Dark screen and can't unlock

Options
Klockins
Klockins Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited June 2021 in Mobile

Hello!

A new phone(Samsung A12 ) was purchased 2weeks ago on which the teamviewer host program was installed. First week the program worked without problems. I normally can connect and unlocked the phone(Samsung A12)with remote control from my phone (samsung s10e ). Now I can connect to the phone, but the screen can not be unlocked, it is always dark. I press any buttons the screen does not work to "wake up" as before. In the settings was not any correction. Why did the program stop working remote control( can't unlock)?

When phone is unblocked I can remote him. How to fix this problem( unlocked phone then I am connected with Team viewer)?

Answers

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 802 [Former Staff]
    Options

Hello @Klockins,

I don't think you can completely remove the idle timeout however, you might want to extend it in your settings.

If it worked before, you should try updating your TeamViewer. Here is the link to download it:

Please keep us updated, if you solved your problem.

Best,

Justin

German Community Moderator

• Klockins
    Klockins Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Hello @Justin,

I was update my TW, but it doesn't solved my problem. I can remote others phone in my group, but Samsung A12 I still can't "wake up" from black screen.

• thomas786
    thomas786 Posts: 1
    Options

Hello, I have the same probleme with a samsung A505FN. Unable to unlock the black screen when screen is locked. I tried to unlock forever the screen but the maximum value possible on the samsung options is 30 minutes.

• EstebanFM
    EstebanFM Posts: 1
    Options

Hello I have the exact same problem with an Android A11.

Is there a way around to unlock the phone from mine? Has there been a security update of some sort? And if so is it fixeable?

Thanks

• jch99
    jch99 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Same. Whenever the phone needs to have a pin entered the screen is blank or different on the client side and you can't see the keys but can see when looking at the host directly that they are being 'clicked'... Android 12 on pixel 3a.

• jch99
    jch99 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I hope there is an update soon to address this issues. Unfortunately it makes TeamViewer unusable altogether for me.

• spaceman_7624
    spaceman_7624 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

Hi, since a few weeks I'm have the very same problem with my Samsung A51, which worked fine before. I connect to my phone from a Windows 11 computer and have my phone set to unlock by a pattern. When I connect remotely and try to unlock, the remote screen of my phone turns dark while the actual display of my phone displays the grid for entering the pattern. When I move the mouse on the computer I can see that it tries to unlock the phone but the pattern ends up at the wrong place as I cannot see on the remote computer where I'm actually drawing it. If the phone is unlocked already remote works fine, but this is not my use case. I always always need to unlock my phone when connecting remotely. Unfortunately this renders Teamviewer completely unuseable for me until this issue is resolved.

My setup:

Teamviewer v15.37.3 dated Dec 12, 2022

Teamviewer Host 15.38.15 HM on Samsung A51 / Android 13

A solution would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Bernd