teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Cancel my subscription

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 785 Senior Moderator

Hello @DaveC64

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

In order to submit a ticket, you need to sign in with a licensed account:

Please ensure you are using the account you activated the license to.

If this is not possible, please contact our support teams directly via the phone for further assistance:

Thanks in advance.

Josh P.
    Senior Community Moderator

---

Did my response answer your question? Help out others and select it as the Accepted Answer

• Timburne
    Timburne Posts: 3 ✭✭

This is ridiculous from such a large company. The email that is listed as a contact on PayPal is unmonitored! Such BS. I don't need Teamviewer now but next time I do I'll be looking for a different solution. Crooks

• Timburne

Ha ha @Esther what a load of BS....

Click Teamviewer customer portal as you mention here and...

Page Not Found

The page you were looking for could not be found.

It's like a scammy software company trying to stop leavers - far too simple to add a simple cancel button like any reputable business would...

Like some Insta diet selling scam

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,112 Former Community Manager

HI Tim - thanks for mentioning that the links in my post above are no longer working. I corrected them now and can confirm that they are linking to the correct articles again (please see my original posting above).

The reason for this is that the post has been made prior to the migration of this community to a new platform. For some reason did the automated forwarded of the article not work correctly.

So don´t worry - it´s nothing scammy and I apologize for the non-working link. Our goal was of course that all links keep on working after the platform migration.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Timburne

Hi Ether,

thanks for the note but to be honest I still think teamviewer is scammy - Only a very dodgy outfit would make it so hard to cancel and to be contacted. Maybe your churn rate is so so awful you need to hang onto people until they learn how to get out. No company I would want to work for though. And, importantly for your folks as I am a buyer, no company I will ever buy from again.

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,112 Former Community Manager

Hi again Tim,

Sorry to hear that. I apologize that the cancellation process has been hard for you. Our goal is to make the whole process from using our software the first time until the very last day as comfortable as possible, but there seems to be room for improvements.

Rest assured that I will forward your feedback internally.

Thanks again for the time you took writing us your feedback!

I hope you will be using TeamViewer again one day in the future!

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Cariappa
    Cariappa Posts: 4 ✭✭

I wish to end my subscription but TeamViewer makes this so hard, there is a toll number which costs money, no email address to send a request. Unacceptable.

• Cariappa
    Cariappa Posts: 4 ✭✭

I wish to cancel my automatic renewal, how does this worj=k and why is it so hard to do so.

• AnandBurli
    AnandBurli Posts: 1
    edited June 2021

Hello Sir

My case is similar, I have been trying to cancel my subscription and according I raised a ticket, they advised me to write a mail to some [personal information removed per community guidelines] and as my mail exchanges were happening, suddenly received one mail Thanking me for the order and they deducted my yearly subscription fees using Auto-Debit from my credit card.

I had never requested for Auto-Renewal nor have given my consent for Auto-Debit, now they are not even replying to my mails.

Can you please help me in this - I do not require the software and they have deducted the amount with informing me or taking my consent.

We are located in India.

Anand Burli

[removed per community guidelines]

• Borjis
    Borjis Posts: 1

How can I cancel my automatic subscription? I do not want an automatic renewal

• JacobusB
    JacobusB Posts: 2 ✭✭

How can I cancel my subscription ?

Please assist , there is no obvious way to accomplish this ?

• MikeW_OMM
    MikeW_OMM Posts: 1

How do I cancel the subscription? Not able to get through using phone call and not able to open up a support ticket, so how do i cancel this?

• Need to cancel subscription -

• I've been trying to cancel my account for several weeks, but it seems to be impossible. I saw one reference from another frustrated customer where they were asked to raise a support ticket to close an account. I've ended up here trying to do that.

How do I cancel my account?

• I got an email that my license will overdue one month later and the system will renew the license automatically from my account. I do not want to renew it and I need to know how to prevent it been renewed?

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @QiuHongyun,

Thank you for the detailed explanation. 🙌

Please note that to terminate a license, customers need to submit a ticket 28 days prior to the renewal date, as stated in our EULA.

We explain how to proceed in this Knowledge Base article right here: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/65605-subscription-renewal

Also, we explain all possibilities about how to submit a ticket here: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/72027-how-to-submit-a-ticket

Our goal is to provide transparent information and we are constantly working on improving this in our platforms.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best,

Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @John123456789,

Thank you for your post.

Please make sure that you submit a form with your licensed account otherwise it comes to the community page as you mentioned.

Also please feel free to call our support team directly, so they will be happy to assist you: https://www.teamviewer.com/support/

Hope this information will be helpful.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • KelPel
    KelPel Posts: 1

I've been trying for several weeks to cancel my subscription. It looks like it hasn't worked as I just got an invoice. Can you please refund any charges if there were any and cancel my subscription?

