
  • Sebastien_BONNET
    Sebastien_BONNET Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited October 2021

i have some trouble about windows 11 version

i create a new post

my windows 11 version: 22478.1012_rs_prerelease

• ElrondIT
    ElrondIT Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited October 2021

I've got the same issue with 'Windows 11 Insider Preview 22478.1000'. I've tried remote controlling a system beside me and on that machine I can see everything happening, but the view of the remote machine is not appearing on my system. I've tried disabling UDP but this has no impact, the screen stays the same.

• sejal
    sejal Posts: 1
    edited October 2021

After updating into Windows 11 Insider Preview 22478.1000 , the remote controllling is glitched it get stuck in connecting just like in the pic

i tried to connect to my friends laptop and in his laptop it say im connected even my cursor can seen moving but on my screen its stuck

i've tried udp but not working

• Paulo86Lima
    Paulo86Lima Posts: 1

Goodnight. I have the update available from Microsoft to fix the bug, but I still have issues.

I disabled UDP and it's working fine now, but it hasn't been fixed with the mentioned HotFix.

I use TeamViewer 15.22.3 (x86) with Windows 11 in clean installation, which I installed 2 days ago.

• Kerstin_PO
    Kerstin_PO Posts: 78 Staff member 🤠

Dear @Magzz, @skibax84, @yettisoft, @anhvip46, @Sebastien_BONNET, @ElrondIT, @sejal,

thanks a lot for providing your feedback.

Please be aware, that we can only give full support for the production release builds by Microsoft (currently 22000), not for developer and insider preview build versions (like the mentioned build number 22478), as we also need to do the tests and, if necessary, do some code adaptions.

But, of course, we are very happy to already know about potential upcoming problems and will have a look into it.

@Paulo86Lima Could you please double check, if you are using 22000 build number?

Best,

Kerstin

Product Owner TeamViewer Core
  • amandhillon
    amandhillon Posts: 1
    edited October 2021

Hello all,

I am having windows 11, build 22478 and I have disabled UDP in teamviewer (as suggested in previous thread) but still I am not able to login to my remote machine.

• FredrikP
    FredrikP Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same here i cant connect to remote computers with windows build 11 pro insider preview 22478 211008-1414

I've tried disabling UDP but this has no impact, the screen stays the same.

• Luc_chivas
    Luc_chivas Posts: 2 ✭✭

I Have exactly the same issue Build 22478.rs_prerelease.211008-1414 and teamviewer 15.22.3 (64 bits)

Try to disable UDP.. same issue.

• Greengrenadez
    Greengrenadez Posts: 2 ✭✭

I had the same issue. After each reboot, simply sign out and sign back in and this will fix a lot of the issues with current build of Windows 11 (22478.1012)

• Magzz
    Magzz Posts: 2 ✭✭
  • I had my personal account unilaterally curtailed without warning or reason other than an accusation I was breaking the licence rules.

I followed the directions on the TeamViewer web site to have this addressed - twice and still no response. Seems the clear message is that Team Viewer want to get rid of all their personal users.

Since there is now no official company support for Personal Users and no response through the designated process, just curious if anyone else actually got a positive result to a request to be reinstated??

• gman74
    gman74 Posts: 1

Hi,

I am operating under a free license and am attempting to screen share between my computer and a relative (in UK) who is using an IPAD. I am located in AUS.

I am using a Macbook Pro + Teamviewer App

Relative is using an iPAD + Teamviewer Quick Support App

I can connect fine but after approx 2 min, the connection ends and a message appears saying, thanks for using TV, play fair etc...

The strange thing is, is if I control my own iPad from my Macbook there's no issue with timeouts. The only difference is my relative is in the UK. We both have the same iPad version and IOS update.

Cheers

• ElrondIT
    ElrondIT Posts: 3 ✭✭

Issue appears to be fixed in build 22483 dev

• TechReality
    TechReality Posts: 5 ✭✭

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I had some issues myself that just happened, with no real reason!

I first did an uninstall of TeamViewer and then re-installed it, with same issues.

Next up, uninstalled it, and then removed the TeamViewer folders from appdata\local folder and the appdata\roaming folder.

Also double checked that there was no leftover files in c:\program files\

Installed the same package that I downloaded previously, and bizarrely I am now connecting fine!

At least it's another thing to try if all else fails!

• Hello.

I am trying to connect to my other devices using my Teamviewer client on my Mac but I keep getting an error that I may be using it for commercial purposes whereas I am trying to connect to personal computers around my house and my wife's or father's to assist with items on their computer having issues. How can I prove that I am not using my teamviewer account for my devices in a commercial manner but purely personal?