Thanks.

• Colin12
    Colin12 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited July 2021

I have cancelled my account/contract and was billed.

I am going to call my credit card company to reverse the charge. As its impossible to cancel the contract. I did not want to renew the contract as I don't use the service anymore.

Please cancel my contract ASAP, or I will be contacting my credit card company to report your company with a fraudulent charge.

• jpidgeon
    jpidgeon Posts: 1

I WANT MY SUBSCRIPTION CANCEL IMMEDIATELY I HAD NO

WAY OF KNOWING THAT IT WAS $1800 TO RENEW.

REFUND ME MY MONEY NOW

• dkryukov
    dkryukov Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have sent a ticket on June 8 2021 with a request to cancel my subscription. Yesterday I got charged $448 for auto-renewal which I thought I had cancelled two months ago. MORE THAN 28 DAYS ago. Ticket #35715823

Please refund me my money immediately and cancel this scam subscription of yours. I can't log in to my "client portal" which wants a "code sent during activation". I don't have any code. I can't request a new code to activate.

As someone said - the product is (was?) good, but your greed and sloppy customer service is just not worth it.

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 690 Moderator

Hello @Colin12, @jpidgeon,

To cancel your subscription, you have to submit a ticket to our support, so our sales team can have a look into it.

You can find out how to do this here:

---

Hello @dkryukov, unfortunately, I couldn't find a ticket with the number you gave me. Actually, I couldn't find any tickets created on your account.

You can create a new ticket with the link I provided above, if that doesn't work I can create a ticket for you.

Let me know.

Best,

Justin

German Community Moderator

• dkryukov
    dkryukov Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited August 2021

Very convenient.

Look, I will not repeat what others said here before. Your product is good. But your greed is what will make you go bust eventually.

I have never seen such arrogant cancellation policy. I have contacted American Express, I have put TeamViewer on the black list and I will dispute this payment. You will never ever get more money from me.

Attached is a screenshot from TeamViewer -- my request has been filed two months ago.

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 690 Moderator

Hello @dkryukov,

Thank you for the screenshot.

A ticket for you has been created, I also attached your provided screenshot. Someone will be in touch with you soon.

I will keep an eye on it so that your request is definitely resolved.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best,

Justin

German Community Moderator

• ladidah
    ladidah Posts: 4 Newbie

We now have debt collectors chasing us for an unwanted subscription that was auto-renewed . Also deliberately opaque trying to find the cancel tools. Appalling business practise!

• how so i get team viewer out of my computer?

• Terkildsen
    Terkildsen Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited December 2021

Why the **bleep** is this so difficult!

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 834 Moderator

Hi @Terkildsen

Thanks for reaching out to us. Welcome to the community :)

If you need assistance creating a ticket, please PM me your e-mail address and I will create one for you.

Would this work for you?

Best, Alena

Spanish Community Moderator :)

• PPMG
    PPMG Posts: 0

I used teamviewer remote about a 2 years, and it is a good product, however I no longer use it as much, so I request cancel it and created ticket 20 days ago. However, I have been charged for another year yesterday and knowing there is 28 days prior end of term policy to cancel. I don't know that. What is my solution for that? I really don't want to pay for another year which I no longer need the service.

By the way, there customer support is really bad regarding cancelation. I created ticket twice to cancel, just close my ticket and said I was out of stage to cancel. Called in and wait for 40 minutes and end up said my license does not have telephone support. It make cancelation really difficult.

Brent G

• Fatix
    Fatix Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited December 2021

The strangest thing happened. It seems I do not have an account and yet I do have a subscription which I cannot cancel, because I have no account and thus cannot submit a ticket.

So I need to set up an account in order to be able to cancel my subscription? So when I DELETED my account some time ago, thinking I got rid of the subscription, I accidentally made it impossible for me to EVER cancel this subscription? :) Is that it?

Wow. This is incredible. I have just blocked my PayPal's automatic renewal for this service. And I DARE you to try to come for my money with your renewal and our lawyers will sue you **bleep** to the grave.

Just for clarity - I want to cancel my subscription but TeamViewer's system makes it impossible for me to do so. So I, on one hand, can log into the subscription area with invoices etc (Customer portal). but the same login details stopped working whenever I want to submit a ticket. So I can never submit it. So I can never cancel my subscription. A golden business, that is.

Although, to be honest, when my account was still active, I could not submit a ticket either. It kept redirecting me to the same website, telling me that my login was not connected to a paid account (although it was). This is great.

So just tell me - how do I cancel my subscription when I deleted my account?