• Soulman1703
    Soulman1703 Posts: 1
    edited October 2021

I use TeamViewer between my domestic laptops purely for personal use not commercial. You appear from the message to have blocked my usage apart from your assumption being incorrect I resent being accused of being dishonest.

Please advise how I can get the acount unlocked for personal use.

• Sebastien_BONNET
    Sebastien_BONNET Posts: 6 ✭✭

i have install full release versoj windows 11 21H2 22000.282 and TV fresh installed works fine

• satisfiedshoes
    satisfiedshoes Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have used TeamViewer to connect with my second computer and do some stuff on it from my main machine. I have never had any problems with connection limits etc. I use this software just at the home.

Unfortunately, yesterday I tried to connect with a second computer and do some things there, but TeamViewer close my connection after 1 minute of streaming. I repeated this a few times, but the result was always the same.

What is going on? As I remember, the free version for home usage has never had some limitations. So this 1 min limit is some kind of bug, or did they change their policy for the very restricted model?

On a machine that should be the host of remote desktop I have installed Windows 10 Home Edition, so I can't use native Windows RDP app.

• Anwarjutt
    Anwarjutt Posts: 5 ✭✭

@satisfiedshoes Your connection is being limited because TeamViewer suspects that you are using it for commercial purposes. If you believe that it is incorrect (which appears to be common), then you can use this form to request that they investigate.

Worth noting that there is no guarantee that they will unblock your ID. If they don't then you will either need to pay for a license or find alternative software.

• buckowski
    buckowski Posts: 6 ✭✭

I had issue with Windows 11 builds 22478.1000 and newer. After successful connecting to remote PC I can see only glitched "connecting window" not the remote PC screen.

To solve this issue you have to revert back to Windows 11 build 21xxx.xxxx.

Second option on AMD processor and graphics was install latest AMD drivers. Now it works again. But I have similar issue on second computer with Intel and Nvidia.

• WheelieUK
    WheelieUK Posts: 1
    edited October 2021

Hi Guys,

This is my first post in this community. I will try to be as precise as possible. I linked to this thread because I have the same issue as reported above. I have received a commercial use detection (Possibly due to use of a VPN). This has happened several times in the past, and each time I have to get re-whitelisted.

I am a retired disabled man who uses the app to assist my aunt, who is clinically extremely vulnerable, following cancer treatment and currently won't let anyone but medical personnel into the house. I already installed this on her system when I set it up for her, so tried to access it recently to look at a pop-up on her system. When I tried, I got the commercial use detected due to activity. The thing is that I haven't used this app to help anyone for several months now, so find high activity use a bit strange.

Anyhow, I went to the reset-licence page and I filled in the online form. When I pressed the button to create the PDF and send, nothing happened. I have now tried this on Chrome, Edge and Firefox. All with and without the VPN Running. There seems no way to speak with tech support, which I tried to do, unless it is through this forum. Hence, this post. My ID is **Do Not Post TeamViewer IDs**

Any help anyone can offer me here would be greatly appreciated.

Mike aka WheelieUK

• toshinleeds
    toshinleeds Posts: 0

I use the free teamviewer app to monitor 3 satellitetv boxes which supply my residential complex in Tenerife with 3 tv channels from the UK. I live on the complex but the tv room is 7 floors down in another building and teamviewer saves me the time if there is a problem. Generally I just check them twice a day but recently due to supplier server problems it has been quite unreliable and I have been connecting many times over the last few days. The system now thinks I am not a residential user and has blocked my access. How do I get my account unlocked'

Regards

Keith McIntosh

• Hi

I have a pc next to my main pc , but no screen for it. Is this commercial use?

Can i get support to unlock me if its free to use as i do?

Regards

• Aaron_Antczak
    Aaron_Antczak Posts: 5 ✭✭

I would like to prevent my users from upgrading on their own, how can we leverage your patch management and build a policy that doesn't allow this to happen? I work for a smaller company which never implemented active directory. Literally just deployed computers as needed where ever without any infrastructure.. about 50 to 60 pcs/laptops. Thanks for the help on this.

• kamboh
    kamboh Posts: 1
    edited November 2021

Several windows 7, 8, and 10 users ask how to fix it: windows can’t find one of the files in this theme. The users with the error said that it occurs at that time when they aren’t using the computer for a while. So if you are facing this issue as well, we are here to provide you the quick solutions.

Even after clicking on the yes option from the error box, it will not disappear. The error occurs with a file named “settingsynchost.exe.” Apart from that, you will have

an error because of the current theme that you are using.

There are some common causes of this issue that you will know below in our guide. Read on for knowing more about it! Follow the instructions step by step to resolve the problem correctly.